Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#1261 Post by Woody » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Of course, the HGV driver shortage hasn't just been affecting the supply of petrol. In a stock market update, drinks company AG Barr warns it is facing difficulties with making deliveries of perhaps Scotland's most essential fuel - Irn-Bru.

“In recent weeks we have seen increased challenges across the UK road haulage fleet, associated in part with the Covid-19 pandemic, impacting customer deliveries and inbound materials," bosses say.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1262 Post by Woody » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:58 pm

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1263 Post by om15 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:18 pm

I do like to see the SNP being put firmly in their place by a Tory

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1264 Post by FD2 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:42 pm

Penny for Deputy PM! :YMPARTY: She can put numpties in their place, string words together in an understandable form, is intelligent, and is much better looking than Bunter :x but I suspect Mrs Bunter wouldn't allow it as she rightly suspects he would continually be trying to tup her and it would distract from his considerable powers of intellect which are saving the UK from disaster as I write. A few months later a quick men-in-grey coup could see Bunter consigned to managing a brothel somewhere which his talents suit and Penny could take over.

Oh and finally she may be able to persuade some of the rank and file SNP supporters to abandon their worship of the Wee Nyaff.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1265 Post by FD2 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:39 am

Sturgeon under fire over bonus for shipyard boss paid £1.3m by taxpayers

Tim Hair is paid about £4,000 a day to run Ferguson Marine, which was controversially nationalised by the SNP Government in 2019
By Oliver Gill, Chief Business Correspondent 8 October 2021 • 4:33pm

Nicola Sturgeon is facing fresh criticism after Scottish ministers admitted that the boss of nationalised shipbuilder Ferguson Marine has been awarded a bonus despite already being one of Britain’s highest-earning public servants.

Tim Hair is entitled to a “retention incentive” that takes his day rate to about £4,000, Holyrood has said.

The incentive was labelled “gobsmacking” and “further damning evidence of the SNP’s total mismanagement of Ferguson Marine” by opposition politicians.

Ferguson Marine insisted that the retention incentive was not a bonus, but a mechanism to ensure that Mr Hair remained in his post for a number of months.

A Scottish Government spokesman said: “This payment is not a bonus. The turnaround director’s contract was renewed in February 2020 with a reduction in the day rate and the addition of a retention arrangement, under which a percentage of the fee is accrued and withheld for a period of time.”

The handling of Ferguson Marine is one of the most controversial economic interventions by the Scottish government.

Scottish ministers nationalised 118-year-old Ferguson Marine after it ran into difficulties building two ferries for CalMac, a state-owned operator that runs services between the Scottish mainland and surrounding islands.

The ferries have still not been delivered with some estimating that the fiasco could cost taxpayers more than £300m.

Mr Hair, an experienced turnaround director, was hired by Scottish ministers in August 2019. Since then he has invoiced fees of £1.3m at the taxpayer’s expense.

Holyrood insists that Mr Hair’s ongoing employment is a matter for the board of Ferguson Marine - even though the business is in state ownership.

Nice work if you can get it. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... taxpayers/#

I almost choked on my Weeties when I read 'TUG Wilson's' comment. Obviously not moderated...

TUG Wilson
9 Oct 2021 7:02AM

Has he the photos of nicola eating beaver by chance. I believe they are a protected species.

Gordon Diack
9 Oct 2021 7:11AM

@TUG Wilson French Beavers aren’t!

Jurgen Daly
9 Oct 2021 7:48AM

Are there French beavers in the bridge of Allan?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1266 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:54 pm

It's becoming ever more widely know that her Married life is a sexless sham, that she has a French Girlfriend and, of course, is an utter hypocrite.

Other questions remain, like were she required to organise a drinks party in a distillery, how would she cope?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1267 Post by Woody » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:55 am

Aberdonians splashing their cash around :-o
One of the proposed locations for a 4.5-tonne (4,500kg) statue of footballer Denis Law has been ruled out because of its weight.
Aberdeen City Council had agreed the tribute would be set near the newly-refurbished Provost Skene's House.
But Councillor Marie Boulton said it could not go directly outside because it was too heavy to be placed on top of an underground carpark.
BBC Scotland understands it will now be placed in a nearby pedestrianised area.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1268 Post by Woody » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:28 am

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1269 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:29 am

She has the Shitas touch, a mutation of the Midas touch.

Name it, she can fcuk it up.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1270 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:37 am

Does this look like an epidemic which is under control?

The WHO criterion for a pandemic out of control is a 7 day averaged rate of 50 per 100,000 population.

Next week there will be 25,000 "delegates" from all over the world coming to the most infected country in Western Europe. A very high proportion of them will have Diplomatic Immunity, an immunity which no virus will respect, but will render the delegate immune from law enforcement. No way of enforcing testing or quarantine on a diplomat. Being a UN gig, all official delegates will have the usual UN diplomatic immunity. They will rub shoulders with non-diplomats and the consequences are really quite predictable. Remember the explosion in infection rates in the US after those election conventions?

I hope I'm not the only one who can see that this insane idea of holding COP26 in Glasgow under these circumstances is utter madness.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1271 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:56 am

More Eco-lunacy.
In Scotland some subjects are exempt from common sense, particularly if they are part of the FMs Hobby Horse.

So anything Gay, anything Trans, wimmins rights, anything Eco.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1272 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:20 am

Woody wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:28 am
Krankie strikes again :((

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59034619
So 550 were refused admission because they didn't have the vaccine passports. My wife and I both downloaded our vaccine passports to our mobiles without any problem. I really hate to defend Krankie as I'm no fan of hers but I'm not sure how 550 being refused admission because they didn't have proof of vaccination is down to her. The 550 have had since 1st October to get themselves sorted out and they have failed to do so. No vaccine passport, no admission. Simples.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1273 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:06 pm

Charlie.
I'd agree with you but for one tiny detail:

Being jabbed does not stop you getting the lergy, or passing it on!

