Culture appropriation

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Culture appropriation

#1 Post by BenThere » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:23 pm

I'm a fool for cultural exuberance; I'm sorry. Hope some can see the good in this.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Culture appropriation

#2 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:27 pm

Dude, I want to appropriate Okie humour...

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 pm

A sad, PC story, about this kind of ***** about assimilating other people's cultures, what with me having German, Russian, Irish (dig the alcohol), Norwegian forebears...

Christ, the USA wouldn't be as great (Ben excluded) without cultural appropriation. **** me, they were all fecking each other...

I am going to assimilate the blues again (black men dig) and Okie and Arkies here...

Caco

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by BenThere » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:45 pm

Every culture has a right to their own music, stories, movies, cuisine, etc I'm actually somewhat regretful that US culture imposes itself as aggressively as it does. I agree, we're too sexy for our hat.

The world should find another icon.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:51 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:45 pm
Every culture has a right to their own music, stories, movies, cuisine, etc I'm actually somewhat regretful that US culture imposes itself as aggressively as it does. I agree, we're too sexy for our hat.

The world should find another icon.
But there is **** all wrong with American culture. Personally I love the American dream, as it sums up the Micks, the Spics, the Spades, the Wops, the Wetbacks, the Wasps and all the other ***** as well! Even the Jews man!

I mean it man. It deserves to do well, and I wish it well because at heart it is inclusive. Your Scottish, German knob lover excluded.

By the way, what is your background? You are clearly not native American? ;)))

Caco

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by Stoneboat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:06 am

Cultural appropriation is yet another steaming pile of manure shoveled up by the politically correct.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Boac » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 am

Does liking Curries and Chinese food stereotype me? May I add Mexican, Indonesian, African food to name but a few.....mind you, you can 'stick' Kæstur hákarl :))

I had never heard of 'CA' until today, but now I am seriously concerned and regret not paying more attention to 8/9 October.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by BenThere » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:12 pm

I can see this turning into a youtube thread, where we all extol the music we like. I ask your indulgence for one more vid. I love the classic bluegrass song that is the focus, but I love the technical banjo artistry and general homespun vibe. If you hang around the site after the first Rockytop performance, you get a banjo lesson. It's real red-neck music and everyone can benefit from that. If you struggle with your ligature, you'll marvel at this, I think. Banjo ain't easy. Note also he seldom strays from the low frets.