Well, IS Haiti a "sh!thole country" or not. Discuss.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
fin
Capt
Capt
Well, IS Haiti a "sh!thole country" or not. Discuss.

#1 Post by fin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm

DISCLAIMER; I have never been a Trump "supporter" but was SO disgusted with Hillary that I took great enjoyment in watching him make his waves during the campaign. By the way, all along, I HONESTLY shared the opinions voiced in the just released Wolf book - that he did NOT want to win and never expected to, ever. It was merely a fun publicity stunt for him and certainly great entertainment for those of us who were tired of or even sickened by a fawning media which had totally abdicated it's proper role and become nothing but a cheering mouthpiece.

Once he won and the uproar began, I retreated from the media as much as possible and tuned out all the furor which attended his every day in office.

However, when he announced that he did not want more immigration from Haiti and other shithole countries, I had to emerge long enough to watch the repercussions. One of the first places I looked was "elsewhere" {Gee Mod, are you allowed to say elsewhere here?} only to find the relevant thread, with interesting contributions from folks who had spent a lot of time in such countries, had been closed.

So here I am in the land of free speech, wondering seriously whether he was speaking truth which is unpalatable, or whether he was articulating a perhaps somewhat widespread opinion that was not politically correct to voice. I have visited 23 Caribbean Islands and never been to Haiti, so I cannot say first hand whether it is or is not. Many of my long time friends HAVE been, and they say it is.

So.....
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Capetonian

Re: Well, IS Haiti a "sh!thole country" or not. Discuss.

#2 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Blacks are the most destructive force on the planet. They have turned almost every country where they are 'in charge' into a shithole in different ways.

I haven't had the misfortune to go to Haiti but a friend of mine misguidedly went on a 'do gooding' mission and came back with a very poor opinion, as do most people who experience the ruthlessness and venality of blacks towards their own people.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 pm

If a shithole is a shithole, why not call it a shithole?

Folk might quarrel about his language, but I don't think he's far off the mark here.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Wodrick » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:23 pm

If Lagos is 10 on the shithole scale, where is Haiti.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Bob
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by Bob » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Lots of Blacks in the US of A Capetonian, , so tell me where does it come in the Shithole Rankings?
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 pm

AtomKraft wrote:If a shithole is a shithole, why not call it a shithole?

Well, I would say
1) Perhaps not the best form of language for POTUS - I'm sure most 'clever' people (even of his level of brilliance) could think of a better way of expressing the opinion - and
2) Why then deny it?

SAD?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 am

Boac.
I disagree.
By referring to Haiti as a shithole, he correctly identified it for what it is, ie a shithole.
As a bonus, he also identified himself as what he is, ie, an arsehole.

What's not to like?

fin
Capt
Capt

#8 Post by fin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:19 am

Bob wrote:Lots of Blacks in the US of A Capetonian, , so tell me where does it come in the Shithole Rankings?

Although your question was addressed to Capetonian, I'll take a shot at it, because I live here.

The United States is large enough to have a very wide range of societal situations, and it does. They range from very beautiful affluent neighborhoods to third world grinding poverty --well, shit-holes. [Google collected recent images of Camden and you will see what the latter looks like]

Astute observers will perhaps note (but likely not comment on) the correlation between the neighborhoods and the demographic of the inhabitants.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:17 am

AtomKraft wrote:By referring to Haiti as a shithole, he correctly identified it for what it is, ie a shithole.
As a bonus, he also identified himself as what he is, ie, an arsehole.

Whilst he has adequately proved 'bonus' point 2 already, remember that according to the Trumpet, he hadn't "correctly identified it for what it is, ie a shithole", so no 'brownie' points there....

Bob wrote:where does it come in the Shithole Rankings?
- I suggest its ranking is greatly enhanced by its 'leader'?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by OFSO » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 am

I know several people with black skins - both men and women - who are truly fine examples of the human race, and I'd trust 'em with my life.

However it doesn't alter the fact the the countries they come from are indeed shitholes. Vulgar language (as one might expect from El Trumpo) but he hit the spot with that one.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 am

but he hit the spot with that one.
- except he didn't say it, did he?

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:48 am

Well Scunthorpe is a bigger shithole than Basingstoke which is also a shithole and there are more shitholes in states like Texas and Alabama than, say, Washington or California... on could go on ad infinitum and all these comments would just be opinions representing one's own tastes, bad experiences or personal prejudices (some more extreme than others)...

The issue with Trump, is that as POTUS, a role that denotes the need for dipomacy and statemanship, is that he should not give vent to his own personal prejudices. What is worse is that it is almost certain, given his previous record and comments, that he is a racist and is thus insulting a sizable part of the world's population and a minority his own nation as well.

That some here, by venting their own prejudices, some so extreme that they are offensive to all decent men, think that this is OK is a sad reflection on them personally and leaves this site open to the very accusations that tedious critics like True Liberal level at us here at ops-normal (see his comments on the Test Message forum).

