Grenfell Tower bonfire

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Grenfell Tower bonfire

#21 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:19 pm

Where does mindless acts like the one under discussion here stray into possible acts of violence against those judged to have been 'residents'?
Would the miscreants associate the residents with a particular race or religion?
If nothing else, these miscreants are now on the Police's radar - just in case they thought to escalate their 'hate' into a crime.

I agree that they probably didn't actually break any laws, but are the Police justified in rounding up rowdy youngsters and showing that further misbehaviour will not be tolerated? - or should they do nothing until crimes are committed?

Capetonian

#22 Post by Capetonian » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 pm

I suppose I also failed to answer the original question.

The duty of the police is to uphold and enforce the law. If no law has been broken then I reluctantly accept that maybe the police don't need to be involved, but to my mind this would be a public order offence. I am not generally in favour of the exaggerated response to so-called 'hate speech', I find it rather pathetic that people can't be more adult in understanding what really is 'hate speech'. If a (e.g.) black person prangs into my car and I in the heat of the moment call him a '**** n..... or k....' or whatever, it's not hate speech. If I go on a rant about how I hate all black people then it should become actionable.

The real lesson of this is not to use 'social' media.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 pm
The real lesson of this is not to use 'social' media.
But the purpose of life for these people is to go viral on Utube and get 'likes'.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by OFSO » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:16 am

There's a huge apartment tower block on fire in Milano right now.

Debris can be seen falling off the cladding of the via Antonini residential tower in horrifying video footage after the fire was reported to have broken out on the 15th floor.

“We were told that the panels that covered the building were fireproof, instead, they burned quickly like butter,” a resident told local paper Corriere.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:27 pm

The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org