Chaos in Germany

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Germany

#361 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:19 am

His father, who had fought at Stalingrad, was disgusted.
A bit late on parade with this thread but reading your post, part of which copied above, OFSO; Having only just completed reading the Antony Beevor book 'Stalingrad', I am not surprised at the disgust shown by the Gentleman mentioned.

I am surprised that he survived!! Lucky Man indeed!
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#362 Post by OFSO » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:32 am

NURSE IN GERMANY SENDS A MESSAGE TO THE WORLD

"Yesterday, at the hospital, we had a meeting about how the situation here and at the other Munich hospitals is unsustainable. Clinics cannot handle the number of migrant medical emergencies, so they are starting to send everything to the main hospitals.

Many Muslims are refusing treatment by female staff, and we women are now refusing to go among those migrants!

Relations between the staff and migrants are going from bad to worse. Since last weekend, migrants going to the hospitals must be accompanied by police with K-9units.

Many migrants have AIDS, syphilis, open TB, and many exotic diseases that we in Europe do not know how to treat.

If they receive a prescription to the pharmacy, they learn they have to pay cash. This leads to unbelievable outbursts, especially when it is about drugs for the children.

They abandon the children with pharmacy staff with the words: So, cure them here yourselves!

So, the police are not just guarding the clinics and hospitals, but also the large pharmacies.

We ask openly where are all those who welcomed the migrants in front of TV cameras with signs at train stations? Yes, for now, the border has been closed, but a million of them are already here and we will definitely not be able to get rid of them.

Until now, the number of unemployed in Germany was 2.2 million. Now it will be at least 3.5 million. Most of these people are completely unemployable.

Only a small minimum of them have any education. What is more, their women usually do not work at all. I estimate that one in ten is pregnant. Hundreds of thousands of them have brought along infants and little kids under six, many emaciated and very needy.

If this continues and Germany re-opens its borders, I am going home to the Czech Republic. Nobody can keep me here in this situation, not even for double the salary back home. I came to Germany to work, not to Africa or the Middle East!

Even the professor who heads our department told us how sad it makes him to see the cleaning woman, who has cleaned every day for years for 800 euros and then meets crowds of young men in the hallways who just wait with their hands outstretched, wanting everything for free, and when they don't get it they throw a fit.

I really don't need this! But I am afraid that if I return home, at some point it will be the same in the Czech Republic. If the Germans, with their systems, cannot handle this, then, guaranteed, back home will be total chaos.....

You - who have not come in contact with these people have absolutely no idea what kind of badly behaved desperados these people are, and how Muslims act superior to our staff, regarding their religious accommodation.

For now, the local hospital staff have not come down with the diseases these people brought here, but with so many hundreds of patients every day, this is just a question of time.

In a hospital near the Rhine, migrants attacked the staff with knives after they had handed over an 8-month-old on the brink of death, who they'd dragged across half of Europe for three months. The child died two days later, despite having received top care at one of the best pediatric clinics in Germany. The pediatric physician had to undergo surgery and the two nurses are recovering in the ICU. Nobody has been punished.

The local press is forbidden to write about it, so we can only inform you through email. What would have happened to a German if he had stabbed the doctor and nurses with a knife? Or if he had flung his own syphilis-infected urine into a nurses face and so threatened her with infection? At a minimum he would have gone straight to jail and later to court. With these people so far, nothing has happened.

And so I ask: Where are all those greeters and receivers from the train stations? Sitting pretty at home, enjoying their uncomplicated, safe lives. If it were up to me, I would round up all those greeters and bring them here first to our hospitals emergency ward as attendants! Then in to one of the buildings housing the migrants, so they can really look after them there themselves, without armed police and police dogs, who, sadly today, are in every hospital here in Bavaria."

Is this "situation" coming to our country?

