Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Are the Police fit for purpos

#141 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:20 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:12 pm
Welcome to Stasi-land in 2022;

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/12/pol ... reporting/

I will agree stop giving them attention and the “oxygen of publicity” as it only encourages these twerps to try more outrageous stunts.

I’d say leave them up there on the suspension bridge, traffic lane overhead gantry or wherever until lack of food & water or the desire to piss/dump modestly forces them down into the arms of one (shift-working) cop waiting at ground level to arrest etc.

The sight of one lone protester on a traffic gantry being observed by many plod sez much about the senior cop management handling of such attention seekers.

Yes, they might drop onto unsuspecting motorist and cause chaos and casualties but on UK roads we are frequently warned about debris on the road and presumably proceed at our free will, with caution, having been advised and therefore there should be no legal comeback on the traffic managers if some oik manages to submit to gravity.

They’ll only do it once and please MSM stop showing some ‘tearful’ snowflake self filming their exploits about how terrified they are at the prospect of getting roasted alive by the sun in a few years time, after which they remove the onion which produced the tears in the first place.
I agree that the police should wade in, to give the betogers, i.e., protesters, whatever their cause, a good beating, like those antivax troublemakers in London. Use sjamboks and light buckshot like we used to do in SA.

Ah the sound of sjambok against human flesh, the lifeblood of civilization! Unholy betogers that they are. How dare people protest? It is not the sort of thing a democracy should allow.

Note how weak the modern SA cops are. I am sure that leaky Sue Braverperson, would have something to say about this pansy outfit too!

My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Are the Police fit for purpose

#142 Post by barkingmad » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:34 pm

Nah, Plod should not wade in as that’s why the road is closed, so as to avoid any risk to Constable Savage from the traffic.

Let them remain behind the Armco barriers, like any breakdown folks are advised, until the betogers are safely on the ground and fleeing with full nappies-then grab them.

I believe it’s called efficient utilisation of resources? :))

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#143 Post by TheGreenAnger » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:46 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:34 pm
Nah, Plod should not wade in as that’s why the road is closed, so as to avoid any risk to Constable Savage from the traffic.

Let them remain behind the Armco barriers, like any breakdown folks are advised, until the betogers are safely on the ground and fleeing with full nappies-then grab them.

I believe it’s called efficient utilisation of resources? :))
Perhaps, or perhaps, just maybe, it is called the strategy of a liberal Democracy! ;)))
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#144 Post by barkingmad » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:05 am

TGA sez:-“Perhaps, or perhaps, just maybe, it is called the strategy of a liberal Democracy! ;)))

Perhaps it’s due to yet another case of the UK shooting itself in both feet and the non-shooting arm by allowing critters such as Cur Anthony Bliar to get away scot-free with other crimes against the peasants in addition to Iraq 2003 et al;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Court.html

Perhaps the abolition of this particular ‘operating expense’ might appeal to Jeremy *unt as he casts around looking for public services to cut in order to get us out of the current financial *black* hole but I doubt if it will even be brought to his attention.

* Am I allowed to say that word these days with a negative connotation?! :-o

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#145 Post by barkingmad » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:15 pm

Erewego again, UK Plod manages to make complete *rseholes of themselves again even though some big cheese chief constable has told them to stop mucking around and to do their jobs properly;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rview.html

So once again we know why they're so busy they are unable to release resources to get out and investigate genuine crimes.

Now 'scuse me whilst I toddle off and spend the rest of my shift doing paperwork and trawling the interweb for "non-crime hate offences", evening all!! :O3

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#146 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:49 am

In answer to the OP, NO if this is the sort of character who may be arresting us or our relatives and handling the subsequent administration;

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/police-worke ... 26879.html

26 months and he'll be out and about in 13 months, if he keeps his nose clean, assuming he still has a nose after his time 'inside'... :ymsick:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#147 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:48 pm

More madness from the expensive organisation set up by Sir Robert Peel, too many years ago, to maintain Law & Order in Blighty;

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/police-force ... nse/419917

£66,000 would pay for 22 on-the-beat-plods for 1 year if we use Diane Abbot mathematics, but as this sum was squandered over 3 years we're down to 7.333 plod per annum on that calculation by a senior Labour Party politico, who of course are totally wrapped up in this PC (NPI !) crap.

