Chaos in Germany

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Germany

#261 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:50 am

German sanction is not to buy gas from Russia. Anyone asked the citizens of Germany if they are happy not to cook or heat their homes? Thought not.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#262 Post by John Hill » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:47 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:33 am
Bob wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:50 pm
OFSO wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:52 am
Tesla has missed an EU grant of €1.1 billion for its new battery factory near Berlin due to German bureaucratic delays.
Bet there would not have been delays if VW had been building the factory.
Nor should it be otherwise, protect your industry, I'm sure you don't want to be **** over by Americans again

Oddly, it was Nazi-loving Americans who set up Volkswagen and taught them how to mass produce cars. Henry Ford was awarded Nazi Germany's highest medal for his help towards building the Third Reich's car industry. After the war, GM successfully sued the US government to compensate for the damage caused to their factories in Nazi Germany by American bombers.
Yeabut Henry Ford had built the company in Russia that built the trucks Stalin needed to kick those Nazis all the way back home to Gertrud-Kolmar-Straße 14.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#263 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:06 am

John Hill wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:47 am
Undried Plum wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:33 am
Bob wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Nor should it be otherwise, protect your industry, I'm sure you don't want to be **** over by Americans again

Oddly, it was Nazi-loving Americans who set up Volkswagen and taught them how to mass produce cars. Henry Ford was awarded Nazi Germany's highest medal for his help towards building the Third Reich's car industry. After the war, GM successfully sued the US government to compensate for the damage caused to their factories in Nazi Germany by American bombers.
Yeabut Henry Ford had built the company in Russia that built the trucks Stalin needed to kick those Nazis all the way back home to Gertrud-Kolmar-Straße 14.
The basic design for the Volkswagen was stolen from a Jewish German automotive engineer, Josef Ganz.

Josef Ganz

The poor fellow ended his days in Australia.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#264 Post by John Hill » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:17 am

Don't confuse Josef Ganz with the Russian GAZ truck and car maker.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#265 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:38 am

John Hill wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:17 am
I am not.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#266 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:05 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:38 am
John Hill wrote:
I am not.
I was delighted to find that what had been the German subsidiary of Coke invented Fanta "Orange" (vegetable detritus originally)...
During the Second World War, the US established a trade embargo against Nazi Germany, making the export of Coca-Cola syrup difficult.[2] To circumvent this, Max Keith, the head of Coca-Cola Deutschland (Coca-Cola GmbH), decided to create a new product for the German market, using only ingredients available in Germany at the time, including beet sugar, whey, and apple pomace—the "leftovers of leftovers", as Keith later recalled. The name was the result of a brainstorming session, which started with Keith's exhorting his team to "use their imagination" (Fantasie in German), to which one of his salesmen, Joe Knipp, retorted "Fanta!". The German plant was cut off from Coca-Cola headquarters following America's entry into the war following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. After the war, The Coca-Cola Company regained control of the plant, formula, and the trademarks to the new Fanta product—as well as the plant profits made during the war. In 1943 alone, 3 million cases of Fanta were sold in Germany. Many bottles were not consumed as a beverage but used as a cooking ingredient to add sweetness and flavor to soups and stews, as sugar was severely rationed
Coca-Cola Deutschland

Dental caries from the chaos of German war!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#267 Post by John Hill » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:31 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
John Hill wrote:
I am not.
GG, that was not aimed at you specifically.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#268 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:33 pm

John Hill wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:31 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
John Hill wrote:
I am not.
GG, that was not aimed you specifically.
Am I paranoid? Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean to say that THEY aren't out to get me! ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#269 Post by John Hill » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:21 am

Mr Goblin, next time you get in to a Gaz taxi just make sure it is not a VW!

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#270 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:25 am

John Hill wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:21 am
Mr Goblin, next time you get in to a Gaz taxi just make sure it is not a VW!

Gives a whole new meaning to "put your foot on the Gaz!" =))

Great photo by the way. Did you take it?

I did note the VW Kombi in the background. I learned to drive in one of those. A complete heap, nicknamed Uriah... :-bd
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#271 Post by John Hill » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:30 am

Not my photo but I may have travelled to work on day in that one.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#272 Post by barkingmad » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:38 am

Oooops ! ! This coming from one of the EU countries which had a very authoritarian mandate for the ‘clotshots’ and which was threatening all sorts of doom and gloom to be inflicted on the reluctant minority;

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/germ ... source=url

In keeping with the advice during this worldwide shitshow, the dictum “follow the money” may now apply more than ever once BigMoney discovers they are about to suffer serious losses as a result of the experimental revolutionary technology still-being-trialled witches’ brews which have been sprayed around indiscriminately in a mass pan(dem)ic.

And the rage of the average citizen when they discover the damage inflicted, despite the cautions and warnings being voiced by a nuisance minority, especially when such damage affects their offspring may make for some very ugly scenes.

But such reservations were being voiced by those incorrectly classed as “anti-vaxxers” and of course were either ignored or lambasted as granny killers and pestilence spreaders etc etc... ~X(

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#273 Post by OFSO » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Just days ago at a press briefing with Scholz in Moscow, Putin heaped praise on Chancellor Scholz’s fellow Social Democrat Gerhard Schröder, the former German chancellor turned lobbyist for Gazprom, saying he was responsible for brokering generous fuel rates. It was one of Schröder’s final acts in office in 2005 to sign the NS2 deal before he was appointed chairman of the company behind it.

