Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#1121 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:31 am
Plum, please monitor your BP in case you have not seen this one;

https://www.unz.com/jcook/craig-murrays ... ournalism/
That Cook article is well worth a read.

Craig Murray had a wee glass of Champagne and hugged his two kids and his wife before going 'inside' at 11:00 this morning.

That Scotland should sink this low in my lifetime is utterly appalling.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1122 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 pm

"That Scotland should sink this low in my lifetime is utterly appalling."

Like other countries it's not the peasants who are responsible for the decline into filth and corruption but it's their elected representatives who 'throw up' the 'leaders' and are thus more closely involved.

I really must try and expedite the final trials of the "Blade" as the requirement is becoming more apparent by the day and more widespread distribution will be needed beyond Westmonster and environs. :-q

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1123 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:57 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 pm
"That Scotland should sink this low in my lifetime is utterly appalling."

Like other countries it's not the peasants who are responsible for the decline into filth and corruption but it's their elected representatives who 'throw up' the 'leaders' and are thus more closely involved.

I really must try and expedite the final trials of the "Blade" as the requirement is becoming more apparent by the day and more widespread distribution will be needed beyond Westmonster and environs. :-q
We already have one. It's in the Museum in Chambers Street in Edinburgh.

She's called The Maiden. Made in 1564 and still good to go, literally. She's collapsible for easy transport between different parts of Edinburgh and Leith.

The blade was kept blunt so that she made a satisfactory Thwack sound rather than a silent swish which a sharp one woukd. And the crowd went wild!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1124 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:08 pm

U P, many thanks for that! I was wondering whether custom 'mods' to suit a particular market might be a winner but believed that to acquire EU CE approval it would have to be a relatively silent cut at the end of the shrieking clatter of stainless steel roller bearings running in the ss lined aluminium channel.

The option to incorporate a "joker" stop for the blade carriage has attracted interest from regimes who are interested in using it as a persuasion device to encourage the candidates to take their last chance to spill the beans on whatever nefarious activity which led them to be selected. A live confession is well worth the extra payment for that 'mod'!

Next time I'm annoying my relatives in your fair City of Edinburgh I must call in to study "The Maiden", one can always learn from history. :YMAPPLAUSE:

Edited to add: This is too late to help with the Craig Murray atrocity but perhaps enough signatories might contribute to a later successful appeal;

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... a09cf4ad6b

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1125 Post by FD2 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:23 am

Salmond blogger Craig Murray hands himself in to police ahead of jail sentence

Former British ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray has handed himself in to police in Edinburgh as he is set to begin an eight-month prison sentence.

By Craig Paton
Sunday, 1st August 2021, 1:15 pm
Updated
21 hours ago

Murray, who has become a blogger and pro-independence campaigner in recent years, was judged to have been in contempt of court over blogs he wrote during the trial of former first minister Alex Salmond.

The 62-year-old’s offending blog posts contained details which, if pieced together, could lead readers to identify women who made allegations against Mr Salmond, who was acquitted of all 13 charges including sexual assault and attempted rape in March last year.

The former diplomat arrived at St Leonard’s police station in Edinburgh on Sunday morning to hand himself in and was joined by family and supporters.

Murray drank from what appeared to be a bottle of champagne and thanked the crowd for their attendance, one video on social media showed, before embracing his wife Nadira and five-month-old son Oscar.

At a virtual sentencing in May, Lady Dorrian said Murray knew there were court orders giving the women anonymity and he was “relishing” the potential disclosure of their identities.

Lady Dorrian said Murray deliberately risked what is known as “jigsaw identification”, saying: “It appears from the posts and articles that he was in fact relishing the task he set himself, which was essentially to allow the identities of complainers to be discerned – which he thought was in the public interest – in a way which did not attract sanction.”

On Friday, the Craig Murray Justice campaign group said his conviction “sets a dangerous legal precedent for freedom of speech and equality before the law”.

Several protesters gathered outside St Leonard’s on Friday afternoon and were joined by Murray.

On Friday, Murray tweeted that “in my absence the Craig Murray Justice Campaign will be continuing the fight”, linking to a statement which suggested he would start his jail term “with a clean conscience”.

Neale Hanvey, the Alba MP for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath, said on Twitter he was “devastated and sickened by this development”, adding: “Scotland is no longer a safe, tolerant or free country.

“The vindictiveness of those who wield power is on naked display.”

Last month, Murray was refused in his bid to appeal the contempt finding against him at the UK Supreme Court, in a decision made by the High Court in Edinburgh

In February, Clive Thomson, who tweeted the names of women who gave evidence against Mr Salmond at his trial, was jailed for six months.

The 52-year-old carried out a “blatant and deliberate” breach of a contempt of court order banning the identification of the complainers by naming five of them on social media, said Lady Dorrian at the High Court in Edinburgh.

