Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#801 Post by CharlieOneSix » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:08 am

20210301_090534.jpg
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#802 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:14 am

"It's alright Wee Nicki, I'll see ya ok."
wee n.png
wee n.png (266.56 KiB) Viewed 689 times
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#803 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:18 am

That bloody woman can talk the hind leg of a donkey - and she had five donkeys on that Committee to work on.

One of the two Convenors really should have put a stop to that rhetorical device Krankie endlessly used of putting forward her own self-serving 'question' and then waffling and piffling in response to her to pseudo-qeustion. They should have said "Listen, Bitch. In this room we ask the questions, not you."

I now think that the only way that the Whitewash Committee can undisgrace itself is by recalling Salmond to let him rebut her gobshite. It was so **** obvious that she was lying and there's no-one of God's Earth who is so well briefed on her lies and on the Truth which she is trying to cover up. I know that it is she, not he, who is effectively on trial in that fake Hearing, but in the specific circumstances he really ought to be given the last word.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#804 Post by om15 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:02 am

Whilst the First Minister can't recall whether she is a liar or not, her dim witted snot gobbling supporters are over joyed at her highly successful PR performance yesterday.

Scotland appears doomed, we now have a part of the UK that has less political probity than the Congo.

The press in Scotland also seem to be part of the cult, barely reporting what is obvious to the rest of the world.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#805 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:15 pm

om15 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:02 am
Whilst the First Minister can't recall whether she is a liar or not, her dim witted snot gobbling supporters are over joyed at her highly successful PR performance yesterday.

Scotland appears doomed, we now have a part of the UK that has less political probity than the Congo.

The press in Scotland also seem to be part of the cult, barely reporting what is obvious to the rest of the world.

:YMAPPLAUSE:

Yup, we're ****.

I shoulda taken up Norwegian citizenship when I could.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#806 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:57 pm

The Spectator has a coupla good pieces:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the ... gal-advice

and;

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the ... devolution

If your browser tells you that you already know too much, either use one of your other browsers, else clear your cookies.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#807 Post by 1DC » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:30 pm

That objectionable woman is so confidant that she has got away with it that she had a grin on her face like a Cheshire Cat in the Scottish Parliament today, apologies to the cat.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#808 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:50 pm

1DC wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:30 pm
That objectionable woman is so confidant that she has got away with it that she had a grin on her face like a Cheshire Cat in the Scottish Parliament today, apologies to the cat.
The ****q, that smiles and smirks.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#809 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:18 pm

If wee Jimmy comes out of this unscathed, then there really is something rotten in the state of Scotia.

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#810 Post by CremeEgg » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:35 pm

I've no doubt she will - in fairness to her she tried every defence in the book including a heavy reliance on the great shock and personal turmoil in having to re-think everything she knew about an old friend. A very theatrical performance choking back the tears. The convener had (deliberately??) terrible control. At the start of the final 30 mins she says there are three more questioners. She then proceeds to let the first ramble for 20 mins and the second for about 8 minutes leaving the final questioner a few minutes. There is an art to chairing meetings fairly which she ably demonstrated she doesn't have. No wonder wee Jimmy was imitating a cat today.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#811 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:17 pm

As a native Scot, I'm glad to have Foxtrot Oscar'd a few years ago.
Hopefully I'll have a few more weeks in my native land before I die, but live there....why?

It's turned into a fcuking madhouse.

As a small c conservative. A man who believes in the old Protestant work ethic, Scotland seems like an alien planet.

Obsessed with issues I won't even bother repeating, but devoid of the attitude- purged even, that made us a tough minded bunch.

Poor show.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#812 Post by om15 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:33 am

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#813 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Oh! The irony.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#814 Post by om15 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:13 pm

In a statement, Mr Swinney said: “This addresses the unfounded and unfair criticism that the Scottish Government was seeking to suppress information about advice received during November 2018.

“I am completely clear that these documents, taken in their entirety, utterly disprove the conspiracy theory that the Scottish Government delayed the concession of the judicial review or ignored advice from counsel, or that there was a plot against Mr Salmond.

“These documents demonstrate that the case became unstateable in late December and the Scottish Government conceded quickly afterwards in early January.

