Chaos in France

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in France

#421 Post by tango15 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:09 am

That sounds about right to me, F3. I just wonder how long it will be before we see similar scenes in the UK.
I would like to see these do-gooders who support unlimited immigration interviewed with those videos as a backdrop.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#422 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:21 am

You can't even have a conversation with them about it, because what you would have to say, or even imply with your questioning, is now the criminal offence of hate speech.

And we all know the only reason people ever tell you to shut up like that is because they can't justify what they are doing, and that it doesn't make any sense, so you aren't even allowed to ask questions.

The only reason that these scenes aren't commonplace at the moment is because the police are largely treating many areas of the UK as no-go zones.
That is, the criminals can see the point in allowing the police to drive around looking like they are doing something, but the police can see the point in not actually doing anything.
It was reported last week that in 58% of the police areas of the UK, not a single case of theft was solved.
There is a police force, but it is only there for show, and for the odd few crimes that the politicians deem a priority, such as attacks on politicians.
It's the same here.

I should add that, whilst some police may still be trying to do something, the administration of the justice system is rendering their efforts ineffective.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#423 Post by Dushan » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:42 pm

OneHungLow wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:52 am
barkingmad wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:31 am
Let’s hope those perfidious Brits don’t lose their collective cool as the climate warms up... =))
It is never hot enough, for long enough for the true "folie de la chaleur" to overcome the British.

The British experience seems to go something like this.

First hot day - Everybody looks happier, the girls come out like colourful flowers in the spring, men start taking their shirts and some their shorts off, looking more like white sea slugs or aged tattooed barnacles, none of which is a good look but everybody starts talking to each other.

Second hot day - Everybody starts drinking publicly to excess, the girls look less flowers now and more like wilted but very sore red roses. The blokes have raw red necks. They are all drunk and the initial happy mood is giving way to something uglier in the presiding spirit.

Third hot day - the girls vomit in the street and swear, the blokes are fighting and some people are stabbing each other. A and E is full.

Fourth day, the rain and cold has returned - All is monochrome again. Everybody has that sullen "silent desperation is the English way look", even the Scots and the Welsh. United in silent misery everything and everybody returns to the unhappy status ante quo. Thank God! =))

The first 3 days sound very much like a typical Mallorca holiday for the people of British Isles.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#424 Post by Dushan » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:44 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:43 am
Once again, the French are revolting (and not for the first time).
The French are pretty revolting all of the time.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#425 Post by tango15 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:31 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:42 pm
OneHungLow wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:52 am
barkingmad wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:31 am
Let’s hope those perfidious Brits don’t lose their collective cool as the climate warms up... =))
It is never hot enough, for long enough for the true "folie de la chaleur" to overcome the British.

The British experience seems to go something like this.

First hot day - Everybody looks happier, the girls come out like colourful flowers in the spring, men start taking their shirts and some their shorts off, looking more like white sea slugs or aged tattooed barnacles, none of which is a good look but everybody starts talking to each other.

Second hot day - Everybody starts drinking publicly to excess, the girls look less flowers now and more like wilted but very sore red roses. The blokes have raw red necks. They are all drunk and the initial happy mood is giving way to something uglier in the presiding spirit.

Third hot day - the girls vomit in the street and swear, the blokes are fighting and some people are stabbing each other. A and E is full.

Fourth day, the rain and cold has returned - All is monochrome again. Everybody has that sullen "silent desperation is the English way look", even the Scots and the Welsh. United in silent misery everything and everybody returns to the unhappy status ante quo. Thank God! =))

The first 3 days sound very much like a typical Mallorca holiday for the people of British Isles.
How right you are, Dushan. There was (now being re-run on a Freeview channel) a series called 'Benidorm', which encapsulates this situation completely.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#426 Post by OFSO » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:16 pm

All criticism of holiday resorts where English tourists go disappears when living, however briefly, in a holiday resort where the French go.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#427 Post by OneHungLow » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:29 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:16 pm
All criticism of holiday resorts where English tourists go disappears when living, however briefly, in a holiday resort where the French go.
The French and the English, after all, are just distant cousins! ;)))

The French police are bastards... I could tell some stories here but I won't.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#428 Post by Pinky the pilot » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:14 am

I could tell some stories here but I won't.
And why not, pray tell?
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#429 Post by 1DC » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:05 pm

I met a decent French policeman once, reckon he will be retired now. I was on a toll motorway and got to a toll booth, this policeman was standing in the booth he started talking to me and realised I was English (driving a French hire car). He changed to very good English told me it was my lucky day because I had found one of the few French policemen who liked the English.Because I had travelled too quickly between the adjacent toll booths I had been going too fast so he was supposed to give me a speeding ticket but he would let me off!

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#430 Post by OneHungLow » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:00 pm

Pinky the pilot wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:14 am
I could tell some stories here but I won't.
And why not, pray tell?
My sister, now a French citizen, went out with one of "les flics" back in the day. He wasn't a bad chap but some of his colleagues I met at a barbecue left a lot to be desired. My opinion hardened after I saw how they, i.e. the Paris cops used to pick on the taxi drivers of colour (Algerians and the Arabs mostly) in Paris when I was working for Total at La Defense. The Paris cops seemed overly aggressive, rude and confrontational. Maybe they are like that to everyone, I don't know!

As an aside, another of my sisters managed to go out with a South African policeman who accidently managed to shoot himself in the stomach and was lucky not to have bled to death, before a colleague found him. Suffice it to say that both of the aforementioned sisters have married Englishmen, not a policeman between them.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#431 Post by OFSO » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:33 pm

The French government has just passed a law banning the use of non-binary language in official documents. So Messieurs and Madames are safe...

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#432 Post by Dushan » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:33 pm

And don't forget Mademoiselles... Never forget Mademoiselles

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#433 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:50 pm

Two or three years ago the Spanish government was told by the EU it couldn't make an exemption for British owners of property here staying longer than 90 days. The French senate has just passed a law permitting exactly that for British property owners in France, after complaints from the Provinces that they were going bust without British money. One rule for France, another rule for the other EU Member States. Who'd have thought it....

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#434 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:11 pm

Yes, I noticed that. The first draft permitted all owners, but was amended to be Brits Only.
One presumes the Spanish will now pass something similar.
After all, they need the money, don't they?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#435 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:33 pm

I doubt It. On the Canary Islands they are evicting British tourists from hotels on the orders of the local government, to be able to offer the rooms to some of the thousands of illegal immigrants arriving each week from Africa. (Yes, thousands.)

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#436 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:35 pm

Ah yes, of course. I was forgetting just what an economic boost immigrants are!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#437 Post by OFSO » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:44 am

Another terror attack in France. German tourist murdered near the Eiffel Tower by a 'disturbed' Muslim shouting "Allah is Great".

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#438 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:49 am

One crazy person kills another...no sane person would visit Paris these days.
A British tourist is reportedly among several injured.

I note there are 3 dead in the bombing of a Catholic Mass in the Philippines.
Another customer of the Alloa Snackbar responsible.

It's not race - we have a fair few Philippinos working in the fish plants here, and there is nothing but friendship. All Catholics, of course, same as most here.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#439 Post by OFSO » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:39 am

I have a meeting in February next year. What with terrorists, bed bugs, and ludicrous prices for travel, hotels, and food, I'm thinking twice about going.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#440 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:09 am

Throw a sickie.
Ask to do it by video link.
Tell them your insurance company has denied coverage for Paris...