Chaos in Germany

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Chaos in Germany

#21 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun May 13, 2018 8:26 pm

OFSO, by letting so many illegal immigrants in no time Vlady would look a very welcome solution. Hence by not building a serious defense capability against Vlady it assures he can help maintaining some basic human rights in Germany - like looking to ladies cleavage.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by OFSO » Tue May 15, 2018 10:08 am

basic human rights in Germany

One of which consists of giving asylum to Bin Laden's right-wing man who has been living in Bochum on welfare payments since 2012, I believe.....

(That might be an unsubtantiated rumour).

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by OFSO » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 am

To the question "is there anything a politician will not do to remain in power ?" we now have the answer. German leader and CDU leader Merkel threatened to sack CSU leader Horst Seehofer over his demands to close the borders of Bavaria to immigrants; Seehofer threatened to resign unless he got his way. Both have now reneged on their demands and agreed on a compromise which in reality is not what either of them wanted. But hey, the most important thing is neither of them is out of a job.......

I don't know whether its true that there is no honour among thieves but for sure there's no honour among politicians.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:42 am

I suspect Seehofer is going to discover very rapidly that this will not be enough for the CSU facing regional elections in October.
The risk for Merkel is that the CSU names another migration hard-liner to the cabinet. Facing a state election in October, the Bavarian faction has little incentive to back off the attacks on her open-borders policy that have poisoned Seehofer’s relationship with Merkel since the European refugee crisis in 2015 and 2016. Potential candidates to lead the party include two hard-liners: Bavarian premier Markus Soeder and CSU caucus head Alexander Dobrindt.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ion-crisis

I will be watching the Bavarian polling with interest, particularly to see how the AfD does relative to the CSU. I would guess if the AfD nicks 5% or more support from the CSU, we will see Seehofer having to get even tougher with Merkel or be out of a job himself.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by BenThere » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:00 pm

What I can't fathom is how Frau Merkel retains the level of support she has in light of the catastrophic immigration policies she has forced on German voters. Germany was prosperous and vibrant when she came to power. Now it's in a fight for survival, one which it entered into voluntarily.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:48 pm

..because the immigration policies haven't affected the majority of voters. It's the same the world over, in a democracy it pays to really screw a minority and dish out small favors to the majority.

And Germany still is prosperous.
Debt stable, GDP rising, strong positive Balance of Payments...it's all good. It's German culture and peace that are under threat, not the economy.

https://tradingeconomics.com/germany/indicators

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by BenThere » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Perhaps the majority of German voters haven't been affected, but the barbarians are inside the gates and they will be an increasing factor bearing on German well-being..

As for the German economy, I concede it remains prosperous, for now. Much of that, though is residual, and while I admire German ingenuity and engineering prowess, I don't see how a declining number of Germans paying the freight for an increasing number of disruptive welfare consumers bodes well.

It might work out well, though. History has shown prosperous Germans can tend toward causing trouble, sometimes big trouble.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:25 pm

It's German culture and peace

Joke from my copy of the Boys Own Paper, 1914.

Why does the Kaiser spell culture with a 'K' ? because Great Britain has command of the 'C'.

Incidentally I am selling my bound copies of the BOP, three volumes, all First World War. Make interesting reading. (Sorry for the ad. Alison, won't do it again.)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:05 pm

How often does a compromise mean that having surrendered basic principles, neither side gets want they want nor expect !

The Merkel / Seehofer compromise has:-

a) Pissed off both the CDU and CSU members as not enough or far too much, depending on your standpoint;

b) Upset the European Commission, as it interferes with free movement across borders;

c) Caused both Austrian and Italian governments to announce today that as soon as Merkel implements her 'compromise' solution, they will close their own borders to immigrants.

A pox on both their families !

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by OFSO » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:36 pm

The City of Munich has issued a document advising British citizens of their rights while living in Bavaria. As befits good Bavarians I understand there is no mention of 'Germany'.

Seenenough

#31 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Meanwhile the German economy goes from bad to worse which no doubt will be blamed on Trump.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by OFSO » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Interesting report in tonight's Evening Standard entitled "Dire economic news from the Eurozone" as Germany is about to fall into recession. The only reason France isn't already in recession is that once again, with the connivance of Brussels, they faked their figueres.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by OFSO » Sun May 26, 2019 7:13 am

The German government warned Jewish men yesterday not to wear the Kippa in public as wearing the ritual skullcap can provoke racist attacks.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by AtomKraft » Sun May 26, 2019 7:20 am

Plus ca change....

Capetonian

#35 Post by Capetonian » Mon May 27, 2019 1:36 pm

Jews are warned about wearing their traditional garb, and yet Muslims appear able to do so with impunity.

What does that say about 'Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit' when it implies that Muslims will be protected but if there are attacks on Jews, it will be 'tough, you were warned'?

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by BenThere » Tue May 28, 2019 2:12 am

The dark blanket of what we in the US call 'political correctness' has descended upon much of Europe even more than it has here, where our Constitutional 1st Amendment protects speech, even if it is unseemly. Why is it that news reporting can't make the connection between Muslim inflicted violence and unwelcome changes to the social fabric of our greatest nations as a consequence of mass immigration policies. Why are editorial observations muffled at the risk of being charged with hate crime for stating the obvious. Even individuals have to be careful what they say unless they are critical of the native cultures and religions of Europe.

Who put such a stifling regime in power in the first place? The rapidly ascending resistance to the consequences of Euro policy will only grow until it is addressed frankly and corrections are put in place, and those corrections will only be more severe unless there is a dramatic change in tack.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by OFSO » Wed May 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Looks like Mutti Merkel, aghast at her head-of-party replacement AKK having lost so many CDU/CSU votes in the euro elections, is planning to cancel her retirement as Bundeskanzler. There are also rumours, which I don't think any rational person would believe, that she is considering returning as party leader.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by OFSO » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:01 am

Walter Lübke, the former mayor of Kassel (Hessen) was found shot dead in his garden yesterday. In 2015 he told Germans that if they didn't agree with Merkel opening the country to immigrants, they were welcome to leave. He received numerous death threats at the time.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#39 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:03 am

Don't listen to what people say, but watch what they do.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by OFSO » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:27 am

As my former Italian friends in a certain charitable organisation would have said, "so perish all traitors."