Boris

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Boris

#1 Post by Wodrick » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Personally glad to see him resign, such a buffoon. He might be, as reputed pretty damm smart but ...........
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Boris

#2 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Wodrick wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 pm
Personally glad to see him resign, such a buffoon. He might be, as reputed pretty damm smart but ...........
+1

The man is a well educated sociopath, buffoon. poltroon, liar and all round bad egg with the atttention span of a gnat with only one interest and that is himself. May should have never employed him and having done so should have fired him yonks ago. Probably the worst Foreign Secretary this country has ever had. Good rid. as they say!

Hopefully his constituents will give him the heave ho after he reneged on his pledge ref. the additional runway at Heathrow in the most cowardly way.

Caco

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by om15 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Yes, there is something not right with Boris, all politicians are devious and self serving, but he just bends with the wind, didn't stick his head above the parapet until Davis resigned and the press were criticising him for not resigning, then he did.
Would have felt differently if he had walked down the gravel drive for a taxi on Friday night, the resignation was calculated to restore his image, nothing more.
The only thing that can be said for Boris is that he isn't such a specimen as Gove.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by BenThere » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Coming from Caco, I consider that an endorsement. Seems like a good man.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:23 pm

BenThere wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:50 pm
Coming from Caco, I consider that an endorsement. Seems like a good man.

Not having Boris in your cabinet is a as big a blow as not having caught a dose of the clap!

You really are a terrible judge of character (and many other thing) BenThere! o:-)

Caco

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by BenThere » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Reference my previous post, I'm liking Boris more and more. Does he have a shot at PM?

I suspect Boris and President Trump would get on famously.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by John Hill » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:36 pm

They might run into each other at the hairdresser.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:39 pm

BenThere wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:31 pm
Reference my previous post, I'm liking Boris more and more. Does he have a shot at PM?

I suspect Boris and President Trump would get on famously.
He had the gall to fancy himself as some latter day Churchillian figure when in fact he is really just an oleoganeous poltroon and now a political busted flush!

Your kind of man then Ben! ;)))

Caco

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by BenThere » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Somehow I don't think he's at the end of his limelight. Could be wrong, but as you know, I hardly ever am.

compo
Capt
Capt

#10 Post by compo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Caco, you seem to have forgotten that Tess of the Disaster was advised by that master strategist, Nick Timothy. The thinking was probably along the lines of better have BJ inside pissing out than outside pissing in. Problem is, Boris the Bent Banana Man just pissed wherever he happened to be.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 pm

The resignation of Boris Johnson as foreign secretary serves as a perfect metaphor for the tragedy and hypocrisy of Brexit. Here is the Old Etonian who placed himself at the helm of the people’s uprising against the establishment, but only after hesitating about which side to join.

He once posed as a liberal, but now positions himself as a populist leader of hard-right nationalists. And he is a former London mayor who said he was in favour of the single market but has quit over the prime minister’s attempt to find a way for British companies to trade with Europe. But then Johnson only ever cared about one thing: himself. He is a self-serving charlatan with nothing but ambition coursing through his veins. Bear in mind this man, who claims such passion for his nation, has quit as foreign secretary in the wake of a nerve agent attack that killed a British citizen and days before a summit on Nato that could threaten the security of our continent. But, in truth, ever since his appointment it has been a national embarrassment that this blustering buffoon was presented as our face to the planet, especially in such turbulent times.

Curiously, in the hours after Theresa May’s attempt to stitch together a cabinet compromise on the customs union last week, a “friend” of Johnson was quoted saying he would not resign since the only beneficiaries would be Michel Barnier, Europe’s chief Brexit negotiator, and Angela Merkel, the German chancellor. Then he saw David Davis depart as Brexit secretary and his leadership hopes dissolve on the Tory right. So he seems to have suddenly discovered his supposed principles and walked out to fuel the political crisis.

Ever since Johnson's appointment it has been a national embarrassment that this buffoon was our face to the planet.

David Cameron did the country a huge disservice if, as rumoured, he persuaded Johnson not to resign last week before the crunch cabinet meeting at Chequers. Johnson has been a disruptive force for months, sabotaging efforts to find a common path through the Brexit maze. When terrorists attacked London last September, with casualties on a tube train and a bomber on the loose, his only thought was to grab headlines by staking out his leadership pitch with the publication of a risible manifesto for a hard Brexit. No wonder Jimmy Mulville, the producer of Have I Got News For You, has told me of his guilt at helping this chancer rebrand himself by hosting the show.

