Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#1381 Post by barkingmad » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:45 pm

The door shortening is further evidence of Wee Krankie's obvious insanity and the onwards creep of the absolute power syndrome affecting both her and her Reichfuehrer sister in NZ.

Plum, I'm glad you spelt the adverb 'mensuration' correctly as I thought for one awful moment we might get into the inevitable Politically Correct LGBTQIA+XYZ arguments over the correct pronoun to use when describing the "fairer sex" ? !

O M G, I've just used a term which is probably forbidden under current guidelines/rules/diktats/papal bulls*** !

Just a quick question, does Irn Bru cause flatulence and if so will the emissions follow the heavier CO2 path or the lighter methane path? =))

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1382 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:51 pm

The Fire Brigades have condemned Sturgeons plan to cut a couple of inches off school doors as they say it will help the spread of smoke and flames in the event of a fire. As an opposition politician said today "She should have consulted Fireman Sam before instructing Bob The Builder. :))
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1383 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:15 pm

I see that they've budgeted £300 per sawcut.

Let's see: five minutes to unship the door; four minutes to do the cut (measure twice & cut once) and to buff the sawn surface; six minutes to replace the door. Four an hour on an eight hour shift = 32 doors * £300 = £9,600 split between two chippies = a dayrate of £4,800 each.

Nice work if you can get it. Party members only need apply. Cousins of SNP MSPs will be given priority of course.

By how much will the fire insurance premiums rise?

Are the head teachers indemnified against being prosecuted for culpable homicide charges if there's a school fire tragedy?

Were the CO2 detectors interlinked before the Jan31 deadline?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1384 Post by om15 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:55 am

Most of the nonsense happening in Scotland has been ignored south of the border, but with the SNP promising Scots the earth at our expense more commentators are looking at events vey closely. With a tame and supine media pandering to the leftie woke rubbish it is rare to have a news report that does bluntly state the facts.

Here is one,

I hope there will be more of these news reports, the SNP has been enjoying their propaganda for too long.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1385 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:51 pm

Most of that stuff was done to death in 2013/4.

The national pension scheme in the UK is totally unlike the normal arrangement of a proper pension.

In a real pension or life assurance scheme, the monthly premium is paid into an investment fund which benefits from the power of compounding over a period of four or five or six or more decades. Compound interest, which is how long term investment schemes like pensions are funded, was described by Albert Einstein as the most powerful force in Nature.

The UK national pension scheme was devised at the end of WW2 when the UK was financially flattened. There was no dosh to make it work other than day to day. In other words, they had to pay the pension each week or month with the takings of National Insurance levies in that week or month. There was no interest or compound interest to accumulate as there was no actual fund other than the daily takings of NIC which is nothing other than a parallel Income Tax.

There never was a national pension fund.

A severed Scotland would therefore have no share in a non-existent pension fund. It would have had to do as the UK did in 1947: ie start from scratch and pay pensions day by day out of taxes levied day by day.

With a much smaller tax base than the UK, Scotland would have had to tax the bejasus out of wage earners to pay a much smaller national pension than we have now.

Such a steep tax increase would quite certainly have crossed the inflexion point of the Laffer Curve and would have become unsustainable within very few months as so many people would have arranged their financial affairs in such a way as to make sure that they were beneficiaries rather than funders of of the social security system. The Scottish economy would have turned from a downward spiral into an oscillating inverted spin. Practically impossible to recover from, even with competent intervention which would be extremely improbable to emerge in the nick of time.

