Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#941 Post by Magnus » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 am

There was an interesting book about the "bastard verdict" in the law library where I worked for a few years. When the Covid shackles are removed, I might pop in to borrow it and read it in more detail. Scots law allowed a verdict of proven or not proven until the hard of thinking wanted guilty or not guilty. Not proven appears to have fallen through the cracks.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#942 Post by Ibbie » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:52 am

Tizer should be returned to Manchester and brewed there and only there, to it's original formula.

What AG Barr have done to it is criminal.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#943 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:07 pm

Ibbie wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:52 am
Tizer should be returned to Manchester and brewed there and only there, to it's original formula.

Cumbernauld always depresses me, reminds me too much of tax, and it is surely apt that such a town should taint a Tizer!

Cumbernauld
Cumbernauld is the only Scottish town to be labelled “Scotland’s most dismal town” twice.

The town centre was described as “the Kabul of the North” in 2001, with particular derision reserved for the town’s shopping centre, described as “a rabbit warren on stilts”.

Four years later when the town scooped the award for a second time, a spokesperson for the panel noted that if anything the town had declined further still.

“If anything, the addition of a new Tesco’s, which hasn’t been integrated into the existing street plan, has made the town worse.”
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#944 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:31 pm

Magnus wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 am
in the law library where I worked for a few years.
That might be the Advocate's Library. Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous internal architecture in that place.

What a lovely working environment!

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#945 Post by om15 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:01 am

Despite a formal Police investigation being launched over a whistle blower report of financial embezzlement by SNP leadership, ( both Sturgeon and Murrel have been interviewed) the newspapers in Scotland are silent on the subject.
Scotland is rotten to the core and the sooner either the SNP are voted out, or Scotland leaves the UK the better.

Sturgeon is out of control, if she is voted back in then Boris should start expulsion proceedings, the UK shouldn't have to put up with these bellends any longer.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/justice-s ... ore-128756

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#946 Post by tango15 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:31 am

Ibbie wrote:

Likewise Boddingtons. There was a good reason why the brewery was sited there, ie because of the high quality of water available from underground.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#947 Post by tango15 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:37 am

tango15 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:31 am
Ibbie wrote:

Likewise Boddingtons. There was a good reason why the brewery was sited there, ie because of the high quality of water available from underground.
But back on the main theme, I spent a lot of time in Scotland in the 70s and had a lot of good friends there. I love the country and its people and I am paticularly sad to see the way things are going. Whilst I don't always agree with Craig Murray's opinions, I find a lot of his blogs very insightful. I just wonder how long it will be before Scotland is twinned with North Korea The Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#948 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:55 am

om15 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:01 am
Despite a formal Police investigation being launched over a whistle blower report of financial embezzlement by SNP leadership, ( both Sturgeon and Murrel have been interviewed) the newspapers in Scotland are silent on the subject.
Scotland is rotten to the core and the sooner either the SNP are voted out, or Scotland leaves the UK the better.

Sturgeon is out of control, if she is voted back in then Boris should start expulsion proceedings, the UK shouldn't have to put up with these bellends any longer.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/justice-s ... ore-128756
We already know that Polizei Schottland is very tightly controlled by der Führer. Any leakage beyond the panty hems of Jeanette K will be dismissed as "conspiracy theories". The thoroughly corrupted halls of Chambers Street will fold their arms and airily turn their noses up at the smell of *****.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#949 Post by Magnus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:48 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:31 pm
Magnus wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 am
in the law library where I worked for a few years.
That might be the Advocate's Library. Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous internal architecture in that place.

What a lovely working environment!
I was at the opposite end of the building (just behind Braidwood's statue), in the Judges' Library. You're right about the Advocates' library, though; fantastic place. The librarians there also look after Sir Walter Scott's library in Abbotsford House.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#950 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:36 pm

Magnus wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:48 pm
You're right about the Advocates' library, though; fantastic place.
Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. One really has to be be there to experience what I'm saying.

