Chaos in Germany

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Germany

#341 Post by Boac » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:53 pm

HMK tried to get to Bremerhaven but finished up in Hamburg (close, but no cigar). I know from experience there are plenty of 'options' there, but I see he has taken Mrs with him? Talk about coals to Newcastle.............

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#342 Post by barkingmad » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:20 am

For us, the war over, but ve must maintain our guard against future invasion(s);

https://www.eugyppius.com/p/the-german- ... -scheduled

One of the comments after the article sums it all up, not only the for Germans but for all of us;

"Corona Virus will come and go, but government will NEVER forget how easy it was to take control of everyone's life; to control every sporting event, classroom, restaurant table, church, and even whether and when people are allowed to leave their homes."

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#343 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:18 am

Not everyone's life.

The media and government have a vested interest in not even mentioning those whose lives were hardly affected, and/or those they failed to control, except to demonise them. However, there are some things they can't hide.

We just had an election here. Turnout was down by 18%, by far the lowest on record. It was a fine, sunny day, as were the three early voting days. 18% of the voting public just opted out of the whole process.

Percentage of a population historically required for major governmental change, 3.5%.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#344 Post by OFSO » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:56 pm

Hope the Greenies and Ecofreaks dancing and cheering because Germany has shut down it's last three nuclear reactors don't live downstream from Germany's filth-spewing brown coal power stations, the output of which is being increased to compensate...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#345 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 30, 2023 8:24 am

This article refers to the madness in Germany but can be valid for most of the insane western ’democracies’;

https://www.eugyppius.com/p/the-disrupt ... -activists

A disturbing yet encouraging trend towards this sort of behaviour in Britain is the direct action taken against the tarmac self-gluers by the ordinary man in the street, who of course will have their collars felt by Plod instead of the said law enforcers implementing laws already in statute.

Now where did I stow that pitchfork having sharpened one of the two tines...? :-?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#346 Post by OFSO » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:38 am

BERLIN — The Greens want Germany to ban gas and oil heating and switch to heat pumps — but have been struggling to install such a device in their own party headquarters for years.

The Greens wanted to use the renovation of its headquarters in the heart of Berlin to renew its gas heating system, making it climate-neutral and in line with their plans for German society. But according to a report in Der Spiegel, the party has been trying and failing since the end of 2019 to complete construction work and install a heat pump. It took two years for the Berlin authorities to issue a permit.

So far it's cost €5 million and might be working by third quarter this year.
NB: domestic heating by gas and oil 'banned' from 1st January 2024.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#347 Post by k3k3 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:28 pm

DB, German Railways, many people are have the false opinion that the railways in Germany are reliable, this is not the case. Ten days ago my wife landed in Düsseldorf at 18:05, the train to Baal should take 70 minutes, all went well until she reached Düsseldorf Hbf (Main staion), in seven minutes the platform her train was coming in on according to the info board changed three times, each change required running up and down stairs and along an underpass, missed the first train, next train cancelled, the train she caught was diverted to Duisburg (wrong direction) before going the right way only to stop at Rheydt where she was told the signals aren't working and a replacement bus service would be along "shortly". She arrived at her mothers house at 22:30.

Yesterday she went to Aachen intending to be back by lunchtime, the timetable says three trains per hour, takes about 30 minutes. Going to Aachen went without problem, the return journey not so, she waited an hour until a train turned up, got on, started moving but just outside the station it stopped for 20 minutes, then stopped and started all the way, the longest stop was an hour long outside Kohlscheid, instead of 30 minutes the journey took three hours thirty minutes.

Needless to say she won't be trusting the railway to get her to the airport on the way home, she'll get a taxi for the 90km trip.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#348 Post by OFSO » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:47 pm

We all moan and bitch in the UK, but with two trains (opposing platforms, both to Waterloo) every 15 minutes and an underground every three up to the Clinic I've been visiting - and not costing a penny - I think the UK is great.

