Another top labour politician

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Another top labour politician

#1 Post by om15 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Fresh updates on another London based top labour politician today.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... conviction

The son is still employed and paid by tax payers money.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (27.24 KiB) Viewed 407 times

Capetonian

Re: Another top labour politician

#2 Post by Capetonian » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:49 pm

Ms Osamor was born to Nigerian parents in 1968 and brought up in Haringey
Nothing to add to that really.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Hardly a "top politician".

'Shadow' minister of the ministry of giving free munny away is not the most demanding of jobs, is it?

It's not as if she has to put together a household budget or summink, izzit?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by om15 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:34 pm

None of this is of any surprise of course, nor Mr Corbyn thanking her for her efforts as a Shadow Minister, the venality of politicians is now so accepted that she will no doubt be re-elected as an MP at the next election without anyone raising an eyebrow. Commenting on this is naturally racist, and those of us expecting a higher standard are elitist.

Further details should you be interested,
LABOUR MP Kate Osamor has quit her role to “support her family” after being accused of misleading the public by keeping her son in a £50,000-a-year job despite him being found guilty of drug offences.
Miss Osamor found herself mixed up in three scandals after she made her 29-year-old son Ishmael her senior communications officer and was subsequently accused of nepotism. After defending his whopping £50,000 pay packet, he was found to have drug offences and said she had been unaware of the crime at the time she appointed him communications officer for Labour. Yesterday however, it emerged she had written desperate letters to the judge involved in the case and begged for leniency for her son. Last night she also verbally abused a journalist from The Times, who approached her for a comment.
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said he had accepted her resignation before thanking her for her work as Shadow Secretary of State for International Development.

He added: “I know Kate will take this time to support her family, work for her constituents and support our party's efforts to rebuild Britain from the backbenches.”
Ishmael was found with drugs worth £2,500 at the Bestival music festival in Dorset in 2017

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:47 pm

I suppose he loses his plum job?
How is he going to fund his drugs?

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by ian16th » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:24 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:47 pm
I suppose he loses his plum job?
How is he going to fund his drugs?
Benefits?
Cynicism improves with age

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by om15 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Just in case anyone missed todays latest update on another one of our "minority" lady MPs serving us.

_104872312_hi048655432.jpg
_104872312_hi048655432.jpg (33.19 KiB) Viewed 283 times
An MP has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice by lying to police about who was behind the wheel of a speeding car.
Peterborough MP Fiona Onasanya denied she was driving her car when it was caught doing 41mph in a 30mph zone in Thorney, Cambridgeshire, in July 2017.

The 35-year-old Labour MP was convicted in an Old Bailey retrial.
A Labour Party spokesman said she had been "administratively suspended" and called for her to resign.

He added: "The Labour Party is deeply disappointed in Fiona Onasanya's behaviour. It falls well below what is expected of politicians. She should now resign."
The MP's brother Festus Onasanya, 33, previously pleaded guilty to three counts of perverting the course of justice.

The pair will be sentenced on a date yet to be set.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Ivan Lewis (MP for Bury South) has resigned from the Labour Party, tearing into Jeremy Corbyn over anti-Semitism and accusing him of backing Putin's Russia and a fundamentalist Iran. Don't bother looking at the BBC's News pages cos it doesn't warrant a mention. Someone leaning on the BBC?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by FD2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:28 pm

political.jpg

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Magnus » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm worried that someone thinks a member of the Labour opposition is a top politician.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by om15 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:55 pm

We have previously discussed Sadiq Khan, who as Mayor of London is responsible for the direction of the police, including the increasing problem of London citizens in fear of their lives due to the violence in the capital. The daily fatality rates from stabbings and shootings are now at record levels, with the newspapers running out of space to record these events.

This is interesting,

1 September 2015 Sadiq Khan
“The last few years have shown what can be achieved when there’s a concerted effort to reduce the overuse of stop and search.
“But there’s still much more to be done, and if I’m Mayor I’ll do all in my power to further cut its use. Overuse of stop and search can have a dramatic effect on communities. It undermines public confidence in our police if Londoners are being stopped and searched for no good reason.”
Following yet another inevitable fatal stabbing of a 17 year old girl yesterday, this tweet from Sadiq Khan,
It fills me with anger that violent criminals are targeting young Londoners with their whole lives before them. I encourage anyone with information to contact the police.
Should he be removed from office and replaced with someone who will make an attempt to tackle this problem?

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by BenThere » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:09 pm

He should, but there may not be enough so disposed Londoners left to make that a possibility. Shame one of the world's great cities was surrendered so easily.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:28 pm

It is the inevitable result of the abandonment of meritocracy.
What should have happened is that disadvantaged groups under previous regimes (women, minorities, lower class, etc) should have been given extra help, training, etc to pass the entry standards and courses. What happened is that standards were lowered. Now all those who would have been substandard under the old standards have a vested interest in getting rid of those who met them. Furthermore, the paranoia increases the less able people are, so loyalty becomes the primary factor, and is far more important than competence.
Another cause specific to government is the longstanding efforts within politics to keep the public as ignorant as possible about how the Government is run. None of the parties have the least interest in an informed democracy.
The biggest problem is the collapse of resiliency. Whilst the decreasing numbers of the competent struggle to keep things going, and the old systems which worked are still in place, normal circumstances mean that things can just about still work. However, there are increasing numbers of 'holes in the cheese', and the holes are bigger. When a one-off event or crisis happens, like Brexit, near total collapse ensues, rather than just a big difficulty.

I am addressing the problem at source (according to FD2's t-shirt definition), by removing the ability of the Government to benefit from my wealth creation skills and assets. In the case of the UK, this was achieved by emigrating, and taking my accumulated pension funds with me.