Actually, I usually go there for a free piss. l would usually use the bog on the opposite side of the crossroads of the road in the pub that celebrates the carpenter/lockmaker guy. Having a beer there in order to have a pee tends to be a somewhat circular circuit, though. A widdle at the back of that staircase under the Advocate's Library is a touch'n' go thing. Much more satisfactory and practical.

Pissing at lawyers' expense, without having to pay the bastards, always feels good.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#951 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:45 pm

Did I mention the ffrench tart? Her ffrenchnness works there, closeby. She's unofficially engaged to Wee Jimmy Krankie.

Did I say that before? Will I go to Saughton for having said so?

Is stating such matters of love nowadays a "hate" crime under the new Jockanese law?

Or must it it forever be a permaSecret?

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#952 Post by 1DC » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:27 pm

How does wee Krankie control all of the newspapers, surely they aren't all SNP supporters?

ribrash

#953 Post by ribrash » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:42 pm

Now I don,t reside north of the border,so I ask my self why should I worry about Jimmy and her mug runching friends.Whatever she does or says will have no effect on my life as far as I can see.I can,t understand why so many here are in the same position as myself but work themselves into a foaming frenzy over nothing that really concerns them.Crack on and enjoy your easter egg.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#954 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:50 pm

Our Nicola is obsessed with sex.

She needs a right good fcuking, but that's the last thing she wants.

Democracy is a good thing, but the Devils' in the details.....

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#955 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:03 pm

A proppa good shagging is wot she needs. so she's passed a Law against such a thing.

It's a "hate" crime, apparently.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#956 Post by FD2 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:04 pm

The ongoing predictions about Scotland's finances if independence ever happens seem to suggest that there will be a very steep rise in taxes once the Westminster money tap is turned off in order to support a continuing annual deficit. No doubt the SNP will try and persuade their supporters that the EU would look after them and ignore any annoying questions such as whether they would even be able to join the EU independently and what currency they would use. What a very sad picture has been appearing in the developing tray over the last few years.

I think that if I still lived in Scotland I'd be thinking of heading south, or at least making plans, just in case...I couldn't think of worse recipients for my hard earned savings than this bunch of shysters.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#957 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:13 pm

Wurr fukkt, collectively.

It's a wee bit like the left-hand lever in a helicochopter: lift it gently when as appropriately necessary. Smooothly so. So so smooth.

Otherwise: Haul the fukkin thing into your sweaty armpit as hard as you damn can and say nice things to your favourite god while you stir your porridge with your feet and mix many ingrediences with your cyclic wanking hand in a furious manner, as you do.

Then expect things to go wrong, 'cos they will.

It's that sort of thing.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#958 Post by Magnus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:42 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:03 pm
A proppa good shagging is wot she needs. so she's passed a Law against such a thing.

It's a "hate" crime, apparently.
Well, I'd hate to be the one to do it.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#959 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:18 am

ribrash wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:42 pm
Now I don,t reside north of the border,so I ask my self why should I worry about Jimmy and her mug runching friends.Whatever she does or says will have no effect on my life as far as I can see.I can,t understand why so many here are in the same position as myself but work themselves into a foaming frenzy over nothing that really concerns them.Crack on and enjoy your easter egg.
I was talking to a councillor on one of the East Midlands District Councils just before the Indyref1 and she and her fellow councillors were hoping for a "Yes" vote. That would have meant an end of the Barnett Formula resulting in that funding becoming available to English councils to the benefit of local services, including your own area.

If some of that extra 30% funding per head of population that goes north of Berwick, came in Lincolnshire's or Liverpool's direction instead, some of the potholes in local roads might be filled*. Maybe the English should start shouting a bit louder to let Krankie have her way.

Binning the Barnett Formula would be a good first step.

* any other under-funded areas also apply.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#960 Post by larsssnowpharter » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:35 am

Couldn't we have a referendum in England and just ask the inhabitants if they still wanted the Scots in the Union?