Dr Watson, I presume

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
fin
Capt
Capt
Re: Dr Watson, I presume

#41 Post by fin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:41 pm

Have to wonder whether I this apparent inability to stay on topic deliberate or otherwise?
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#42 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm

fin wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:41 pm
Have to wonder whether I this apparent inability to stay on topic deliberate or otherwise?
Actually, it is relevant. When Ben There, bless his star spangled socks and underwear, opines as to how beneficial the white man has been to the USA, this aligns nicely with the sentiments expressed as to intelligence and the supposed lack of by people who aren't white.

fin
Capt
Capt

#43 Post by fin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:05 pm

Thanks for 'explaining' the relevance of history from the 17th century to bell shaped curves depicting Intelligence Quotients.

Since the 1700's and music have been introduced, who, from the sample in discussion, compares to Bach, Beethoven and others who were writing four part symphonies for orchestras of a hundred players at that approximate time in history?

fin
Capt
Capt

#44 Post by fin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Frankly, given the history of the treatment of indigenous populations by those upon whose empire the sun never set, I am surprised you brought up the subject.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#45 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:59 am

fin wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:24 pm
Frankly, given the history of the treatment of indigenous populations by those upon whose empire the sun never set, I am surprised you brought up the subject.
In that respect, we may almost be in agreement. It would be fair to say I am no supporter of those "Glorious Days of Empire ", including a spot of genocide or ethnic cleansing if you prefer, or indeed any form of jingoism in defence of the subjugation of other populations on the planet, the same planet white people share with people whose skin pigmentation comes in many different hues.