Mutti Merkel in peril

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

Re: Mutti Merkel in peril

#41 Post by Jetex Jim » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:32 pm

I've been struggling to identify the condition that describes some of the guys posting on here. At the start of the week I'd almost settled on paranoid but over the last 24 hours or so I've changed it to deluded.
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#42 Post by Jetex Jim » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:26 pm
I can't help thinking the same thing. Chukup of course never made spelling and grammatical mistakes, he was an absolute pedant, but maybe JJ is him in disguise, and trying a little too hard to introduce a few errors.
And when you were unable to come up with an on-topic response did you nitpick Chukup's grammar as well?
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:22 pm

To be fair almost three years down the line the situation is closer to what Chucks was describing rather what we believed what it would be.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by BenThere » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:41 am

My take on it is that if you are Western European and not a little paranoid it is you who is deluded, Jetex Jim.

Virtually all the warnings we who opposed Merkel's, the UK's, Macron's, Sweden's, and others' opening of their nations and welfare systems to unchecked immigration from hostile populations of Muslims, mostly military-aged males, lying about their age, background, origins and status as refugees, have materialized and continue to do so. Western Europe is in a mess because of this. The leadership of the EU, led by Merkel, plunged headlong into this debacle, heedless to the obvious consequences. The only resistance came from Eastern European states whose citizens were experienced in perceiving government shams.

I remember the righteous demonstrators declaring their welcome to all the migrants. How long will all those who demonstrated their welcoming sentiments hold on to them? Now the enlightened culture of Western Europe is threatened. I read incredulously about new EU doctrine that dictates Islam cannot be insulted. Is there any such protection for any other religious element of society?

This will not end well.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#45 Post by Jetex Jim » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:24 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:41 am
My take on it is that if you are Western European and not a little paranoid it is you who is deluded, Jetex Jim.

Virtually all the warnings we who opposed Merkel's, the UK's, Macron's, Sweden's, and others' opening of their nations and welfare systems to unchecked immigration from hostile populations of Muslims, mostly military-aged males, lying about their age, background, origins and status as refugees, have materialized and continue to do so. Western Europe is in a mess because of this. The leadership of the EU, led by Merkel, plunged headlong into this debacle, heedless to the obvious consequences. The only resistance came from Eastern European states whose citizens were experienced in perceiving government shams.

I remember the righteous demonstrators declaring their welcome to all the migrants. How long will all those who demonstrated their welcoming sentiments hold on to them? Now the enlightened culture of Western Europe is threatened. I read incredulously about new EU doctrine that dictates Islam cannot be insulted. Is there any such protection for any other religious element of society?

This will not end well.
Gosh, BenThere it's damned decent of you to share what you know about Western Europe with us locals. I'm sure your vantage point in Michigan offers a perspective that those of us in Western Europe lack. Perhaps I can politely offer you one suggestion, it doesn't do to believe all you read in the Lügenpresse.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by BenThere » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 pm

But I've spent several years in Europe, over a yea, each, r in both England and Germany, two years in France, a year in Italy, and a year in Spain. I'm not so ignorant as your apparent prejudice has guided you to believe. Further, one need not be present in Europe to read European accounts of the predicament. The world-wide web gives all of us access to pertinent news, commentary, and assessment.

Maybe it's you who needs to take a broader view to ascertain what's what. Do you limit yourself to certain sources from strictly Western European news reports?

Finally, do you agree that the diversity millions of Muslim immigrants have brought Western Europe has made it a better place? Do you feel any obligation to protect European Jews from Islamic hatred? And what about the mass rapes? Do you really believe all is good in Western Europe? Do you think you have crafted a better world for your children?

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#47 Post by Jetex Jim » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:32 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 pm
But I've spent several years in Europe, over a yea, each, r in both England and Germany, two years in France, a year in Italy, and a year in Spain. I'm not so ignorant as your apparent prejudice has guided you to believe. Further, one need not be present in Europe to read European accounts of the predicament. The world-wide web gives all of us access to pertinent news, commentary, and assessment.