So what is the point?

A guy here had Covid after getting jabbed- I'd say he is 60+ and a bit chunky. He said "it was awful. I wanted to die'.

All these 'passports' do is stop some people doing some things.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1274 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:16 pm

Those that don't see the point don't comply. Freedom of choice. Just don't expect to gain entry to places in Scotland that require proof of vaccination. All the passports do is stop those who haven't been vaccinated mixing with those that have. Maybe your guy who got Covid would have died if he hadn't been vaccinated. Who knows. Life is a lottery - I'm all for getting as many possible winning tickets as possible.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1275 Post by FD2 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:27 am

I think the idea of rewarding people who take the right actions is a sensible one as long as they can manage to download and use an app on their phones. =p~

In New Zealand there is a sizeable part of the population, especially in the north, that is vaccine resistant, probably due to reading scare stories on social media. They will soon be prevented from taking internal flights and lose other benefits, and about time too.

The SNP seems to have come across an intractable problem in Glasgow though, which is hosting COP26, but is still described as a ***** heap despite having had two years warning to prepare. Now I know why - it's all Margaret Thatcher's fault - and that will take at least 300 years to fix as it is now set in granite. It's a sad indictment of a once proud city and Scotland's industrial powerhouse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eader.html

Glasgow's rat problem is Margaret Thatcher's fault, claims 'delusional' SNP council leader (despite the Tory leader leaving office in 1990 and having been in the job herself for four years)

Susan Aitken blamed Margaret Thatcher for Glasgow's rat-infested streets
Conservatives branded the SNP council leader 'delusional' for her remarks
World leaders from 120 countries will descend on Glasgow for Cop26 on Sunday
Nicola Sturgeon has called for the highest-emitting nations to urgently 'step up'
Glasgow council leader denied rubbish collectors needed care for rat attacks

By Jack Wright For Mailonline

Published: 11:34 AEDT, 26 October 2021 | Updated: 12:12 AEDT, 26 October 2021

The SNP leader of Glasgow has been branded 'delusional' after she blamed Margaret Thatcher for the city's rat-infested streets.

Susan Aitken clashed with MPs while being questioned on preparations for the Cop26 climate summit that will be held in Glasgow from Sunday by Westminster's Scottish Affairs Committee yesterday.

There are mounting fears Cop26 will be blighted by industrial action, with Scotrail staff and Glasgow's bin workers currently due to strike in a potential humiliation for the UK on the world stage.

World leaders from 120 countries will soon descend on Glasgow - but Scotland's second city is blighted by rubbish and fly-tipping as well as some of the UK's highest poverty, drug death and crime rates.

In an evidence session with the Scottish Affairs Committee, Scottish Tory leader Douglas Ross asked Ms Aitken: 'You have been widely ridiculed across the UK for saying that Glasgow only needs a ''spruce up'' and is not actually filthy. Do you regret any of your previous comments?'

Ms Aitken stood by her remarks before insisting that Mrs Thatcher, the former prime minister who left office more than 30 years ago and died in 2013, was responsible for the 'challenges' facing Scotland's second city.

She then sought to downplay fears over the city's 'filthy' state, claiming 'all cities have rats' but admitting to 'possibly two' occasions in which council workers had been hospitalised after 'small incidents' with rats.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1276 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:18 am

https://www.scotsman.com/news/crime/sho ... us-3353244

It was the Prescott Tax which triggered the fly-tipping 'industry'. It started at £7 per tonne to dump legally at land-fill sites. It's now £96.70 per tonne. A fully loaded tipper wagon can make £1,000 per sortie. It's no longer just the Pikeys who are doing it. It's big business.

It woz Two Jags John Prescott wot dunnit. **** to do with Attila the Hen.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1277 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:19 am

Charlie.
When I said 'What's the point', I meant 'what's the point of Covid passports?' Not 'what's the point of being jabbed!'.

Yes, I think my chum would likely have snuffed it had he not been jabbed. I'm all in favour of the jab and I've been done myself.

But, since the jab doesn't stop you getting Covid, or passing it on- please tell me what's achieved by the passport?
Apart, of course, from making people a little bit more compliant....

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1278 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:38 am

since the jab doesn't stop you getting Covid, or passing it on- please tell me what's achieved by the passport?
A seatbelt doesn't stop you from getting killed, but we do require that you wear them in cars and in aircraft.

Vaccination saved millions of lives in previous epidemics. It'll save millions of lives, and save tens millions of others from the misery of long Covid in this one.

Don't bicker, just get vaccinated. Put your big boy trousers on and get jagged. It really doesn't hurt.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1279 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Thanks for the advice Plum, I was pfizered months ago.

I think what you are trying to say is that it's ok for the state to blackmail people to get the jab, and if vaccine passports help get the numbers up, then good.

Or have I misunderstood you?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1280 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:27 pm
Thanks for the advice Plum, I was pfizered months ago.

I think what you are trying to say is that it's ok for the state to blackmail people to get the jab, and if vaccine passports help get the numbers up, then good.

Or have I misunderstood you?
Why don't you immolate yourself, using whisky as the fuel, like a bibulous Scottish monk, outside the local British embassy in fervent pursuit of personal freedom... =)) :p ;)))

Don't do that! I look forward to meeting you some day, and sharing a goodly number of drams and then falling out, badly, like the best of friends always do! ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."