Boris

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Smeagol
Capt
Capt

Re: Boris

#81 Post by Smeagol » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:25 am

I suppose the Conservative party is entitled to its' own lunatic, the other mob appears to be completely stacked out with them......and doing its' best to eliminate anyone expressing any electable thoughts. (But that must be a 'Good Thing' -yes?)
We hates Bagginses!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#82 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:40 am

Cape - to me, a VERY STRANGE conclusion. I know nothing of this person, but what drives that?
1) He prefers less plastic pollution
2) He dislikes the Telegraph
3) He dislikes BJ
4) ??

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#83 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:40 am
Cape - to me, a VERY STRANGE conclusion. I know nothing of this person, but what drives that?
1) He prefers less plastic pollution
2) He dislikes the Telegraph
3) He dislikes BJ
4) ??

It is called the Capetonian Pavlov reaction! He can't help himself and given the right stimulus, instead of slavering, he rants in a series of knee kerk generalisations, like some latter day right wing Don Quixote, tilting at the lefty stereotypes, instead of the windmills, in his tortured mind! =))

Caco

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#84 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Boris is great fun. A buffoon, but a fun one.

Capetonian

#85 Post by Capetonian » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:04 pm

I also prefer less plastic pollution.
I like the DT.
I like Boris Johnson.

Apparently the writer of that bilious article is a comedian. Maybe he should stick to his day job.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#86 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:04 pm
I also prefer less plastic pollution.
I like the DT.
I like Boris Johnson.

Apparently the writer of that bilious article is a comedian. Maybe he should stick to his day job.
The only person that appears bilious here is you Capetonian. Is your gout playing you up or something like that?
I like Boris Johnson.
I had never taken you for a fool but now I really do wonder! With insights and perceptions of human value like yours no wonder the UK is in such a mess.

Caco

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#87 Post by OFSO » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Boris Johnson is a self-promoting buffoon, a liar and a cheat, a loathsome spotted reptile, a flaunter of the pink oboe, possessing not the slightest interest in serving his country, and utterly without merit as a politician. He has missed his true vocation, which is under-doorman at the Savoy Hotel, London.

Capetonian

#88 Post by Capetonian » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Some of his personal qualities might not stand up to very close scrutiny, but as a politician he may be what's needed to shake up the establishment and bring in some changes.
He's a very astute intelligent and well educated man.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#89 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Plum - thank you for that film. I enjoyed it. Shame about the editing, though.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#90 Post by ian16th » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Cacophonix wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:03 am
I got live on air on national talk radio (LBC) on Sunday evening in a programme they were doing on leadership challenge issues in the two main parties.
Caco
What really depresses me is the utter and complete absence of a viable candidate to lead any UK political party.
Cynicism improves with age

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#91 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:33 pm
Some of his personal qualities might not stand up to very close scrutiny, but as a politician he may be what's needed to shake up the establishment and bring in some changes.
He's a very astute intelligent and well educated man.

I would suggest that being asute in Johnson's case amounts to his own self interest only. As for being well educated, well yes, no doubt he is.

Anyway, whatever we may think and differ on in these matters I trust you are enjoying yourself wherever you are! ;)))

Caco

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#92 Post by OFSO » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:34 pm

He also, while Mayor, authorised some of the most hideous buildings ever to deface London, and approved buildings overhanging the fair River Thames. He should be strapped at low tide to one of those poles down at Wapping and allowed to drown after rats nibbled away his adulterous dangling participles. And I am sure there are a few more poles free for the present mayor, the consort of the leader of the loyal opposition, the traitorous heir to the throne, and Dave Cameron.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#93 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Would certainly make a Thames river cruise worthwhile, and if you could add the White House Peril too...................

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#94 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:17 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:34 pm
He also, while Mayor, authorised some of the most hideous buildings ever to deface London, and approved buildings overhanging the fair River Thames. He should be strapped at low tide to one of those poles down at Wapping and allowed to drown after rats nibbled away his adulterous dangling participles. And I am sure there are a few more poles free for the present mayor, the consort of the leader of the loyal opposition, the traitorous heir to the throne, and Dave Cameron.

Many a misspent night was had by Caco et al in the Captain Kidd and The Prospect of Whitby watching the ghosts of the long departed rise like wraiths in the the mist from the mud across the Thames where the tide had washed many a green corpse thrice down. I swore I saw Kidd himself but the demon alcohol made it difficult to tell if it was just a mad illusion. I had a flat on the Wapping High Street and was having tremendous fun at the time, too much in fact.

Caco

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#95 Post by Smeagol » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:31 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:23 pm
Boris Johnson is a self-promoting buffoon, a liar and a cheat, a loathsome spotted reptile, a flaunter of the pink oboe, possessing not the slightest interest in serving his country, and utterly without merit as a politician.
This may be true of Boris but it also fits most of the other inhabitants (elected and non-elected) of the Palace of Westminster, there are very few who are not self-promoting, liars, cheats and possess not the slightest interest in serving their country. Goes with the job.

Boris just says things that most of the others are to 'diplomatic' to say. As I said earlier, like Donald in the USA, there are a lot of people who relate to what he says.

The fact that he seems to play hide the sausage with young women who he is not married to may make him unpleasant to some but that is a personal matter and no business of anyone outside his family.
We hates Bagginses!

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#96 Post by Woody » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:41 pm

How many of you believe the last sentence in this quote :ymdevil:
Crowds have packed into a speech by former foreign secretary Boris Johnson at the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham.
Mr Johnson renewed his attack on Theresa May's Brexit plan, describing it as a "cheat" that could lead to a boost for the far-right.
In a wide-ranging speech, he also called for tax cuts and an increase in house-building.
Long queues formed outside the event more than an hour before he began.
He began with a self-deprecating joke about the chancellor's Brexit warnings.
Philip Hammond's prediction that Mr Johnson would never be prime minister, he said, could be "the only Treasury forecast in some time to have a distinct ring of truth".
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#97 Post by Magnus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Ian16th, I think Ruth J would make a splendid Tory leader, but she has made it clear, alas, that she harbours no such ambition. For once, I believe a politician.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#98 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 pm

And gets paid £2,291 an hour writing for the Daily Telegraph. And uses his column to publicise, er, himself.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#99 Post by BenThere » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:05 am

I had never taken you for a fool but now I really do wonder!

He's taken me for a fool a number of times, Capetonian. Keep working on it and join our proud circle. If Caco formally proclaims you a fool we will accept you by acclamation. To be labeled a fool by a fool is double plus good.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#100 Post by Woody » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Another Grand Plan from Boris reaches a successful conclusion ~X(
Three water cannon bought and refurbished for more than £320,000 while Boris Johnson was London Mayor have been sold for £11,000.
The vehicles were bought by Mr Johnson as crowd-control weapons following the 2011 riots.
They were sold for £11,025 to Nottinghamshire-based Reclamations (Ollerton) Ltd who will dismantle them and export the parts.
Current Mayor Sadiq Khan said "we have managed to finally get rid of them".
The vehicles were bought by Mr Johnson from Germany in 2014 - before their use had been licensed on the UK mainland.
Then-Home Secretary Theresa May banned their use in riot situations in 2015, and later used the purchase to ridicule Mr Johnson in the Tory leadership race after David Cameron resigned.
When all else fails, read the instructions.