We, in Scotland, would have been very severely **** if we'd have cut ourselves off from the the UK which we Scots created. I, personally, would have **** off to St Kitts or New Zealand or somewhere else that is a nice place to live and has a reasonable government and mostly decent weather, if the IndyRef had gone bad.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1386 Post by FD2 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:56 pm

20 - 17 at Murrayfield. Well done Scotland! :YMPARTY: :YMAPPLAUSE:

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1387 Post by om15 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:04 pm

Pinched from arrse,
1644074971156.png

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1388 Post by FD2 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:19 pm

I see the Scottish victory is, as usual, all because of errors made by the English team. ;))) I expect it was all Boris Johnson's fault anyway. :-bd

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1389 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:31 pm

FD2 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:19 pm
I see the Scottish victory is, as usual, all because of errors made by the English team. I expect it was all Boris Johnson's fault anyway. :-bd
Well done Scotland...

With one, or was it two proud Saffer Scotsmen in the fray too !

We are all mercenaries these days...

Oli Kebble, Dylan Richardson, Pierre Schoeman, Kyle Steyn and Duhan van der Merwe :-bd

Given that the strongest man in the world, last year was a Scotsman, ye wee Englishmen should quake in your wee boots... =))

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-57553017

FD2, I am only teasing you, a good English New Zealander, in a land colonised by the meanest of Scots... ^:)^ ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1390 Post by barkingmad » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:51 pm

The last I heard about Wee Krankie was that she was whingeing about not getting adequate notice from Westmonster about the Pig Dictator’s move to ‘liberate’ England.

So what was all that devolved guvvment and independence from the source of Jockistan’s funding all about?

I digress, she seems to finally have been stung by the cruelty to children issue so has released them from the constrictions of face nappies, for which as we have all known for years there is NO MEDICAL EVIDENCE in favour of such sadism.

Lastly, why does she need false eyelashes at work, what or whom is she trying to excite with this facial visual signal? :ymsick:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1391 Post by barkingmad » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:38 pm

Alas it gets worse, all I can do now is to offer dinner, an excellent selection of malts, bed & breakfast to those Jockistan refugees fleeing southwards.

Easy if you take the east route via A1 or A68, otherwise those from the western edges need to divert via Longtown and Brampton then A69 onto A68.

For how much longer will the inhabitants of Kim IL Sturge-On’s one-party state tolerate this wee curmudgeon?

Otherwise stay up there and expel the dictator, as you so valiantly tried to expel the Sassenachs a few decades ago?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1392 Post by barkingmad » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:57 am

Upon espying the new word “Scovid”, it sounded like the sort of condition for which one might be attending the STI clinic, possibly aggravated by wearing a coarse weave Harris Tweed kilt IAW the standard rig which permits no underwear;

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/c ... sp-3568909

What a disappointment it was on realising it was a psychiatric condition affecting most of the feudal leaders in Jockistan!

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1393 Post by Ibbie » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:57 am

[There never was a national pension fund./quote]

It has always been a Ponzi scheme.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1394 Post by FD2 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:56 pm

BBC’s Sarah Smith: Scottish nationalists hurled sexist abuse at me for doing my job https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... abuse-job/

Corporation’s former Scotland editor opens up about the ‘bile, hatred and misogyny’ she faced while covering the country’s politics

By Daniel Sanderson, Scottish Correspondent 17 February 2022 • 1:57pm

Sarah Smith said she worried that the ‘criticism, bile and hatred that I attract from some quarters is damaging the reputation of the BBC’. Credit: Richard Ansett for The Telegraph

A BBC journalist has been targeted with a fresh wave of online abuse from Scottish nationalists after opening up about the “bile, hatred and misogyny” she faced while reporting on the country’s politics.

Sarah Smith, who was the corporation’s Scotland editor between 2016 and last November, revealed that she had suffered “vitriolic” attacks while doing her job including being called a “f------ lying b----” in the street.

The Edinburgh-born 53-year-old, who is the daughter of John Smith, the late Labour leader, spoke of her “relief” at leaving her home country behind for a job as the BBC’s North America editor, where she said she would be “gloriously anonymous”.

She said that people would “roll their car windows down as they drive past me in the street to ask me, ‘What f------ lies you’re going to be telling on TV tonight, you f------ lying b----?’”

Ms Smith said she worried that the “criticism, bile and hatred that I attract from some quarters is damaging the reputation of the BBC”.