“The Scottish Government has now disclosed all of the formal written advice notes received from external Counsel during the judicial review which we have identified, as well as a number of other relevant previously legally privileged documents.

“I trust that when reading these documents in full, the public will have confidence that these allegations are simply not supported by the evidence.”
That's it then, the accused are telling us that they are innocent, despite concrete evidence to the contrary. This breathtaking dishonesty would leave Goebbels stunned.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#815 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:31 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:14 am
"It's alright Wee Nicki, I'll see ya ok."
wee n.png
Linda Fabiani never should have been allowed to be Convenor.

In 2009 Salmond sacked her as Cabinet Minister after she'd been little more than a year in that office. It was totally predictable that she'd harbour a grudge against him.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#816 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:57 pm

So, no bias or prejudices there then.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#817 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:47 pm

Some more of the held back documents have appeared on the 'Wings over Scotland' site. Click on "Carry on Regardless".

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#818 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:56 pm

That should be "Plough on Regardless". mea culpa.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#819 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 pm

https://wingsoverscotland.com/plough-on-regardless/

I loved Campbell's translations of the legalese jargon:

>>>>
Para 2: “Anxious consideration” translates from lawyerspeak to “Jesus Christ look at the total f*cking mess you’ve made, you incompetent shower of chimp-shagging morons”.

Para 11: Lawyerspeak translation: “You’ve dropped us right in it here, you cretins.”

Para 14: Translation: “No way are we trying to sell this blind crippled pony to the court.”

Paras 18 & 20: Translation: “You absolute dicks.”

Paras 26 & 28: Translation: “The Permanent Secretary has been lying to us about what she knew.”

Para 31: Translation: “If you go ahead with this case, you will definitely lose.”

Para 31 cont: Translation: “Seriously, you are absolutely screwed. Concede now, you idiots.”

Para 32: Translation: “We want to make absolutely certain that the First Minister herself, in person, is aware of how absolutely hopeless this case is before we take instructions to carry on to the bitter and hopeless end.”

Email 22 Dec 2018: (What this means, of course, is that if the Scottish Government hadn’t been hiding key evidence from its own counsel for months the whole thing would have collapsed much earlier. The case had in fact ALWAYS been unstatable, but the government’s lawyers didn’t have all the information they needed to know that.)

Stuart Campbell goes on to summarise:

So just to recap on counsel’s advice to its client:

31 OCTOBER (quote): “It makes little sense to continue to defend the indefensible”

17 DECEMBER (translated): “Your case is now so bad that we would be entitled to walk away, and we cannot see any possible benefit to you carrying on that outweighs the disastrous repercussions of doing so, but if you really insist then we’ll reluctantly continue because it hasn’t yet quite reached the point where it would be a serious breach of professional conduct on our part to keep taking your money.”

22 DECEMBER (translated): “Your case has finally moved from nearly-unstatable to actually unstatable. If we were to carry on representing you we would be tarred and feathered and chased out of town by an angry mob of other lawyers and judges. Concede now before you ruin our careers, you absolute tools.”

28 DECEMBER (translated): “What f*cking part of f*cking ‘concede now or we quit’ didn’t you f*cking understand, you f*cking arseholes?”

We think it’s fair to say, readers, that we can see why the Scottish Government has fought tooth and nail for many months to stop this legal advice being made public, and why it especially didn’t want it made public before Nicola Sturgeon gave evidence to the inquiry. We’ll leave you to ponder on its possible impact.
<<<<

My own (Plum) comment:
It's abundantly clear why the coverup schemers delayed publication of that document until after Madame had the last word. The legal advice turns out to have been very exactly as Salmond described so fluently and so honestly in his day of testimony. He spoke truthfully. Wolffe and Sturgeon did not.

If Sturgeon, Wolffe and Evans, inter alia, had a shred of decency, they would have resigned immediately after publication of that advice document. If the pygmy parliament was properly established and honestly run, then those arseholes would have run out of office and criminal proceedings carefully considered against them.

With the current structures of governance, Scotland is not fit to be a stand-alone State.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#820 Post by om15 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:45 am