From yesterday's Scotsman. Very bold of them to mention it even. :-$ Today I can't find a mention of it. Free press duly subdued and subservient eh? So the High Court in Edinburgh refused his appeal to the UK Supreme Court - have they taken over the Supreme Court's role to decide or is this part of the 'devolution' process in the UK then?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1126 Post by FD2 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:31 am

Was Nicola Sturgeon's 'rant' about opponents' intelligence a 'dead cat' to distract us from more serious issues? – Scotsman comment

Politics can be extremely difficult and stressful, but the most worthwhile and important jobs usually are.
By Scotsman Leader Comment
Sunday, 1st August 2021, 4:55 am

Different people find different ways of coping with the pressure, but one method is to twist language in an attempt to escape criticism.

For example, there is the “non-denial denial”, meaning something that sounds like a denial but isn’t. A politician asked about a serious and true allegation might say “that’s ridiculous”, in the hope this is taken to mean it’s untrue and that the brewing scandal dies down without adding a straightforward lie to their charge sheet.

There’s also the unapologetic apology, as in “I’m sorry if you feel offended”, which could be read, and meant, as “I feel sad that you are such an over-sensitive snowflake”.

That brings us to the issue of the number of 40-somethings who had received their second dose of Covid vaccine by July 26, which descended into a bitter but trivial row over semantics.

In June, Nicola Sturgeon told MSPs “we expect to have given second doses to all 40 to 49-year-olds” by that date, calling it a “milestone”. So when figures showed 77 per cent of the age-group had been double jabbed, opposition politicians attacked the Scottish government for missing what they called a “target”.

Sturgeon’s response was that when she said “given” it was obvious she meant “offered” because no one is forced to have the vaccine if they do not want to.

However there is a problem with this response. One might reasonably think, based on Sturgeon’s argument, that 23 per cent of 40-somethings had turned down the “offer”, but that is not the case. Instead, while they had all, by July 26, been offered an appointment, that appointment may have been for some time after July 26.

Covid Scotland: Tories demand Nicola Sturgeon corrects official Holyrood report https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... rt-3326547 Fat chance!

So the “milestone” – which may or may not be a “non-target target” – might help civil service managers in charge of sending out the letters to assess how efficiently their staff are working, but it is not practically useful in finding out if the vaccination programme is proceeding at the expected pace. It is the date of the jab that is important, not the date of the letter.

Curiously, Sturgeon decided to attack her critics, saying “I kind of communicate at a level where I assume a certain level of intelligence on the part of people listening to me”, which sounds a lot like, “I used the wrong word, but you are the stupid ones for not replacing it with the right one”.

Perhaps she was tired or lost her temper a bit but maybe, just maybe, she was using this debate about semantics as a ‘dead cat’. This refers to cynical advice about what to do if a meeting is going badly: throw a metaphorical dead cat on the table. Suddenly no-one is talking about the issue you were in trouble over, instead they are expressing revulsion about the cat. Sturgeon even described her own remarks as a “rant”, which may have proved helpful for any headline writers who were unsure.

All politicians need to focus on what really matters – the vaccination programme, the economic recovery and learning the lessons of the pandemic – and spend as little time as possible on what does not, such as bickering about the meaning of words.

Very 'bold' of them to question her actions but she's wrong footed them yet again. https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/c ... nt-3329935

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Ye cannae make it, ye ken

#1127 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:05 pm

Politzei Schottland has agreed to drop the proposed codename for the security operation surrounding Boris's next visit to Scotland.

They were going to call it Operation Bunter. Yes, really.

When some senior officers pointed out the significance of the name Bunter to someone of Boris's educational background and and girth, the gaffe was noticed and will be corrected.

It was a gaffe, wasn't it?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1128 Post by Woody » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:04 pm

Meanwhile in another SNP inspired fustercluck , I introduce Glasgow Prestwick Airport :((

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/prestwick ... s-special/
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1129 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:19 pm

Scotland has become a gangster State.

The shakedown of those well-heeled developers of wind farms is a blatant shake-down by Prestwick's gangster owners. It's nothing other than an extortion racket, pure and simple.

Give us £4.5M and our owners will let you build your windfarm, else your ****.

£4.4M of last years' £5.5M profit came from these windfarms shakedowns.

The way it works is that if a planning application fails it goes to Appeal. The Reporter who adjudicates the Appeal is a self-employed person, who is appointed personally by "the Scottish Ministers". Those Reporters know which side of their daily bread is buttered on. They invariably go with whatever it is that the Scottish Ministers who does the appointing wants them to do.

Hence, all Prestwick, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Capo di tuti Capi, has to do is to name the number of millions of Pounds they want and the Planning Consent objection will be waived.

Technically, such a protection racket isn't a crime because the criminals who run the gang will not outlaw their own crime. In my eyes, that makes the gangsterism even worse. The bastards are very literally above the Law and they don't care who knows it.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1130 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:21 pm

And still the Scots say...

Nothing.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1131 Post by Woody » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:30 am

I bet that she’s jealous of Belarus 🇧🇾

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58065313
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1132 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:48 pm

Yesterday was Craig Murray's first full day in Saughton Prison as a political prisoner.

Today I played this song on my big tractor's very powerful Quad-sound HiFi, at high volume. I couldn't understand where I was getting that dust in my eyes from. Then I listened to the significance of some of the lyrics.