On Thursday calls were growing for the government to remove Schröder’s privileges as a former chancellor, including an office and staff, amid reports they cost the taxpayer more than €400,000 (£344,244) a year, on top of his considerable earnings from lobbying for companies including Rosneft and Gazprom. An online petition said a “former chancellor who is financed by autocrats, and makes himself dependent on them, in so doing ridiculing German interests, should no longer be financed by the German taxpayer”. Some politicians called for him to be added to the list of individuals facing sanctions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#274 Post by OFSO » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:30 pm

Omicron or not, things are going to get nasty again in the fall according to the health minister who says Germany’s millions of stubborn anti-vaxxers “bear the responsibility for the fact that we’re not making progress.”

“What would be very dangerous … is if Omicron evolves further and penetrates deeper into the lungs,” Lauterbach warned Thursday in parliament, evoking memories of extreme lockdowns early in the pandemic that were aimed at protecting the health care system.

Experts agree that it could be a bumpy ride over the next year. Omicron’s reduced severity was a “virological lucky shot” but we “cannot bet on this story continuing like that,” said Marco Binder, a virologist and group leader at the German Cancer Research Center.

“The next variant that will pop up sooner or later could be completely different,” Binder said, adding that there was no way to predict whether it would be more or less severe than Omicron.

The fear of lockdowns has seen cautious politicians like Lauterbach gaining an unusual ally — industry. Lobby group BDI on Tuesday cautioned against the relaxation of restrictions on Freedom Day and endorsed a general vaccine mandate as “the most effective precautionary measure” to prevent further coronavirus waves.

In a role reversal, Tino Sorge, health spokesman of the conservative Christian Democrats (CDU) in parliament, a party that is usually a natural partner of industry, pushed back.

“Even in the business community, opinion on mandatory vaccination is very divided,” he said. “Due to scientific and legal issues … the hurdles for a general vaccination requirement are extremely high.”

Such has been the case in neighboring Austria, which suspended its general vaccine mandate earlier this month, citing concerns that Omicron’s mildness made the compulsory measure disproportionate.

What the people want
“As a matter of fact, the majority of Germans are in favor of mandatory vaccination — well over 60 percent,” said Emanuel Richter, professor emeritus of political science at the RWTH Aachen University. “The question remains, of course, whether one is in favor of general or facility-based mandatory vaccination,” he added.

The facility-based compulsory vaccination became law Tuesday when all staff at hospitals and other facilities with vulnerable people had to have proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination.

While Germany’s vaccination coverage of 75 percent is above the EU average there are still about two million unvaccinated people over the age of 60 — the group most at risk of dying if infected. Given the current rates of infection, the chances of a vulnerable unvaccinated older person escaping Omicron are dwindling.

But what may prove too much for lawmakers to overcome with a broader mandate is the problem of enforcement. Even in its watered-down state, it would be hard to implement, particularly in the health care sector where staffing constraints make it impractical.

There is a lack of capacity in local health authorities to monitor and sanction potentially millions of disobedient Germans, Gregor Gysi, a well-known lawmaker from the far left said in parliament on Thursday.

“A law that cannot be enforced must not be passed,” he said.

This article is part of POLITICO

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#275 Post by boing » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:12 pm

Why do I get relieved at the idea of a disobedient German, perhaps there is hope for the country yet.

"Befehl ist Befehl"

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#276 Post by OFSO » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:11 pm

Any country which can take twice as long as planned to refurbish a railway station at three times the original estimate, and pay a firm ten thousand euros per lizard to remove a species that might be frightened by re--routed trains, deserves respect.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#277 Post by Rossian » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:32 pm

Beause it's Sunday and I'm bored, which station do refer to OFSO? I've had a trawl around but I can't find a station that meets the criteria you mention. I have to go out and get some ingredients for the pizza I'm going to create for this evening's meal maybe I'll have an answer by the time I get back.

The Ancient Mariner

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#278 Post by k3k3 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:20 pm

Rossian wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:32 pm
Beause it's Sunday and I'm bored, which station do refer to OFSO? I've had a trawl around but I can't find a station that meets the criteria you mention. I have to go out and get some ingredients for the pizza I'm going to create for this evening's meal maybe I'll have an answer by the time I get back.

The Ancient Mariner
I think he means the Stuttgart 21 project:

https://www.dw.com/en/stuttgart-21-germ ... a-41782621

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#279 Post by OFSO » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:45 pm

Indeed, Stuttgart. Sorry but didn't get back from lunch until nearly six pm (we finished early).

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#280 Post by Rossian » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:06 pm

Ingredients bought, pizza made,pizza enjoyed. Thanks k3k3. OFSO you made me envious, in a warmish climate a long lunch with enough wine to keep one mellow. Sigh. I was 43 when we lived in Italy when I discovered that my body functioned best in a Mediterranean climate, unfortunately I was born in the north of Scotland. Sigh.

The Ancient Mariner