The Strap

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Strap

#41 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 am

In today's schools teachers powers of punishment are much reduced.

My daughter, a trainee teacher, was faced with a 12 year old standing in his desk. He wanted to challenge in a "get down - shan't" argument . She said, as she passed, "I don't care" and carried on. He got down deflated.

I guess, had he fallen, she would have been disciplined for not making him get down.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 am

In today's schools teachers powers of punishment are much reduced.

My daughter, a trainee teacher, was faced with a 12 year old standing in his desk. He wanted to challenge in a "get down - shan't" argument . She said, as she passed, "I don't care" and carried on. He got down deflated.

I guess, had he fallen, she would have been disciplined for not making him get down.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by 1DC » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:51 pm

When i was young we had a mantlepiece over the fireplace with a long, highly polished ,brass rod under it. on the end hung a large belt. This was the persuader to be good, in my part of the world a belting meant you had been naughty and were given a good hiding, the persuader served its purpose and i never got it until the day i came home from school and complained to my Mother that i had been given the cane. When my Father came home from work Mother told him i had been given the cane at school. Father then gave me the belt as a punishment for being caned. Never got it again but on the other hand i never told my Mother the next time i got the cane..