I am a free man, therefore I must shut up. It's a bloody grim development in British life, innit?

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1133 Post by tango15 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:01 pm

It certainly is, UP. Many years ago, when I was working in those parts, I met Craig Murray several times. I found him a pleasant, intelligent man, whose way of life was somewhat different from your average Ambo. Nothing wrong with different, and he made a pleasant change from some of the more PC ones I met in my travels. I was pleased that he wrote 'Murder in Samarkand', because I heard of such stories during my time there, and I knew he was aware of them. Clearly his book was at odds with FCO policy and I think that was the beginning of the downward spiral. I was once almost arrested for taking a photo in the Tashkent Metro (underground). It was only later, after talking to Craig, that I learned it was run by their Ministry of Defence(!).
His detention has, so far as I can tell, gone largely unnoticed south of the border, probably deliberately.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1134 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:33 pm

I am not competent to present some kind of vox pop, for I am a wee bit isolated in my rural environment in what I know to be the belly button fluff of Scotland from the urban townlands which are the spleen of the belly-belt of Scotland.

Nevertheless I can say that almost everyone in Scotland is unaware of the significance, or even the existence of, the political imprisonment of a Scottish Nationalist political exponent who has repeatedly challenged his own leadership to go for neverendum or else a declaration of UDI. I don't support his political opinions in that way to any extent, but I do support his ability to express his opinions and his ability to tell the truth.

His truth telling is, for me, the most important thing. He and I and others can bicker about politics another time, though probably won't because he always wins on points of truth.

His truth telling is what he has been imprisoned for. The reason for his imprisonment is his truth telling. That was was his unforgivable offence, to the powers that be.

One of the most shocking things about his imprisonment is that he didn't have to commit the offence of disclosing the identity of either of the perjurers in the trial of Alex Salmond.

He could have easily declared the names and job titles of all the ten Alphabet sisters if he had wanted and he could have done so perfectly legally. The reason why he did not do so was because he felt that so to do would not have been unethical for a journalist.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1135 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:20 pm

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1136 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Ignore the American accent of this guy. He's actually British and very well informed.

In this piece he gives a very good basic primer of the circumstances in which Craig Murray became a political prisoner in Scotland. He is able to say something which I cannot as he lives in America and I live in Scotland. Listen very carefully to what he says about some witness evidence given in open court. That single piece of evidence was reported, together lots of others, by Craig Murray and was taken down at the insistence of the Crown Office. It proves beyond reasonable doubt that at least one of the Alphabet witches perjured herself when claiming to have been sexually assaulted on a day when the security logs of Bute House clearly show that she was never there that day. It seems likely that at least one of the other witnesses also perjured herself as her testimony is inconsistent with a matter which the guy in this video mentions.

The reason why I did not go to the sendoff ceremony and give a bit of personal moral support last Sunday is that under the Level Zero restriction it is illegal to attend any open air gathering of more than 15 people and I know just how venal Nicola Sturgeon is and how easily she could command mass arrests under the pretext of Covid regulations.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1137 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:59 pm

One for UP. Any reason why Mr Sturgeon appears to have disappeared from public mention of late?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1138 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:35 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:59 pm
One for UP. Any reason why Mr Sturgeon appears to have disappeared from public mention of late?
He's lying low because some very serious questions are being asked about just where hundreds of thousands of Pounds of party funds have gone. All three members of the party finance committee resigned because they were denied access to the accounts. Even the party treasurer resigned for exactly the same reason. Even some of the most stalwart party members are beginning to ask just how much of their subs actually goes into the family fortune of the two ruling officials.

He has sunk from public view because he can only maintain secrecy by saying nothing at all. I'm sure that, even if it is a subconcious thought, they know what happened to Mr and Mrs Ceaucescu when the grass roots party members got fed up with their ostentatious display of wealth. The Murrel/Sturgeons have four houses and a household income estimated to be more than £300k. That doesn't go down well in the poorer parts of Glasgow and Edinburgh and the rest of urban lowland Scotland.
The diehard Separatists, which is most of the ordinary party members, are wondering why Mr & Mrs Sturgeon-Murrel are not pushing for the next in a series of neverendums. The ruling couple are in clover as is. They know what a disaster independence would be for Scotland. They want to keep the status quo and don't want anybody to rock the boat. The failed attempt to destroy Salmond was because he represents a threat to their comfortable existence. Craig Murray is another one who is gobby about getting on with independence. The rulers have repeatedly refused him permission to have sideshows at the SNP party conferences to discuss independence. Having him locked up was a purely political move.

For Sturgeon and her 'husband', it's all about clinging on to power. The money is just an added bonus for them. That's not what motivates them. Their real craving is for power and lots of it.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1139 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:56 pm

Thanks for that answer UP. How, in all that is holy, is that kind of third-world corrupt situation allowed to exist in the UK?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1140 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:18 pm

I'm buggered if I know.

I never would have believed that one day we'd have a journalist jailed as a political prisoner without having committed a criminal offence and without a jury trial. Now we have Craig Murray in prison.

It's all profoundly alarming.