Perhaps some here should stow shouting out their prejudices, about blacks and the like, as it not OK to spout whatever bile comes into their heads just because they can!

Frankly I am sometimes embarrassed to be associated, by proxy even, with some of this kind of nonsense and I am certain that some other, more genteel, quieter members here, are too but are just too timid to say so!

Caco

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Some people would argue that the person who gets elected reflects the attitude of those who elected him.

In the case of Mr. Trump, could just be.

He seems like a typical American to me.....

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Maybe Haiti isn't the greatest of places in the world; I wouldn't know as I have never been there. If President Trump doesn't want to help these people by enabling them to improve their lives as a result of positive means then the least he can do is allow those that are legally resident to remain in America.

Living in Africa I get the impression that most people living in the first world have no idea about the lives of many people living in the other worlds. Life may be very basic, but certainly in Botswana it does not deserve the description of a s*****e.

Even Norwegians don't want to go to America. https://news.sky.com/story/trump-in-exc ... r-11205380
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#15 Post by Bob » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:06 pm

fin wrote:
Bob wrote:Lots of Blacks in the US of A Capetonian, , so tell me where does it come in the Shithole Rankings?

Although your question was addressed to Capetonian, I'll take a shot at it, because I live here.

The United States is large enough to have a very wide range of societal situations, and it does. They range from very beautiful affluent neighborhoods to third world grinding poverty --well, shit-holes. [Google collected recent images of Camden and you will see what the latter looks like]

Astute observers will perhaps note (but likely not comment on) the correlation between the neighborhoods and the demographic of the inhabitants.

I know very well what Camden looks like WITHOUT googling, fin and take your point.
Try the same with a few suburbs in Large American Cities and you know well what you will find

Give me your shithole rating for UK and USA if you like, I'm curious (well that's what the missus tells me)
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Yahoo Answers:
"Why is Luton such a sh!thole?"
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 847AAmpj5K

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:15 pm

The awful truth, care of ...

https://craptowns.wordpress.com/

craptownswordpresscom.JPG
craptownswordpresscom.JPG (318.62 KiB) Viewed 361 times

Luton...

Instead it was the unhappy coexistence between the town’s two predominate racial groups; poorer South Asian in the central pockets of town, and wealthy Daily Mail reading white in the suburbs, that makes this town such an unhappy place to be. The complete ghettoisation of Wycombe that splits the urban area upon almost purely racial lines (when was the last time you saw an Asian face in Tylers Green, and how many white people linger on the streets of Castlefield?) has resulted in ever-brewing racial tension that gets worse year on year. The isolated incidents of racism that sadly occur more often than the Bucks Free Press and Thames Valley Police would happily report, and inaccurate prejudice that trades among both communities behind closed doors has resulted in these ethnic groups really **** hating each other. Recent news events have featured organised local gangs exploiting young girls for sex; the conviction of Wycombe-based international terrorists and extremists, gang-related kneecappings, and stabbings. The bigoted tripe that spews from the mouths of just about everyone creates an atmosphere of permanent hostility just makes you want to get out. And once you do, you won’t come back.

Well there we have it... =))

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:13 pm

More from the link above...

Well Broxburn makes Hiati sound positively pleasant...

An old classic, from the vaults! So good, and about such a bad, so frequently mentioned town, it just had to be brought back….
Scarred for life
Slumbering malevolently beneath one of the many industrial slag heaps that scar the area, Broxburn’s main distinguishing features are religious bigotry, alcoholism, drug guzzling (previously solvents and lighter fluid, now cannabis and ecstasy), sixties housing schemes and ned culture. The loss of the major local industries (car manufacture, steel, mining, others too numerous to mention) and their replacement by jobs at the low end of the service/electronics industries tore the heart out of the town. And the soul. And the gonads.

The town’s social life – which was badly hit by the closure of the last remaining public toilet in 1991 – is mainly concerned with fighting, drinking, smoking dope and hanging around the main street from 8.00 pm onwards. There the distractions include frightening little old ladies, shouting abuse at women on their own, being sick into litter bins and, occasionally, being picked up by the police.

Ross McBurnie
Poetry
Football
addicted
bigoted
grey
wet
cold
unemployment
nightmare.

Caco

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#19 Post by Stoneboat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 pm

I'm willing to bet there are far more people who would emigrate from Haiti to any shithole in Britain or the US than there would be people who would go the other way.

Capetonian

#20 Post by Capetonian » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Bob wrote:
Lots of Blacks in the US of A Capetonian, , so tell me where does it come in the Shithole Rankings?

I've been off the air for a couple of days and I see someone else has answered the question asked of me.

My comment referred to countries where blacks are 'in charge', which is not the case in the USA, perhaps I could have been clearer but the analogy with the USA is not invalid if you look at towns which are largely run and populated by blacks - Detroit being a good example.
Most -and not all as there are some significant exceptions - black governed countries in Africa are appalling places, and whilst, if I were a prominent political personage, I would not refer to them as shitholes, but as a private individual I can do so.