Last night tried for two hours on the stupid Spanish website to cancel our AVE trains for tonight or change them to Wednesday. The cancellation fee is 100%.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#349 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:08 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:47 pm
We all moan and bitch in the UK, but with two trains (opposing platforms, both to Waterloo) every 15 minutes and an underground every three up to the Clinic I've been visiting.......
Unfortunately that standard of service is not repeated elsewhere in the UK. [-X
It's always my fault - SWMBO

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#350 Post by John Hill » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:17 pm

Stop whinging, I cannot think of any rail passenger services (except for a couple of tourist routes) in the entire South Island of NZ, which is bigger than England.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#351 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:50 pm

Likewise.
My last train ran in 1989.
The nearest rail station is in another Province, across water, and has 2 trains a week at prohibitive costs.
Although the old trackway was converted into a cycle path, which I used today to go shopping!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#352 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:52 am

I presume they still have operational ploughs in Germany in order to clear the taxiways of FOD debris?

https://www.eugyppius.com/p/self-gluing ... themselves

But it always was a concern that miles/kilometres of wire could easily be breached by folks with ill intent who could rapidly access airside, possibly with a vehicle to drive into the path of departing aircraft.

I’m surprised our fundamentalist brothers have not yet tried that trick following the theatre of security precautions post 9/11?

Hopefully the intelligence and aviation security folks have wargamed this tactic and have implemented precautions against such an attack... :-w

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#353 Post by Woody » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:13 am

When all else fails, read the instructions.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#354 Post by barkingmad » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:30 am

Phew, what a relief for the good citizens of Australia, New Zealand and Fiji that Deutschland Uber Alles seems to faded from memory after this expensive climate ruining farce?

This from the country who gave the World Ursula ‘Fond of Lying’, who is also remembered for her stellar achievements as their defence supremo some time ago, the story of German troops going on exercise in Norway using broomsticks in lieu of heavy machine guns being another example of the downfall of this once great industrial power.

https://www.eugyppius.com/p/bundeswehr- ... dium=email

But it’s good that it highlights the stunning hypocrisy of these Climate Emergency Fearmongers as they exhort us peasants to reduce our hydrocarbon usage whilst they het around the globe “saving the World” on behalf of the serfs! ~X(

And it’s not a good sales pitch for the glorious Airboos brand either, but as a Boeing fan I would say that, wouldn’t I? =))

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#355 Post by OFSO » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:27 am

Don't worry BM, now that the Krauts are legalising cannnabis, they'll all be too stoned to notice (or to find the road to Austria...)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#356 Post by OFSO » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:12 pm

In the 1980s (?) my wife's young brother Horst went off to do his 18 month compulsory military service in the Bundeswehr. A few weeks later he was back with a broken ankle, simple fracture.
Next thing is a letter arrives from the training CO, boy furloughed on full pay for the remainder of his service, something over 16 months.
Reason was so many conscripts were getting injured (or "injured") during training and being awarded a full pension for life, that they were taking no chances with Horst.
His father, who had fought at Stalingrad, was disgusted.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#357 Post by OFSO » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:04 pm

German nuclear phaseout leaves radioactive waste problem
Klaus Deuse
08/30/2023August 30, 2023
While Germany searches for a permanent storage facility for its nuclear waste, it risks sitting on piles of dangerous waste for decades. The problem drains public finances by hundreds of millions of euros every year.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#358 Post by OFSO » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:08 pm

Germany is at risk of becoming ‘the sick man of Europe’, according to the boss of the country’s biggest bank.

‘We are not the sick man of Europe,’ Deutsche Bank chief executive Christian Sewing told an industry summit in Frankfurt.

Well, yer pays yer money and yer makes yer choice....

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#359 Post by Boac » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:59 pm

"I voss only obeying orders". From The Telegraph:

"German general accused of trying to kiss male soldier at Invictus Games

The alleged victim complained to the German Defence Ministry that Major General Kurczyk tried to kiss him on the mouth without his consent.

‌Major General Markus Kurczyk has been temporarily relieved of his duties pending an investigation into the allegation"

"Vee haf ways of making you pucker"
Attachments
RFj5fsN1.jpg
RFj5fsN1.jpg (34.39 KiB) Viewed 651 times

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#360 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:12 am

I read that the authorities running the Anne Frank kindergarten in Germany want to change the name because immigrant parents of children there can't "relate" to Anne Frank.