Didn't we see some of those 0.333 out and about in the early days of the pan(dem)ic hassling innocent hominids having a walk with the dawg in the Peak district or moving on other hominids having a coffee in the park whilst spreading the deadly 'plague'?

As per the NHS, this is another publicly funded organisation which needs a root and branch clearout and any plod who, regardless of rank, mentions the 'rights' of any militant aggressive tiny minority having preference over the rule of law, must be placed in the stocks for a couple of days and be subsequently fired with no compensation and forfeit of pension entitlements. :-?

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#148 Post by tango15 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:07 pm

I may have posted this scenario previously, if so, please allow me to plead guilty but insane...
A few years ago, in Milton Keynes, a company (who were normally in the stage and show business), set up a Christmas extravaganza, with a theme, (eg the 1920s) for Christmas parties. These were well attended by companies such as EasyJet and Mercedes-Benz. The whole thing was done in a series of temporary buildings which were suitably themed. We were responsible for seeing that people who had not paid to enter the extravaganza were not allowed near the premises. One of the colleagues wandered off to the nearby car park and came on the radio to declare that a crowd of didicoys had used bolt cutters to cut the lock on the overhead barrier and there were now 20 caravans in the car park. The supervisor wandered round to take a look and confirmed what had happened. He phoned the police, (he had been given a direct line number), who said that there were only four of them on duty. (This is a Saturday night in Milton Keynes, a town with a population of 250,000 people), and they would not be able to attend.
The didicoys drove around the venue several times and asked if there was any way they could get a few drinks. I told them that it was a private party, and they asked that, if they slipped the guys on the door a few bob, they would be able to get in. I disabused them of that particular notion, whereupon they left.
The following morning they left the car park, rubbish everywhere, as usual.
I just could not believe that a town the size of Milton Keynes would have so few law enforcement officers on duty on a Saturday night and mentioned it to a policeman neighbour. "Problem is," he said, "that so many bobbies want a Saturday night off these days."

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#149 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:19 pm

You need to adjust your beliefs.
Would you even consider being a police officer, or even recommending it to a young family member who expressed an interest?
Neither would I.
Indeed very few would these days.
Which is why there were only 4.
I live in one of the nicest possible places for the police. The last unsolved murder was in 1979. Most criminals in serious cases like hit-and-runs walk into the police station and confess. Nobody locks their doors around here.
Enrolment at the Police Academy has dropped in 4 years from 132 cadets to 34.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#150 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:44 pm

Fox3banana said:-"Enrolment at the Police Academy has dropped in 4 years from 132 cadets to 34."

Maybe the Police Academy are not giving out enough LBGTQIA+-*&%$#€ coloured lanyards, pens and also immunity from disciplinary action should they be caught on CCTV or body cams beating six bells of sh1te out of anyone protesting who is NOT on the 'woke' & 'PC' side.

But it is the chief C*ntstubbles in charge who need a size 10 up their fundaments for letting down their troops on the battlefront whose trials and tribulations are regularly featured in various TV shows such as the Traffic plod and other 'fly-on-the-wall' shows.

However, the infamous Police and Crime Commissioners need to be congratulated on improving the commissioning of crime since they took over in 2012!

The following is a brief response to a UK FOI request about that illustrious branch of peacekeeping;

"We have received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following:

1. What public consultation took place when this new role was being designed by government?
2. Could you please tell me how much is this going to cost the tax-payer to implement nationwide?

We released the following information on: 03 December 2012:
The publication of Policing in the 21st Century: Reconnecting Police and the People marked the start of a public consultation on key features of the government’s reform programme, including directly elected Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs). The consultation ran from July until September 2010.

The government does not expect the running costs and day to day expenditure of PCCs to be any greater than that of existing police authorities, which is currently less than 1 per cent of the total cost of policing. We estimate that the elections will cost up to £75 million. This money has been provided by central government and will not come from funds which would otherwise have gone to police forces."

