Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#1041 Post by 4mastacker » Sun May 23, 2021 4:18 pm

Is this a consequence of the Salmond case?

Sotland's Lord Advocate resigns
It's always my fault - SWMBO

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1042 Post by om15 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:35 pm

SNP Chair of Glasgow city council education committee Cllr Rhiannon Spear has written, "It's ok Europe we hate the United Kingdom too. Love, Scotland."

This following the Eurovision Song Contest results, which for the UK were rather better than the education record of the SNP.

She has since deleted the tweet and apologised after sobering up.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1043 Post by FD2 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:25 pm

A tax on wealth, decriminalised drugs and immigration unbound: SNP’s wish list for independent Scotland

Policy blueprint based on 'fantasy economics', say Tories, with a separate Scotland already facing huge deficit following the pandemic
By Simon Johnson, Scottish Political Editor 25 May 2021 • 4:57pm
The report, commissioned by Nicola Sturgeon, will leave some scratching their heads as to whether an independent Scotland could afford to implement the policies

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... snps-wish/

An independent Scotland would examine decriminalising personal drug use, encouraging immigration and imposing a wealth tax on anyone with assets worth more than £500,000, an SNP blueprint has said.

The Nationalists’ social justice and fairness commission said a one-off tax, possibly imposed at one per cent on holdings of wealth over £500,000, could be used to help close a separate Scotland’s huge deficit following the pandemic.

However, the report acknowledged there may be “behavioural responses” by wealthy people moving their assets elsewhere and “practical difficulties” in the state creating an “inventory of all wealth” – such as cars and jewellery – “and revaluing it annually”.

It also proposed increasing taxes on higher earners, replacing council tax with a levy based on land value and exploring a universal basic income – the state providing a minimum income for everyone without means testing.

The group was commissioned by Nicola Sturgeon in 2019 and its report said it wanted to offer a “blueprint to future governments” on key policy areas if Scotland was to separate from the UK.

Neil Gray, an SNP MSP and the commission’s deputy convener, said the report provided a “route map to a more socially just Scotland” with “policy decisions that can help us build a fairer and happier society.”

Yep - I can see a lot of people being happier if this goes through! :ymdevil:

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1044 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed May 26, 2021 7:16 am

Well that will solve the drug problem. Why would they need staff to carry out an annual revaluation for a one-off tax?

Didn't some ffrench chap from Normandy do a whole scale land valuation, and that chap from near Nottingham tried levelling up incomes?

Happier Scotland maybe but what about the Kirk? I thought they were never happy.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1045 Post by Woody » Wed May 26, 2021 8:04 am

Happier Scotland maybe but what about the Kirk? I thought they were never happy.

The Rev. IM Jolly gives the Wee Free’s view :ymdevil:

When all else fails, read the instructions.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1046 Post by om15 » Wed May 26, 2021 11:11 am

A SNP MSP has claimed an independent Scotland could guarantee a couple with children a minimum income of more than £37,000 a year.

Neil Gray admits the plans have not been costed.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/poli ... s-24185086

Well Neil, how about coming back and giving us the detail when you have costed it? No, I didn't think you would. This is in the same strain as free lap tops, free bicycles, free drugs, free wages.

Mel Wallace will be on his horse bawling "FREEEEEBIES" over this.

Just how stupid are the SNP voters

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1047 Post by ian16th » Wed May 26, 2021 11:23 am

om15 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:11 am
Just how stupid are the SNP voters
Very.
Cynicism improves with age

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1048 Post by FD2 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:44 am

Knives are out as Sturgeon is filleted at question time

Cummings denunciation of Downing Street was brutal but there are Scots who believe the word ‘chaotic’ is appropriate for Sturgeon too

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/202 ... tion-time/

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1049 Post by FD2 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:46 am

Scottish Government unlawfully claimed Alex Salmond harassment report 'did not exist'

Scottish Government officials breached Freedom of Information legislation by attempting to claim the final report of the investigation of harassment complaints against Alex Salmond did not exist, it can be revealed.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... e=hs_email

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1050 Post by Woody » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 am

