Chaos in Spain

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Spain

#321 Post by barkingmad » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:11 am

OFSO, I’d like to let you know that we’re thinking of you both, as 1984 takes hold in Espana before morphing and spreading, like a virus, throughout the rest of the EUSSR and the West in general;

Coronavirus: Spain to keep registry of those who refuse Covid vaccine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55471282

Your comment re: “But not always. Spanish legal authorities investigating fascism in the Spanish Army. Raised arm closed fist salutes, toasts to Fascist leaders alive and dead, lists of opponents to be assassinated (I assume Catalan leaders, perverts and immigrants)“ will seem especially prescient?

Let us hope their data security is better than most large Corps and guvvments in the 21st Century... [-X

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#322 Post by OFSO » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:38 pm

Like 80% of the occupants of this Urbanisation we are here on a temporary basis. Not using public health (i.e. paying privately for doctor and dentist and clinic) and not using schools, (but paying all other taxes such as road tax to local community), we are off the books so won't be on or off any registry. Off the books as much as when I was working and carried a 'Sonderausweis'. In this weird world, we expect our German doctor will obtain supplies of the vaccine, from his German connections and inject it into his private patients at immense cost. I suspect the only side effect is that two weeks later we'll up and march into Austria singing the Horst Wessel Lied. . ..

Comment from the health professional with whom we had lunch today: getting on for half the residents of old folks homes in Catalunia are refusing the vaccination....

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#323 Post by ian16th » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:48 pm

OFSO wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:38 pm
Comment from the health professional with whom we had lunch today: getting on for half the residents of old folks homes in Catalunia are refusing the vaccination....
The response is simple; use the military approach.

If you refuse an inoculation, and catch the disease, it is considered a 'Self Inflicted Injury'.
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#324 Post by OFSO » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Oh, we'd take the Covid-19 vaccination, no worries. Following shingles, influenza and pneumonia injections this year, all had no side effects at all. Plus Mme's B12 and Mystery Brew Spritz from the doctor.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#325 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:41 pm

I had that trio. Just a sore arm for a few days after shingles vac.
Forecast to get Covid vac probably by end of February. :-?
There has been a cock-up with getting the stuff into arms. :-o
20 million doses shipped. 2 million administered. [-X
At that rate they predict 10 years to complete the job. ~X(
Why am I not surprised? :-??

PP

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#326 Post by OFSO » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:48 pm

I understand Austrian Stroh 100% Rum offers compete protection against Covid. Or if you get the virus, you don't notice.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#327 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:55 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:41 pm
I had that trio. Just a sore arm for a few days after shingles vac.
Forecast to get Covid vac probably by end of February. :-?
There has been a cock-up with getting the stuff into arms. :-o
20 million doses shipped. 2 million administered.
At that rate they predict 10 years to complete the job.
Why am I not surprised? :-??

PP
The Germans will get the vaccines to the folks that need them far faster than the Americans or the British. "Die Deutschen" are far less full of "we are extraordinary" pish when it comes to logistics and getting things done!

That said, don't you go and catch this lurgy man... You are much loved here, or at least by this Saffer... ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#328 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:30 pm

TGG:
On that subject, I had a very disturbing encounter in not 1 but 2 stores. involving the same person.
I was browsing in a store when a guy came around the corner of the shelving and I was literally nose to nose with a Gasp, unmasked person. He was a scruffy-looking thirty- something, no mask, not even under the chin, around the neck, or hanging off an ear.
Strict mask mandates are municipal laws, not state mandate (unfortunately) and all businesses are required the use of masks as a condition of entry.
This guy stopped in front of me and just stood there, as I was blocking his way. I lost it. I told him to get his unmasked face out of my space and get his ass out of the store if he couldn't comply with the rules. He just scoffed at me and told me off.
I was pissed. X( More surprising, an older woman, 70's told me that I was the one out of line saying"It's a free country". Funnily, she was wearing a mask.
I paid for my purchases and went to another store. After a few minutes who should walk in, but this guy and his unmasked girlfriend. He walked by me and pointed me out to her. I told him to "**** off!" His response was "If Covid was real an old fart like me should already be dead.
I didn't engage him any further, I simply went to the nearest employee and asked about their mask policy. Response:"If they don't comply, we throw them out. "Go for it", I said. She got her manager and did! :YMAPPLAUSE:
I'm normally pretty easygoing, but on this occasion it really set me off. :-o
After the first heated encounter I was somewhat surprised that he hadn't taken a swing at me or some other physical act.
Ironically, another shop that I went into later, had screen grabs from their security cameras of everyone that they had kicked out and banned for not wearing masks.