She added that her critics often claimed not to watch the BBC or pay the licence fee, “but seem to know an enormous amount about what I say and do on television and on the radio nonetheless”.

Her comments, in an interview for a BBC-sponsored study on how UK broadcasters had covered the Covid-19 pandemic in a multinational state, provoked a series of further attacks on Thursday morning questioning her impartiality and integrity.

‘Famous only because of family connections’

They echoed much of the abuse which she said she had encountered while covering Scotland, including that she was biased against Scottish independence, was a traitor and that she had become successful only because of her family connections.

Others suggested she had lied about her experiences of abuse and that her father, who died in 1994, would have been ashamed of her had he still been alive.

Alex Cole-Hamilton, the leader of the Scottish Liberal Democrats, said it was “disturbing” that one of Scotland’s most prominent journalists felt compelled to leave the country due to “hatred and misogyny”.

“I was saddened but unsurprised to see that after Sarah spoke out, she received another wave of nationalist abuse,” he added.

“If Nicola Sturgeon and Angus Robertson are serious about their commitment to public service broadcasting, perhaps they should condemn this behaviour and agree to stop fanning anti-BBC sentiment within their movement.

“Sadly, I suspect that as long as the broadcaster refuses to unquestioningly parrot nationalist nonsense, the SNP will always have a problem with the BBC.”

Rocky relationship between BBC and nationalists

The BBC regularly comes under attack from supporters of independence over claims of bias. A protest was staged outside its Scottish headquarters in the days leading up to the 2014 referendum after Alex Salmond was embroiled in a row with Nick Robinson, the BBC’s political editor at the time.

Crowds demanded his sacking and nationalists gathered again outside BBC Scotland’s offices in Sep 2020 to protest against proposals to scale back coverage of Ms Sturgeon’s coronavirus briefings.

Following Ms Smith’s comments, Mr Salmond’s Alba Party described the BBC as “the chosen instrument of Better Together scaremongering” and urged a boycott of the licence fee.

Ms Smith, in an interview with Rhys Evans, the study’s author and the head of corporate affairs and public policy at BBC Wales, said that she believed her gender was an “aggravating factor” behind the abuse she received.

She said that she also suffered from the “misogynistic” view that she must hold the same political beliefs as her father.

“He was a very well-known politician. He was a unionist. People like to therefore assume that my politics must be the same as my father’s despite me being, one, a different person, and him having been dead for [nearly] 27 years.”

Reporters from other networks reveal abuse

Other Scottish journalists also told of the abuse they had received for reporting on the country.

Peter Smith, the Scotland Correspondent for ITV News, said he had been accused of having “sold his soul to the devil” and believed there was a deliberate campaign to “put pressure on journalists in Scotland on the constitutional question”.

He said that most of the abuse came from the pro-independence side, but that he had also suffered “absolutely horrendous” abuse from unionists. However, he suspected that he suffered less abuse because he was male.

Ciaran Jenkins, the Scotland correspondent for Channel 4 News, told how he was called “vile”, “a f------ moron” and a “nasty little rat” after an election interview with Ms Sturgeon and was told to “go home” to Wales after questioning the First

Minister at a press briefing.

James Dornan, an SNP MSP, reacted to Ms Smith’s claims by suggesting that she had imagined the abuse directed at her.

In response to a news story about her comments, he tweeted: “America would be the go-to place to escape all her imaginary woes then” and added a rolling eyes emoji.

An SNP spokesman said: “The abuse that Sarah Smith has outlined is sadly all too familiar. We know that abuse and threatening behaviour like this is also far worse for women.

“There is absolutely no place for sexism and misogyny in Scotland and we all should be able to go to work without fear of threats and intimidation. To make Scotland a better place for everyone, we must all stand together in calling out and challenging this unacceptable, toxic abuse.”