"IF YOU DO NOT TAKE AN INTEREST IN THE AFFAIRS OF YOUR GOVERNMENT,
THEN YOU ARE DOOMED TO LIVE UNDER THE RULE OF FOOLS. PLATO

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#363 Post by k3k3 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:21 am

OFSO, can you post a link?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#364 Post by OFSO » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:32 am

No, I was sent it as posted. However I'm testing it's authenticity via German friends. From what I have heard previously it's very near the truth.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#365 Post by k3k3 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:10 am

My son and daughter live in Germany, he is near Aachen and she is in Hamburg. Although they are not Jewish they have both had anti-semitic abuse thrown at them because of their names, Deborah and Daniel, Deborah in particular has had problems as her name is unusual in Germany.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#366 Post by OFSO » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:43 am

German friends of mine living near Aachen, great pillars of their community, helped an Albanian immigrant family resettle there. They taught the (well qualified) father German, he got a very good job; the wife engaged with the local community, the boys got on the football team. They all became respected and popular. However within a year they were told they did not meet the requirements to be accepted in Germany and were to be deported. Despite the backing of the Mayor, the Church, and the local community to let them stay, they were forcibly sent back to Albania. My friend said "that's the last time I help an immigrant family when our own government don't accept good hard-working people we need and just take trash".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#367 Post by OFSO » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:10 pm

COP28: Twenty countries have signed an accord demanding a tripling of world-wide nuclear energy generation. Angela Merkel must by turning in her grave, sorry, armchair.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#368 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:45 pm

They can demand all they like.

There aren't enough nuclear engineers to run what's left, nevermind build triple what there is.
That also means there are none spare to train the new generation of nuclear engineers needed.
Not that that matters, since there are no physics teachers to teach the next generation of new nuclear engineers anyway.
Nor are the school exam courses hard enough to prepare them anyway.
And I and many others have been telling the UK government Department of Education this since 1997, and it has got worse every year since.
Many others would include the President of the Institute of Civil Engineers and the guy who ran the British Nuclear Fuels Limited apprenticeship program, both of whose children I happened to teach.
And the senior managers of the Rolls Royce nuclear program, one of whom is a friend I went to University with.

As for Diversity...do you want those reactors just looking like they will keep the radiation in, and not go bang?

Hinckley Point C was demanded by the government in 2008. It was expected to cost 12 bn quid, produce electricity at 24 quid per MWh, and be in service by now.
Latest estimates is that it will cost 32 bn quid, produce electricity at 92 quid per MWh, and will be in service in 2028.
Sizewell C hasn't even had a spade in the ground yet.

And that's without considering that the energy markets make new nuclear completely economically nonviable.

They can't just wave a magic wand. Stuff like this doesn't happen overnight. They've screwed the entire system and its professionals for 30 years, and now they are going to find themselves in the same boat as an awful lot of other big employers.
Their ex-employees are off doing something else, and any requests to come back are going to get a two word answer, the second of which is also "Off!".

I think the only places with (just) enough nuclear engineers are France, China, and Japan. But I wouldn't trust any except the French - Fukushima, anyone?
Explain to me why we should trust people who, in case of tidal flooding, decide it's a good idea to put essential components of 4 out of 5 emergency systems in the basement.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#369 Post by OFSO » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:49 pm

...or the leader of a land-locked nation tens of hundreds of miles from the sea, closes nuclear generating stations because of the risk of a tsunami, and because of pollution, and then burns cheap brown coal to produce electricity.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#370 Post by Woody » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:52 am

They’ve sorted out global warming in Munich :-o

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#371 Post by Dushan » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:47 pm

Looks like Sweden, too, is in the mids of global warming. Wonder what Greta has to say about this. Is she safe? Did she have to dig herself out?
Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 16.45.22 .png
Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 16.45.22 .png (264.53 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#372 Post by llondel » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:12 am

Dushan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:47 pm
Looks like Sweden, too, is in the mids of global warming. Wonder what Greta has to say about this. Is she safe? Did she have to dig herself out?
I believe the correct term now is "Climate change", which gives more extreme weather events of all sorts, whether it be blistering drought, excess rain or several feet of snow.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#373 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:31 am

"Climate change", which gives more extreme weather events media and political BS of all sorts, whether it be blistering drought attacks on common sense, excess rain numbers of laughably false forecasts, or several feet of snow extension to Pinocchio's nose.