So that's all right then, and the extra useless eaters plus their staffs, some offices stuffed with their family and friends, are no extra cost* so there's a formula which private enterprises would like to implement?! ~X(

*(beyond £75,000,000 from the taxpayer!)

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#151 Post by tango15 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:38 am

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:19 pm
You need to adjust your beliefs.
Would you even consider being a police officer, or even recommending it to a young family member who expressed an interest?
Neither would I.
Indeed very few would these days.
Which is why there were only 4.
I live in one of the nicest possible places for the police. The last unsolved murder was in 1979. Most criminals in serious cases like hit-and-runs walk into the police station and confess. Nobody locks their doors around here.
Enrolment at the Police Academy has dropped in 4 years from 132 cadets to 34.
I take your point, F3, but on the other side of the coin, I do stewarding at major events, and there always seems to be plenty of them around to watch the football, or F1. Often we are told that the police will not be in attendance, but they seem to turn up anyway!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#152 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:59 am

Part of the same thing. They have 34 cadets a year because there's lots of football (hockey here), and Saturdays off. Without that, there'd be 3 a year!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#153 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:41 pm

The Met - the police force that keeps on giving. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64321188

We are going to be very short of policemen shortly.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#154 Post by Boac » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:18 pm

I wrote:We are going to be very short of policemen shortly.
That's two less https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... 1674141594

Way to go.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#155 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:14 pm

Some good news, for a change
Summerside man arrested for allegedly stealing from vehicles
Jan 23, 2023 | 11:26 AM

A 29 year-old Summerside man was arrested early Monday morning for allegedly stealing from vehicles. At about 3:40 am, an officer patrolling the Cambridge Street area spotted some footprints in the fresh snow that were leading onto multiple properties. The officer followed the footprints to a parked vehicle at a home on Water Street. The suspect was located inside the vehicle and arrested at the scene. Summerside Police say that evidence collected during the investigation indicated that the suspect had entered ten other properties. He’ll be in court March 29th to answer to a total of 11 charges, which include trespassing at night and attempted theft from a vehicle.
Quite pleased to hear that city police were patrolling a quiet residential street at 3:40am in the snow in the first place!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#156 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 07, 2023 7:33 am

From this;

https://www.republicworld.com/world-new ... ntion.html

To this yesterday;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65515769

Maybe some might like to comment, but please apply some self-discipline and stay on-topic?!~X(

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#157 Post by OFSO » Sun May 07, 2023 10:15 am

Bring back the branding iron!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#158 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon May 08, 2023 11:04 am

barkingmad wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:33 am
From this;

https://www.republicworld.com/world-new ... ntion.html

To this yesterday;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65515769

Maybe some might like to comment, but please apply some self-discipline and stay on-topic?!~X(
I can't comment on the first article I will be banned.

I thought that the police did their job, at last, at the Coronation. The number of arrests was commensurate with the number of protesters there. Let us face it they wanted to cause chaos and given the number of nutters amongst them some had to be removed from the streets. There were no incidents affecting the event. Well done the Met. Keep it up please.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#159 Post by 1DC » Mon May 08, 2023 4:40 pm

T he right to protest remains but the modern protestors have changed protest to disrupt and that is received differently. The majority don't mind when a crowd bang drums, wave banners and scream and shout in protest even if they disagree. They do mind when the protestors walk down the middle of the road and stop them getting to work or granny to the hospital or similar. If the coronation protestors had been allowed to carry on and moved on to disruption and upset the grand event then the people may well have intervened and then people may well have got hurt.
The police were only arresting the protestors for their own good and we should have more of it!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#160 Post by OFSO » Mon May 08, 2023 5:53 pm

"Look, I've glued myself to the road (or building or painting) and I'm shortly going to be cold/in danger/hungry/thirsty/fouling myself, and it's your responsibility, Police and Emergency Services, to free me from the consequences of my own actions."

Amazing, isn't it.