Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#81 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:37 pm

NS: oxy- as in oxygen-thief, moron as in idiot ? ;)))

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#82 Post by BenThere » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:02 pm

I tend to support Scottish independence and its relationship with England and UK evolving similar to the US and Canada, independent but sharing similar values and mutually supportive, and with friendly borders. For the most part, the US and Canada celebrate each other as England and Scotland should. I have nothing but high regard for the people of both nations.

Just an anecdote, but one day a few years ago I was standing outside the Marriot hotel door in downtown Houston, catching a smoke while waiting for the van to take me to work at my airline job. A Scottish businessman sidled up and offered to pay me $2 for a cigarette, an outrageous sum for a Scot, though in Australia a pack of 20 cigarettes costs $25 US, which if there would have made the offer reasonable. But I buy my cigarettes for $25 for 200 at the duty-free between US and Mexico. When he offered to pay, I could only laugh and say, "I'll give you a cigarette, Pal.", which I did and gave him a few more to enjoy before he got on the long flight back to Glasgow, Scotland. I refused any payment. He was so effusive thanking me I felt like I had just won a Nobel Prize for uplifting humanity. On reflection, I thought about how most Americans treat each other, generally with charity and good will, and wondered what was different in Scotland that he would be so exuberant in his appreciation.

A last observation is that anytime you do something to give of yourself, with no interest in a reward for it, returns a greater payment in how you feel about yourself, that maybe you have done a bit of good, and in a small way the world is a better place. Helping people who need help is a noble thing. You don't need any recognition for it, the reward is in how you feel about yourself and that is adequate.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#83 Post by om15 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:35 am

st.PNG
st.PNG (715.89 KiB) Viewed 1109 times

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#84 Post by barkingmad » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:40 am

This on from some time ago showing the fantasies in la la land;

I long to see wee Nicola Krankie dismantled by A N but she’s possibly shrewd enough not to go anywhere near his cage?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#85 Post by barkingmad » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:32 pm

MY WISH HAS COME TRUE ! !

Wee Krankie hopefully will be dissected on BBC1 tonight 1930 by Andrew Neill.

Unfortunately I’m not eating rare steak for dinner this evening. :YMAPPLAUSE:

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#86 Post by k3k3 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:56 pm

She won't be able to accuse him of being biased against the Scots.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#87 Post by barkingmad » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Watched Brillo Pad Neill v Wee Nicola Krankie this evening and another example of car-crash TV, compulsive but awful.

I had to replay where she connected “Ireland’s independence combined with their joining the EU” and the advantage that gave to them. As a bogtrotter I recall the 2 events were separated by quite a few decades and Paddy is about to get a major shock when he sees how much of his Guinness tokens are being snaffled by those pesky Brussels Sprouters and that’s before UK stops paying in.

The ambition to have a separate currency despite a massive deficit got very embarrassing when the Growth Commission and IFS figures were brandished by A N.

Altogether not a good performance and the blushing when the projected oil revenues of 2014 were corrected was obvious.

Also the issue of the jockstrap between England (out of EU) and an independent Scotland (in EU) was brushed over so a Chump-style wall from north of Berwick-on-Tweed to the Solway Firth is still a long way off going out to tender.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#88 Post by OFSO » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:20 pm

The wee lassies assertions have been dissected by the BBC Fact Checker and to not much surprise have been found to be more or less inaccurate in most cases: a core of substance surrounded by flexible facts and multiple interpretations.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#89 Post by barkingmad » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Here’s Wee Krankie spluttering at questions by Piers Morgan & co. Particularly stumped on the question of the Jockstrap ‘twixt Scotland and England if, once down the Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole, Scotland manages to stay fully in EUSSR but England gets out!

Highly satisfying to watch after last night’s dissection by A Neill. I sincerely hope none of our Scottish friends are taken in by the Essenpee rhetoric and fudged figures for economics and dreams of “independence” tucked safely inside the EUSSR megalith? [-X

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#90 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 am

This gentleman describes, better than I can, the specification for the potential “Jockstrap” between England and Scotland after the Scots achieve the sunlit uplands of independence in the EUSSR. On the way he manages to get a laugh out of some other nations and a major sacred cow religion!

Just what we need for cheering up on a dark December day as electoral Armageddon looms next week?! =))

CAUTION:SNOWFLAKE ALERT! THIS VID CONTAINS LANGUAGE.........etc

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#91 Post by Woody » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 am

Me and Ribrash aren’t going with Jockistan :-q
When all else fails, read the instructions.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#92 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am

Woody wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 am
Me and Ribrash aren’t going with Jockistan :-q
Not many of us “Deplorables” are going with this failed idea. The ‘once in a lifetime decision’ which resurfaces 6 years later?!

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#93 Post by CremeEgg » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Was in southern Scotland just before IndyRef1. Just a co-incidence that all the farmers No posters, placards, banners were put a long way into their fields to stop them being torn down by the rabid Yes voters on a hit and run mission? There was alot of division and hatred stirred up by the Yes vote.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#94 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:47 pm

“There WAS a lot of division and hatred.....”.

Are you certain it’s past tense? I get the impression it’s been reinforced by England’s desire for independence.

Imagine the howls of outrage if there was an English National Party currently courting the electorate? But somehow the ‘Essenpee’ is seen as respectable.

Even a St George’s cross flag for a peasant is seen as xenophobic, racist and any other denigrating term you will find in the “woke” dictionary! !

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#95 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:47 am

For our overseas members who may not know about Wee Nicola Krankie here’s a quick refresher as we hurtle towards electoral and constitutional disaster in the “united” “kingdom”.

Note the startling resemblance between the Essenpee leader and the comic!

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#96 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:44 pm

There's absolutely resemblance .... the comic smiled!! ;)))
It's always my fault - SWMBO

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#97 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Boring old fart commenting on trivia in the Left’s favourite rag;

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... my-krankie

Lost: A sense of humour somewhere between the ears, finder please reprogram it and return to the journo.

And to all politico’s, if you can’t take the heat, depart the kitchen asap!!

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#98 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 pm

I was working in India at the time of the Independence vote.

The Indians said to me "They gave you a vote on being independent........and you said no?"

I've never felt so ashamed.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#99 Post by FD2 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:50 pm

The difference is, wee Jimmy Krankie is funny, the yapping nyaff Sturgeon is not funny and potentially dangerous to UK and internal Scottish stability by appealing to the Braveheart Believers Party thugs. The amount of bile and hatred stirred up by Indyref 1 will be nothing compared to what will happen if she somehow gets an Indyref 2. I'm not against the Scots finally deciding on this after 300 years, just sick of all the lying, and can't see how the matter can be put to a vote without more intimidation and ill feeling.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#100 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:03 pm

As I drove past Carter Bar border during yesterday’s atrocious weather I spared a thought for those unfortunate customs personnel unlucky or disliked enough to be posted to that awful place 1471’ amsl in the middle of nowhere!
If Indyref2 goes in Krankie’s direction it will be interesting to see how another land border with the EUSSR (dream on sweety!) will be managed?

Had a look at a Jock ballot paper before I departed “bonnie jockland” and wondered that all the major parties seemed happy with being described as the “Scottish” whatever party, even though most were obviously HQ’d south of the border?