Oxfam and all the rest

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Oxfam and all the rest

#1 Post by Boac » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:02 pm

For me, the most sickening thing to come out of all this is that the perpetrators of what is by anyone's definition abusing a position of trust would appear, like those in the Catholic Church and C of E, to have 'escaped' punishment and have been allowed to move to other places where they would be free to repeat their actions.

I saw Penny Mordaunt (current Secretary of State for International Development) interviewed on the BBC Andrew Marr show today, and allowing for the fact that she is essentially a politician who's lips were moving, did appear to be aiming to seek retribution against those guilty. I think many 'donors' to these organisations will be watching closely. She was calling for details of those who were allowed to 'resign' or even, possibly were sacked to be passed to prosecutors and the Charities Commission. It looks as if the whole Charities bubble needs pricking.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Oxfam and all the rest

#2 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Seems to be full of pricks already ;)

Capetonian

#3 Post by Capetonian » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 pm

They are a shower of freeloading parasitic scum. They do not deserve our support. I'm talking about the so-called charity, not the people they purport to be helping.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Magnus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:54 pm

I don't trust or like any of the big corporate charities. Only place to get dosh out of me now is a hospice in Edinburgh, where my mother-in-law was well cared for.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by Stoneboat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:57 pm

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:09 pm

I wouldn't give Oxfam the steam off my piss.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Capetonian

#7 Post by Capetonian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 pm

My dad called them 'wogsfam' and he was nowhere near as 'racist' as I am, the difference being that he'd only spent the odd couple of months in Africa, and that was mostly in Niggeria, where 5 minutes is enough to make the most liberal of people racist.

He'd seen the way the fat pigs and tribal chiefs made merry with goods and funds meant for the needy.

Difference between a visitor to Africa and a racist in most of Africa - about two days. Exception - Nigeria, where you're probably a racist before you even board the aircraft, specially in the days of the old Nigeria Airways, two letter IATA code WT for Wog Transport.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 pm

I had a more-or-less confidential briefing on the antics of UN Peacekeepers two years ago. Make OXFAM look quite restrained in comparison. I am sure most aid agencies working in Africa are the same. The locals regard women as playthings and life as cheap - worthless - why should they be different when working there.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by OFSO » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Odd that I posted the above yesterday. The "Times" today, page 9, quotes from Andrew MacLeod, former Chief of Operations at the UN Emergency Coordination Centre, saying UN staff have committed 60,000 rapes in the past decade and that there are 3,300 paedophiles working for the UN. "There are tens of thousands of aid workers around the world with paedophile tendencies but as long as you are wearing a (eg) UNICEF T-shirt nobody will ask what you are up to."

52 allegations against UN staff were made in 2017 in the Central African Republic alone; nearly half involved children.