Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#1421 Post by Undried Plum » Mon May 02, 2022 11:31 am

The ferries fiasco is mind-boggling.

It was a fixed price contract awarded without competition despite EU rules at the time. The damn things are five years late already and more than 250% over budget.

How can you possibly end up with contractual disputes to such an extent when both the Client and the Contractor are owned by the same entity.

The shipyard CEO, who lost over £100M in his first year, was the highest paid government employee in the whole of the UK. Over £700,000 pa plus perks. Wee Nippysweetie claims that it's "the going rate". How the hell can the highest paid individual of over two million government workers be being paid the going rate?

Is anybody surprised that the contract award documents can't be found? Anyone who paid any attention to the Salmond Inquiry remembers how hundreds of documents were deliberately withheld, even from his criminal trial and also from the parliamentary inquiry.

Scotland is being run as if it is a One Party State, even though technically there are more parties than just the one.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1422 Post by barkingmad » Mon May 02, 2022 11:37 am

Welcome back from the lambing Plum!

Kim Il Sturge, dear leader of the one-party state was given air time this morning on Beeb Radio4 yet again, but with somewhat less deference from the interviewer.

But it still ruined my muesli mastication and spoilt an otherwise pleasant morning!

Let us hope that somewhere there is a USB drive with all the details, which can be sold off to the highest bidder, though it might still be suppressed unless the original owner has made copies... :-?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1423 Post by Boac » Mon May 02, 2022 12:47 pm

BM - how is the list of members coming along?

Also, have you dug out your 'Boy's book of Aviation' and checked on 'Overweight' and 'Underspeed' yet?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1424 Post by barkingmad » Mon May 02, 2022 3:18 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:47 pm
BM - how is the list of members coming along?

Also, have you dug out your 'Boy's book of Aviation' and checked on 'Overweight' and 'Underspeed' yet?
My response has been moved to the correct thread or forum or wherever these things are supposed to lay undiscovered until I lose the will to live... =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1425 Post by Boac » Mon May 02, 2022 3:21 pm

I hate to tell you this in case we fire up the 'discontents', but your post has been deleted by someone. Could you post it again in the short time you have left?

I take it you admit defeat!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1426 Post by Boac » Tue May 03, 2022 7:54 am

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1427 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 03, 2022 7:52 pm

My will to live has ebbed further and faster having learned that all I’d absorbed about the birds and the bees, since leaving that R C pre-seminary boarding skool, has all been a fantastic but oh so convincing hoax;

https://thenewconservative.co.uk/cock-birthing/

That’s Napier Uni struck off my list of future dusty halls of academe!

Does this mean I will have to go on the Pill should I become sexually active again?

Perhaps our resident M D could advise or someone could recommend a reliable URL so’s I can research more for reassurance? :-?

Maybe this scientific discovery explains the inability of UK politicians to define a woman? =))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1428 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue May 03, 2022 7:59 pm

From an English perspective, military dispatches here, if you will! Isn't the advice "Chaos in Scotland" akin to "the Natives are Revolting" or even "the South Africans Won The Rugby Union World Cup Again!"

As a Saffer, I know that we are now the masters of chaos. :p
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1429 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 11, 2022 8:13 am

“Wind farms earn hundreds of millions more from energy crisis after delaying Government subsidy contract.”

It seems that the Democratic Peoples’ Republic Of Wee Krankie has found another way to soak the English energy customers via the Westmonster coffers;

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/wind-farms-e ... act/285252

£500,000,000 is a lot of dosh which could be better deployed elsewhere, except when it comes to supplying fireworks to Ukraine...

Presumably the same fiddle will be used in other projects further south?

And this follows the sell off of the famous green hydro-electric schemes in Jockistan to some filthy capitalist(s), probably now under foreign control just like the Hinckley ‘C’ project, mired somewhere in a stinking swamp comprising the French and the Chinese.

Who dreams up and signs off on these wild ideas? Names and addresses please so we can turn up with the portable guillotine in an attempt to arrest the further decline. :-w

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1430 Post by Woody » Wed May 18, 2022 6:18 pm

How long since the snp nationalised ScotRail X(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61497155
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1431 Post by Woody » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:50 am

Ian Blackford supporting his own apparently :((
A brief thought.

Can anybody explain to me why Alex Salmond reaching out to ping somebody’s hair was charged as sexual assault and unsuccessfully prosecuted in court, but this by an SNP MP:

“It was quite a nice night until towards the end of the evening. I was sitting on a couch in the pub with three or four colleagues, and then Patrick perched himself on the arm of the couch and proceeded to start touching me.
“He was playing with my hair and making comments about how he wished he had hair. He was putting his fingers on the back of my neck, behind my shirt collar, quite forcefully, and you know, at that time when I was 19, I didn’t know how to deal with it.
was not viewed as criminal at all? There are no texts from SNP Chief Executive Peter Murrell to his deputy Sue Ruddick instructing her to put pressure on the Met Police to bring charges against Patrick Grady.