FTFY!

p.s. Name the last thing that politicians were both honest and accurate about....

..anyone?....anyone?....Bueller?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#374 Post by Dushan » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:37 pm

Trudeau: “I don’t give much thought to monetary policy”.

Sadly, both honest and accurate.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#375 Post by OFSO » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:57 pm

German farmers blocking roads with tractors today to protest against reduction of agricultural fuel subsidies.
Germain rail network going on strike this week to protest.....well, to protest.
Last year saw more immigrants arrive than the year before.
All it needs now is a charismatic leader; then light the touch paper and stand well back. (I'm ready if needed. I'd like to rescue the land where I spent a happy quarter century of my life).

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#376 Post by probes » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:05 am

OFSO wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:32 am
And so I ask: Where are all those greeters and receivers from the train stations?
Precisely. It was apalling to see the young men 'fleeing' their home countries, leaving women and children in the refugee camps.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#377 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:16 pm

Germany's last remaining major department store chain has filed for insolvency protection, its third filing in less than four years, after its owner ran into difficulties.

Galeria Karstadt Kaufhof, which currently runs 92 stores and employs more than 15,000 people, said it filed for insolvency at a court in Essen, German news agency dpa reported on Tuesday. The company is seeking a new owner and talks with potential investors are already underway.

The move follows insolvency filings by several companies in the trading and real estate group of Austrian businessman René Benko — including Signal Retail Selection, Galeria Karstadt Kaufhof's owner.

Business bankruptcy in EU surges to highest levels since 2015

Galeria is the result of a merger a few years ago of rivals Karstadt and Kaufhof. It shut around 40 stores and cut some 4,000 jobs after seeking protection during the first lockdown of the coronavirus pandemic in April 2020, and reportedly was granted 680 million euros ($745 million) in state aid.

In October 2022, it again sought protection from creditors, citing a steep rise in energy prices, high inflation and weak consumer spending. In March 2023, it announced plans for another round of store closures. The last 18 stores being closed as part of those plans are shutting their doors this month.

Galeria CEO Olivier van den Bossche said that the old ownership structure was weighing on the company. He said that “the insolvencies of the Signa Group are damaging Galeria massively, hindering ongoing business and seriously limiting future development possibilities as a result of high rents and expensive services.”

Signa had pledged €200 million in several instalments through next year to help restructure Galeria.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#378 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:45 pm

I'm thinking back to my days in Darmstadt. When I arrived in 1968 there was a park in the centre of the city, leading down to the Louisenplatz with the fountains and monument and tram stations. It must have been during the 1980s that the Karstadt department store was granted permission to build an immense structure, half mall and half Karstadt store, over the entire park, wiping it out completely. An underground by pass and underground multi story car park completed the vandalism. And subsequently the Kaufhalle department store was swallowed up by Kaufhaus and both then by Karstadt and now they have all gone bust. One thing is obvious: the park will never return, lost under a sea of concrete.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#379 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:11 pm

..and to think of all the effort the RAF put in, mostly 11/12 September 1944, to enlarge the park in the first place!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... t_1944.jpg

The park is top right. The buildings between the original park and the square were, as can be seen, destroyed in the main raid.

I note some city council offices are contained in the new structure, facing the square.
Is this how the retailers got permission, by building city council offices at reduced rates/as a freebie?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#380 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:05 pm

Yes park top right. Buildings between park and square were removed. How many cities would today love a central park. In fact I doubt if in today's climate - in every sense of the word - the park would have been built over.

Incidentally in that raid the heat was so intense that people who jumped into the fountains to cool down were boiled alive, and those who took refuge in cellars died of oxygen starvation.