Weasel words as usual. :ymsick:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1395 Post by barkingmad » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:18 pm

Jockistan no longer will publish figures relating to the “plague” as some are reading official information as devious untruths and dodgy ‘science’;

NOTICE OF CHANGE

“From February 16th 2022, Public Health Scotland (PHS) will no longer report COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths by vaccination status on a weekly basis. PHS will continue to provide updates from the latest scientific analyses and reports on the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines. An explanation behind this decision can be found below.

Since July 2021, Public Health Scotland (PHS) have [sic] reported COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths by vaccination status in the weekly COVID-19 statistical report. These data were first published to help monitor the impact of the vaccination programme on the pandemic, impact on the NHS, and to help understand where to prioritise vaccination delivery. While PHS has stated that the data in the report should not be used as a measure of vaccine effectiveness, PHS is aware of inappropriate use and misinterpretation of the data when taken in isolation without fully understanding the limitations described below.

Due to the increasing risk of misinterpretation from growing complexities as the COVID-19 pandemic enters its second year (as described below), PHS has taken the decision to no longer report COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations and deaths by vaccination status on a weekly basis. PHS is currently reviewing the content and frequency of reporting this information. PHS will continue to communicate up to date and high quality research on COVID-19 vaccines. Evidence suggests the COVID-19 vaccine is effective at reducing the risk of a severe outcome, such as hospitalisation when infected, however no vaccine is 100% effective and some COVID-19 hospitalisations and deaths may still occur, particularly in vulnerable populations. PHS, in collaboration with partners such as the EAVE II consortium, will continue supporting comprehensive scientific studies evaluating the risks and reasons for severe COVID-19 in vaccinated populations and will communicate its findings as and when appropriate.“

Translated might be taken as “Our measures so far have been f*ck all use in ‘controlling the virus’ so we’d better hide the stats in order to look less stupid”.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1396 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:57 pm

The WHO definition of an epidemic out of control is 50 per 100,000.

The figures are appalling and have been getting worse every day since the Jockistani (and UK) gumment abandoned the public health precautions and opened pubs and nightclubs and football terraces etc without restrictions.

Solution to the problem? Stop publishing the figures. Make it a criminal offence under The Official Secrets Act for anyone to leak the true figures. Keep the sheeple in the dark. Seemples.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1397 Post by barkingmad » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:50 am

Solution to the problem?

Stop “testing”.

Simples, it’s a casedemic and not a dangerous illness pandemic.

For the umpteenth time, WHAT IS A COVID CASE, by definition????!

Has the Covid1984 ‘plague’ not been removed from the UK HCID list?

Unless I’m misreading this guvvment publication, last updated 12 May 2021 .. :-?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-conseq ... eases-hcid

“As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK. There are many diseases which can cause serious illness which are not classified as HCIDs.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.”

IIRC March 2020 was when the pan(dem)ic really took off, so WTF was the last 2 years of 3 weeks to flatten the curve all about? ~X(

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1398 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:17 pm

The number of Covid cases hospitalised in Scotland is INcreasing, not decreasing.

The number of Covid cases in Scotland is INcreasing, not decreasing.

Fortunately, we have very few Covid-deniers and anti-vaxxers in Scotland. The US is replete with such ****, which is presumably why they''ve killed more than 800,000 so far and continue to kill even more day after day.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1399 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:52 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:17 pm
The number of Covid cases hospitalised in Scotland is INcreasing, not decreasing.

The number of Covid cases in Scotland is INcreasing, not decreasing.

Fortunately, we have very few Covid-deniers and anti-vaxxers in Scotland. The US is replete with such ****, which is presumably why they''ve killed more than 800,000 so far and continue to kill even more day after day.
You're selling us short UP. [-X
900,000+ and counting. :-o :ymsick: X(

PP

Seenenough

#1400 Post by Seenenough » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:25 pm

Has anyone ever bothered to wonder why the death rates caused by Covid in southern Africa are so much lower than those of Europe and America.