There is a genuine question here. How is a citizen supposed to know what conduct is criminal and what conduct is not, when whether you are charged or not depends so clearly not on what you do, but on who you are?
Quote from Craig Murray.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1432 Post by Woody » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:55 am

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1433 Post by FD2 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:04 pm

John Knox has risen from his grave! (The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstruous Regimen of Women...)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/0 ... land-told/

Keep your clothes on and stop being sexy, Scottish strippers told

Edinburgh Council is using new powers to effectively ban strip clubs ... but it has suggested ways around the venues being forced to close

By Daniel Sanderson, Scottish Correspondent 22 July 2022 • 4:04pm

One of the four remaining strip clubs in Edinburgh, based in what is known as the city's 'pubic triangle' Credit: D Hale-Sutton / Alamy Stock Photo

Strippers who face losing their jobs because of a ban on adult venues will be able to continue working if they keep their clothes on and stop being sexy, a council has suggested.

Edinburgh Council is using new powers to effectively ban strip clubs in the Scottish capital, following claims they objectify and harm women, with the city’s four existing venues told they must shut down by April next year.

The move has prompted a backlash from the venues, who are planning a legal challenge, and some of the women who work as strippers, who say they face being forced out of lucrative and flexible work.

However, Mandy Watt, the deputy leader of the Labour-run council, claimed that the venues could remain open as long as women did not dance naked.

Sexual entertainment venues (SEV), which the ban applies to, are defined as places with live performances for profit and “for the sole purpose of sexual stimulation of the audience”.
‘Dancers are not workers’

This is likely to mean that having scantily-clad but not naked dancers performing the same routines would not be enough to escape the ban, and suggests they would have to incorporate elements of dances which were not designed to sexually appealing.

“Dancers are not workers,” Ms Watt said. “It’s not work, they are performers and it is not in the council’s gift to confer workers’ rights on them. Most are self-employed.

“I understand concerns about people losing jobs but the venues could apply to stay open. All they need to do is not insist on women dancing naked. They don’t need to do that to operate.”

She added: “I believe the ban was the right decision because these clubs disempower women. They are not helpful for the view society has of women and their place in the world. I want to see women being treated with respect.”

Edinburgh Council voted in March to set the maximum number of SEVs at zero. Councillors rejected proposals to set the limit at four, meaning no more would be able to open but those that already existed could continue operating.

The Burke & Hare Lap Dancing and Strip Bar in Edinburgh

If a legal challenge is not successful, it would be the death knell for the city’s infamous “pubic triangle”, where there are three strip clubs within close proximity to each other.

Campaigners who called for the venues to be shut down claimed there was a link between strip clubs and the abuse, rape and murder of women because they promoted the objectification of women.

However, Ms Watt’s comments caused a backlash from sex workers, with a union representing strippers also planning a legal challenge to the council ban.
‘She is doing nothing but pushing women into poverty’

Georgie, a dancer in the city, told the Edinburgh Evening News that stripping was “no different” to other jobs.

She challenged Ms Watt to suggest another job she could perform with the same “autonomy and freedom” and which she could “live off comfortably with a 12-hour week”.

She added: “Until she ensures that every single dancer that will be affected by the loss of Edinburgh’s strip clubs has this same equal and matched opportunity for work, in an industry of their choosing, she is doing nothing but pushing women into poverty and taking away their freedom of choice.

“She may believe she is doing the right thing, but she is at best misguided and at worst using personal bias and morality to speak over the lived experience of women.”

The SNP Government handed Scottish councils new powers to set a minimum number of SEVs, after officially classifying stripping as a “form of violence against women and girls”.

Nicola Sturgeon has backed councils who want to use the powers to ban venues, claiming the “dignity and treatment of women” must be respected.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1434 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:08 pm

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1435 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:41 pm

Is it true that all Sturgeons belong to the Queen? If so can she decree 'off with her head' and stop all this silly independence nonsense? :D
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1436 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:09 pm

On Friday a reader's letter in the Aberdeen Press & Journal pointed out it has now taken the SNP longer to not deliver one ferry than it took to build and deliver the Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier.

UP summed it up well back in May : viewtopic.php?p=333455#p333455

EDIT: Jeez, now she's considering nationalising energy companies. Well, her track record on nationalising Ferguson Shipyards and the ferry fiasco should have us trembling in our boots.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-62623751
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1437 Post by Woody » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:35 pm

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1438 Post by OFSO » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:30 pm

I've just read that the two new ferries, which will be delivered Any Time Real Soon, are too long to fit in some of the harbours which they will service.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1439 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:49 pm

Clearly someone has a cousin who does harbour extensions

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1440 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:05 pm

"You're going to need a smaller boat" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

PP