Today’s chaos will be caused by MrsWoody navigating from Turnhouse to Fife for a wedding, I was originally invited as well, but with Krankie changing the constantly changing the rules, the minimum number was chosen, so I volunteered not to go, hero that I am :D

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1051 Post by Woody » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:44 pm

Was that noise UP’s head exploding :-o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57315436

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1052 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:50 pm

That men should obey this bint, is itself shocking.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1053 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:40 pm

The Scottish judicial system is totally politicised and totally corrupted.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... pens-next/

Without a system of Justice, Scotland is not fit to be independent.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1054 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:40 pm

I am apt to send some support to his defence fund. I am shocked at what appears to a blatant cabal in the Scottish legal system that borders on the politically incestuous. Outrageous really!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1055 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:32 pm

I listened to the virtual open Court session this morning. It's the "open" Court hearing wherein Crag Murray is appealing to the Judge who convicted him in a juryless trial and gave him a record-breaking ( in several ways) heavy jail sentence. He is appealing to his tormentor allow him to appeal to the grownup Court in England which is the UK's Supreme Court. In effect, he is appealing against the double miscarriage of Justice to the judge who meted it out against him.

Despite the proceedings being in open Court and available, albeit audio-only, to anyone who wanted to dial in and listen to proceedings just as if in the Courtroom, I am not at liberty to repeat a single word here or anywhere else.

The Crown Office is being really hard-arse about this. They are threatening that anyone who says anything about what was said is liable to Prosecution for Contempt is liable to two years in pokey and an unlimited fine. The only exemptions are the small number of Court-appointed official 'reporters' who can be trusted to tell the official side only.

I am sufficiently intimidated to comply with the draconian and nazi-like demands made of us subjects by our feudal masters/mistresses in Embra. A couple years in the Addiewell Hilton wouldn't faze me, but I've got rather a lot to lose from an unlimited fine.

I shall be listening again tomorrow morning at the same time. ;))) I think I can get away with saying that! #:-S

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1056 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:35 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:31 pm
Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:40 pm

I am apt to send some support to his defence fund. I am shocked at what appears to a blatant cabal in the Scottish legal system that borders on the politically incestuous. Outrageous really!

Well over 130,000 people, in more than 120 countries, have done so.

The story is going almost entirely unreported in the UK, and not at all in the MSM, but word is getting around the world just how profoundly corrupt and venal the power politics of Jockistan really are.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1057 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:23 am

The hearing, as a 'hearing', has effectively been cancelled by the judge.

Instead, she will simply issue a written finding and publish it somewhere or other in due course.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1058 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:23 am

It looks as if the donations 'scandal' is brewing up nicely too.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1059 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:08 pm

Over the past coupla days Craig Murray has had to appeal to Lady Dorrian to overturn her own perverse verdict and to appeal to her to overturn her own venal and unprecedented prison sentence.

He was also appealing to her to grant him permission to appeal to the Supreme Court against her nasty verdict and sentencing.

The result is as bizarre and as perverse as everything in her persecution of Salmond and of Murray. I know who the script writers actually are, but Kafka and Carrol could not cook up a more crazed plot.

She has granted him permission to appeal to the Supreme Court against her refusal to grant him permission to appeal to the Supreme Court! Yes, really.

His prison induction is thus temporarily delayed for up to four weeks to allow him to make the first of three appeals to the Supreme Court.

He's not allowed to appeal against her verdict and he's not allowed to appeal against her sentence of him. He's only allowed to appeal to the Supreme Court against her refusal to allow him to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Remember that each of these appeals costs him somewhere between £50k and £200k. His final appeal could cost end up costing him up to half a million quid - or more.

In the unlikely event that he makes it through all those processes, and he knows that he is likely to fail, he intends to take the matter to the European Court of Human Rights where he knows he will win. I've no idea how much that would cost.

It's abundantly clear that Dorrian's boss's strategy is to break Craig Murray's back financially and sling him in prison where his several very serious health issues cannot be properly treated and where there is a dreadful probability that he will die there.

They're a nasty bunch of bithches and bastards in that clique.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1060 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 pm

That'll larn him.