Maybe it's you who needs to take a broader view to ascertain what's what. Do you limit yourself to certain sources from strictly Western European news reports?
I'm not dependent on media sources, in case you missed it I live here and I travel and work extensively in Europe.
BenThere wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 pm
Finally, do you agree that the diversity millions of Muslim immigrants have brought Western Europe has made it a better place? Do you feel any obligation to protect European Jews from Islamic hatred? And what about the mass rapes? Do you really believe all is good in Western Europe? Do you think you have crafted a better world for your children?
As I've said before Muslims from, for example Turkey and Pakistan, have been part of the population mix in the UK and Germany since the 1950's and they've been integrated successfully. There's no actual evidence that the latest tranch of migrants can't also be integrated. And yes I do believe all is well in Western Europe.

And I don't feel under obligation to answer hypothetical questions.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by BenThere » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:50 pm

And I don't feel under obligation to answer hypothetical questions.
I agree, and while I don't believe I posed a hypothetical question to you, I have no quibble with your statement.

I disagree that all is well in Western Europe, however. Perhaps the term, "well" is subjective.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by OFSO » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Yes, the Turks certainly integrated well in Hamburg as they're running all the brothels there (or so I am told), and the Pakistanis have set new standards in the UK with their mass sexual abuse of young girls.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#50 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:39 am

OFSO wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:13 pm
Yes, the Turks certainly integrated well in Hamburg as they're running all the brothels there (or so I am told), and the Pakistanis have set new standards in the UK with their mass sexual abuse of young girls.
Given the lack of supporting references here I'm surprised you are not claiming that the Turks run ALL the German brothels. (You do know that every medium sized German town has them?)

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#51 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Someone who got a name check on here a few weeks ago is in the news again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... rkel-rival
Horst Seehofer, a longtime bitter rival of Angela Merkel, has confirmed he will step down as leader of the Bavarian Christian Social Union (CSU) in the latest high-profile resignation to shake German politics.

The move leaves both of Germany’s traditional conservative camps simultaneously searching for new leadership. It comes a fortnight after Merkel heralded a new era in German politics when she said she would not seek re-election as the head of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU).

Confirming days of speculation in the German media, Seehofer told a press conference on Monday: “I will resign from the post of party chairman of the CSU – this decision is definite.” The right-leaning Bavarian politician said he was stepping aside to “enable the renewal of my party”.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by OFSO » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:38 pm

170 police raided the Frankfurt a. Main premises of the Deutsche bank today, siezing documents related to money laundering of criminal activities. Seems a rather large amount of what used to be called Deutschmarks has found its way to the Deutsche Bank, Virgin Islands, Ltd.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by Woody » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:10 am

Can’t they afford to maintain their own aircraft properly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46394989
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Capetonian

#54 Post by Capetonian » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 am

"Like all German governmental aircraft, the Konrad Adenauer is maintained by the Luftwaffe."

Und schtill it is saying LUFTWAFFE on ze paint.

The a/c is 19 years old, s/n 274. Excellent type, one of my favourites to fly on.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:36 am

Although there is a standby government plane for long-haul flights, no crew was available to fly it, German media report. Organising an alternative route proved a headache for the German government, as Mrs Merkel's entourage had to include several security officials.
I thought the Germans were renowned for their organisation and efficiency?
The chancellor and a smaller delegation including the finance minister travelled to Madrid on an air force plane on Friday morning before leaving for Argentina on an Iberia plane, a spokesman said. Mrs Merkel's husband was among those on the initial flight who remained in Germany.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by OFSO » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 pm

No better nor worse for efficiency than the British IMHE. Always think of the mechanical fuse episode, though.

Slasher

#57 Post by Slasher » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:40 pm

Mrs Merkel's husband...
Someone bonks her? That's on par with a Mr Diane Abbott! :ymsick:

Capetonian

#58 Post by Capetonian » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:41 pm

I have to say the same thought went through my mind - and put me off my breakfast!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by OFSO » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:03 am

At least we could pronounce Merkel's name. Her successor as head of the CDU has an utterly incomprehensible name. Even Germans refer to her by her initials, AKK. Wait until Trump has to deal with her when she becomes Chancellor. It will probably come out as AK-47.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by om15 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 am

I caught a few minutes of Miss AKKK giving a lecture on how it's going to be. The German language at high volume does tend to be rather overwhelming, and her lively description of the way forward, powerful euro, hard borders, European army, German dominance in Europe strongly reminded me of the late Fuhrer in the 1930s.
I suspect Ms AKKK with her cropped hair and firm opinions will be even worse than Mrs Merkel and we do right to leave.