Do not be fooled by Johnson’s gags and classical quips, which only mask a calculating desperation for the top job. To appreciate the selfish cynicism of these people and their contempt for the electorate, witness the response by Steve Baker, another departing Brexiteer minister, when asked why Vote Leave did not warn people about the difficulties of departure. “In the course of a campaign people must select the argument that they think will win,” he responded.

No wonder there is such corrosive distrust of Westminster, which ironically fuelled that wretched referendum result. Remember the bus, the claim of Brexit dividends, the talk of a Turkish migrant invasion. Liam Fox, tipped to move in the musical chairs going on around the cabinet table, even argued that a free trade deal with Europe “should be one of the easiest in human history”. The reality is these people sold a pup, had no expectation of winning and now their dreams are being dashed on the brutal rocks of reality. Instead of taking back control, Britain has been left poorer and weaker, and will end up lacking sway over key rules impacting on our prosperity.

History will judge the Tories harshly over these events for, despite the pathetic behaviour of Labour’s leadership, they own this debacle. At a time of immense global uncertainty, Cameron held a needless referendum to paper over party cracks, then bungled the campaign. His successor, so painfully out of her depth, rushed article 50 and botched a general election. Even now, just months before departure, they fight among themselves and jostle for jobs while having no idea how to achieve Brexit. The likes of Johnson and Nigel Farage behave like arsonists running away from a fire, then claiming they are the best people to put out the blaze.

The idea of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as party leader and prime minister is a bad joke. Yet again, he has exposed himself as a man lacking principles who will sacrifice anything from his party to his country on the altar of his ambition. Far worse, his latest betrayal highlights the torture of the Tories, riven with division and devoid of a workable exit strategy from Europe. But as Johnson once said: “There are no disasters, only opportunities,” before adding: “And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters.”

• Ian Birrell is a former speechwriter for David Cameron
Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 pm

compo wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 pm
Caco, you seem to have forgotten that Tess of the Disaster was advised by that master strategist, Nick Timothy. The thinking was probably along the lines of better have BJ inside pissing out than outside pissing in. Problem is, Boris the Bent Banana Man just pissed wherever he happened to be.

That's true Compo. He couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. ;)))

Caco

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 am

Boris has even been copying Churchill's walk lately. An utter fraud right to his center, I too hope Boris becomes a mere grease-stain on the pages of history.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:26 am

Pity the Daily Wail won't have the chance to have a memorable front page - him and you- know-who together, then we could all have had a laugh.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by om15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:04 am

Some further quotes from our former Foreign Secretary

-On Tony Blair’s visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo ‘No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.’

-On the Commonwealth ‘It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies.’ – The Telegraph, 2002 (‘Piccaninnies’ is what he calls black people.)

-On colonialism ‘The continent (Africa) may be a blot, but it is not a blot upon our conscience. The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge anymore.’ – The Spectator, 2002 And…

-‘Left to their own devices, the natives would rely on nothing but the instant carbohydrate gratification of the plantain.’ – The Spectator, 2002

-While in Uganda ‘Right, let’s go and look at some more piccaninnies.’ – Reported speaking to Swedish Unicef workers and their black driver during a trip to Uganda in 2003

-On Islam ‘The most viciously sectarian of all religions in its heartlessness towards unbelievers.’ – The Spectator, 2005

-On Papua New Guinea ‘For 10 years we in the Tory Party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing, and so it is with a happy amazement that we watch as the madness engulfs the Labour Party.’ – The Telegraph, 2006. (He was forced to apologise afterwards.)

-On, erm, ‘ethnics’ ‘I’m down with the ethnics. You can’t out-ethnic me, Nihal – my children are a quarter Indian, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.’
Speaking to Nihal Arthanayake on BBC Asian Network in 2008

-On Hillary Clinton, likely the next US president ‘She’s got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital.’ – The Telegraph, 2008

On the President of the United States Boris accused Barack Obama of having an ‘ancestral dislike of the British empire’ because he’s ‘part-Kenyan’ in a Telegraph column in April, 2016.

On the President of Turkey
‘There was a young fellow from Ankara, Who was a terrific wankerer,
Till he sowed his wild oats, With the help of a goat,
But he didn’t even stop to thankera.’ – The Spectator, May 2016

Capetonian

#16 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:32 am

Wonderful, those quotes are worthy of Phil the Greek.
Since politics is a farce anyway, why not go the whole way and have another outspoken buffoon as PM?
He couldn't do worse than Mrs. May.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Reading these quotes reminds me why I like him.