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#329 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:44 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:30 pm
TGG:
On that subject, I had a very disturbing encounter in not 1 but 2 stores. involving the same person.
I was browsing in a store when a guy came around the corner of the shelving and I was literally nose to nose with a Gasp, unmasked person. He was a scruffy-looking thirty- something, no mask, not even under the chin, around the neck, or hanging off an ear.
Strict mask mandates are municipal laws, not state mandate (unfortunately) and all businesses are required the use of masks as a condition of entry.
This guy stopped in front of me and just stood there, as I was blocking his way. I lost it. I told him to get his unmasked face out of my space and get his ass out of the store if he couldn't comply with the rules. He just scoffed at me and told me off.
I was pissed. X( More surprising, an older woman, 70's told me that I was the one out of line saying"It's a free country". Funnily, she was wearing a mask.
I paid for my purchases and went to another store. After a few minutes who should walk in, but this guy and his unmasked girlfriend. He walked by me and pointed me out to her. I told him to "*f*ck* off!" His response was "If Covid was real an old fart like me should already be dead.
I didn't engage him any further, I simply went to the nearest employee and asked about their mask policy. Response:"If they don't comply, we throw them out. "Go for it", I said. She got her manager and did! :YMAPPLAUSE:
I'm normally pretty easygoing, but on this occasion it really set me off. :-o
After the first heated encounter I was somewhat surprised that he hadn't taken a swing at me or some other physical act.
Ironically, another shop that I went into later, had screen grabs from their security cameras of everyone that they had kicked out and banned for not wearing masks.

PP
We need discipline, while keeping our sense of humour in winning this one. It is frustrating and needs us all to be sensible without becoming mindless or losing our sense of responsibility (rights and duties) and yet maintaining our understanding and our individuality.

Your opinion chimes with me man. You are quite clearly a decent man! With respect... ^:)^
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#330 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:38 pm

PP, had that encounter occurred in South London you’d likely have been stabbed or shot or both, simply for your efforts at civil enforcement.

And if it was a BAME whom you challenged, they’d probably have played the race card and UK Plod would have felt your collar, were you still alive. ~X(

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#331 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:42 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:38 pm
PP, had that encounter occurred in South London you’d likely have been stabbed or shot or both, simply for your efforts at civil enforcement.

And if it was a BAME whom you challenged, they’d probably have played the race card and UK Plod would have felt your collar, were you still alive. ~X(
You are a frightened little man aren't you? Your lily white skin dribbling with the sweat of prejudice and fear...

Sad people...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#332 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:50 pm

TGG, has drink been taken? You’re turning acidic again as the evening progresses.

Lie down in a dark room with a cold compress and the angst should slowly shrink and shrivel so’s you can become a nice person once again?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#333 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:13 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:50 pm
TGG, has drink been taken? You’re turning acidic again as the evening progresses.

Lie down in a dark room with a cold compress and the angst should slowly shrink and shrivel so’s you can become a nice person once again?
You are right of course, and I am reverting to a dark space... I ain't that bad and you know it.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#334 Post by Woody » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:38 pm

barkingmad wrote:

How many years have you been living in South London?
When all else fails, read the instructions.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#335 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:42 pm

Woody wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:38 pm
barkingmad wrote:

How many years have you been living in South London?
He has probably never been there, whereas I moved there straight out of the SADF in 1984... not lying. I have some amusing Brixton stories, some painful... I learned a lot, and became a more thoughtful man as a result...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#336 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:15 am

Woody asked me:”How many years have you been living in South London?”

It was only a few months during 1969 in ‘digs’, with a Polish landlady who served up red cabbage for virtually every meal and a bathroom with one of those Ascot killer gas water heaters where the delivery spout for the dribble of hot water could pivot between the wash hand basin or fill the bath after an inordinately long wait.

My most recent Sarf London residence is my centrally-heated dogkennel adjacent to LGW from where I could walk to/from Concorde House when working for one of those British airlines who go bust but continue to operate in the EUSSR.

Re the face nappy confrontation I still think such an event in (Sarf) London is still likely to result in a potentially lethal confrontation with some of the feral bipeds who inhabit that region and who carry knives and/or pistols as a matter of routine.

And that is despite the controversial stop&search policy implemented by the Met Plod,much to the angst of the BAME community, who are busy stabbing and shooting each other on an almost daily basis until the Covid-1984 restrictions knocked the death and injury stats downwards.

But alas, that aspect of Black Lives Mattering fails to arouse any interest in that organisation.

Now where were we, oh yes, somewhere in Spain I think... Or was it the USA....?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#337 Post by OFSO » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 pm

Islington was very safe all this year. Unless you were a black youth, or a gang member, or a black gang member. Indeed, I have literally seen pavements (corner of Downham Rd, Islington) running with blood, shining in the morning sun. But I, being an old white geezer, never felt unsafe, and I walked every night around housing estates. It was back in Spain that I was robbed....

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#338 Post by ian16th » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:19 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 pm
Islington was very safe all this year. Unless you were a black youth, or a gang member, or a black gang member. Indeed, I have literally seen pavements (corner of Downham Rd, Islington) running with blood, shining in the morning sun. But I, being an old white geezer, never felt unsafe, and I walked every night around housing estates. It was back in Spain that I was robbed....
When I lived in Kilburn NW6, it was pronounced 'County Kill-Burn' and I felt safe at any hour!
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#339 Post by OFSO » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:54 pm

It was pointed out to me today that whereas Spanish and Catalan citizens are currently subjected to lockdown to their county boundries, the French who are pouring down over the border in search of better food at half the price in their own country, are not subject to restrictions and can thus roam unashamedly over Spain spraying Covid and heaven know what else from cracks and orifices in their hairy and unwashed bodies...

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#340 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:01 pm

Long live the EU and open borders, eh?