With Boris as PM on this side of the pond, and Trump as POTUS on the other, we'd be more or less guaranteed a good laugh every couple of days!

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by BenThere » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:33 pm

I confess I don't have the nuance of Boris that a Brit would have. He gets little press here in the US. But given that, I see him as a disruptive political figure, along the lines of Churchill, Reagan, and now, President Trump.

My sense is that he's the guy you want at the helm when the chips are down, when hopelessness abounds, and when you need a leader who will proudly stand up. These types of leaders always have flaws, but more important is the fire in the belly aspect of their characters. and their patriotism.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:08 pm

BenThere wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:33 pm
I confess I don't have the nuance of Boris that a Brit would have. He gets little press here in the US. But given that, I see him as a disruptive political figure, along the lines of Churchill, Reagan, and now, President Trump.

My sense is that he's the guy you want at the helm when the chips are down, when hopelessness abounds, and when you need a leader who will proudly stand up. These types of leaders always have flaws, but more important is the fire in the belly aspect of their characters. and their patriotism.
You truly are completely misguided! Johnson is about as much use a chocolate teapot! You are so consistently wrong that you are a kind of anti genius in a way.
BenThere says buy Acme stock. Sell Immediately we will make a fortune..." =))
Get your wetware around this example of his ineptitude,..

http://www.thetower.org/6451-with-his-r ... n-hostage/
On his way out, British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has betrayed yet again the trust of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, a British-Iranian dual citizen currently lingering in an Iranian jail on what can only be described as trumped-up charges.

Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who worked for the Thomson-Reuters Foundation, was detained in April 2016 at an Iranian airport while travelling home to London with her young daughter. Already serving a five-year sentence on spying charges, Zaghari-Ratcliffe was brought before a court in May 2018 accused of spreading propaganda against the Iranian regime.

To this date, Iranian authorities have never disclosed the exact nature of the crimes it alleges the British mother has committed, nor has she been granted legal representation.

Although her family has always insisted that Zaghari-Ratcliff’s stay in Iran was strictly of private nature – and there’s no reason to question them – Johnson, in a statement to parliament in November 2017 caused outrage when he suggested that Zaghari-Ratcliffe had been “teaching people journalism” in Iran.

His reckless remarks were seized by Iranian authorities to proof that the British mother was indeed a threat to the mullah regime. Zaghari-Ratcliffe was brought back into court and accused by a judge of spreading propaganda.
Johnson’s betrayal could cost her an additional five years in jail, or worse.

An embarrassed Johnson was later forced to retract his comments in parliament, stating that “I hope the House will understand with crystal clarity that Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe was there on holiday. She was not there in any professional capacity.”

However, for a man who “apologized for the distress and anguished caused,” Johnson has since proven completely insensitive to Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s plight. Despite her family’s relentless efforts to secure her release, Johnson spectacularly failed, time and again, at putting pressure on Iran’s tyrannical rulers.

The latest, and final, betrayal came with his resignation on Monday. At the time of his departure, Johnson had been in contact with Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s family over the possibility to provide her with diplomatic protection. A decision from the Foreign Office was apparently imminent.

“The resignation came at an unfortunate time for Nazanin,” her family said in a statement. “Since last week the file for the Foreign Secretary’s final decision on providing Nazanin diplomatic protection had been finalised by FCO staff and put on the Foreign Secretary’s desk. We had been hoping for a decision this week. However, the resignation came before this decision was made.”

The family clarified that they had now “been informed that a decision will no longer happen imminently. A period of time will likely be required by the new Foreign Secretary to be fully briefed across his whole portfolio, and then the file will need to be re-submitted after some time with our request again that Nazanin be protected. This new delay is an unfortunate consequence of the resignation.”

In a phone call with her husband on Monday evening, Zaghari-Ratcliffe learned of Johnson’s resignation.

“I can’t believe it – what is going on in that country? I am so worried – worried that the new Foreign Secretary will need to spend months first reading the file, and then wanting to build relations, and then make new visits. And I am left waiting.”

Shame on you, Boris Johnson, shame on you.
The man is a ****, even worse than Trump.

Here is another example of his loyalty, leadership and having the courage of his convictions… NOT!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 71126.html

The man is a shameless charlatan...I could continue giving examples of the fecker's fecklessness all day...

Caco

Slasher

#20 Post by Slasher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Has anyone ever suggested to Borearse Johnson he could use a bloody comb? He always looks like he just crawled out of bed.