Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#1581 Post by Boac » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:09 am

I fail to be surprised - in this wonderful 'modern' world of 'gender re-assignment' it is more than possible for a 'male' to be pregnant. The Scottish services are merely reacting/coping with the SNP's doings.

I fear we just have to get used to it and fight our own little corners.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1582 Post by barkingmad » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:56 am

Headline from this morning’s Daily Torygraph;

“Women cannot have a penis, says Sunak”.

This statement immediately invoked the thought, in what’s left of my brain, that quite a few women could gain access to and the use of one, possibly as often as they wish, if only their attitude to the penis-carriers was more sociable, friendly and less hostile?

Recent sociological changes with the suggestion that ‘all men are rapists’ and other total bollocks (pun intended!), from what used to be regarded as extreme feminists, has resulted in a state of strife between the sexes which requires some intervention and maybe a negotiated truce.

Many young males these days are baffled by and wary of any approach to females which has given rise to some becoming Incels due to the minefield they are required to cross when it comes to the simple actions of dating.

The violent antics of what are known as ‘trans-activists’ is not helping in the battle of the sexes, which those of a certain age believed had been fought and settled some years ago but which has once agin erupted with different undercurrents.

Meanwhile, Humza Youseless is steering a dangerous path as he challenges Westminster with the legislative change which allegedly helped to depose his predecessor.

Are we in this thread prepared to place wagers on how long he will reign supreme in Jockland before he falls from grace and drives off into the sunset in the mobile home once this piece of ‘evidence’ is released for disposal by McPlod?

P S. Despite my posts on this thread, I love Jockland and most of it’s residents and natives, but like Ireland, it is a beautiful country which is ruined by a vocal and militant minority who need to be exported to the dusty plains of the USA.

Once there, they might STFU and assimilate until they’re ready to become POTUS and then return to wallow in nostalgia... =))

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1583 Post by OFSO » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:30 pm

Little girl sees her brother in the bath. "What's that between his legs, mummy? " she asks. Mummy says, "A penis".
"Can I have one, mummy? " asks the girl.
"I'm sure you will when you get older" says the mother, "and if you're friendly to boys, you might get quite a few".

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1584 Post by barkingmad » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:15 pm

Ooops ! I wish I hadn't said that;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-65293006

Open mouth, insert both feet, close mouth, 'ouch'!, what went wrong? :))

Maybe as it was a 'virtual meeting', the aforementioned finances were also 'virtual'? :-?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1585 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:22 pm

Interesting that someone should decide to both record the meeting, and keep the recording for two years.
Not surprising though, given that the audit committee had just been denied sight of the accounts. Clearly Wee Krankie doesn't understand the meaning of the word audit.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1586 Post by FD2 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:35 pm

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... eo-4106041

What a 'parcel of rogues' they are!

What has happened to the police 'formal probe' in July 2021? Still going nowhere or swept under the carpet?

For a good laugh, read the last paragraph!

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1587 Post by FD2 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:51 pm

WINDBAG ALERT!

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... rd-4105938

Again, the last paragraph is interesting. They've not been able to find new auditors in six months. I wonder why that might be...

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1588 Post by OFSO » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:47 pm

I see another arrest in the DNP hirearchy, treasurer I think.
Humza Useless has admitted that the situation "isn't ideal".

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1589 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:25 pm

Scotlandshire plod seem to be starting at the top of the hierarchy rather than at the lower levels.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1590 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:56 pm

Given that the books were apparently only even seen by 2 people, it would be impossible to arrest anyone other than those two people.
Naturally, I'm sure Peter Murrell lied to his wife in her capacity as Leader about what was in the books so it will be only two people. ;)))

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1591 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:39 pm

What about the auditors who signed off the accounts in previous years? They must have had sight of the books, Shirley?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1592 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:59 pm

I understand the auditors have not signed off the books for a while, and the SNP currently has no auditors since the last lot resigned. And the reason they resigned is probably because they discovered they'd been lied to previously (but no party will admit that, for assorted reasons), and this would also explain why they have been unable to find new auditors. Even most of the SNP's internal audit committee (which included the Lord Provost) resigned en masse because they weren't allowed to look at the books.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1593 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:42 pm

For those of you who need something to help you sleep, here are the SNP accounts for the year ending 31 December 2021

The auditors who resigned a few months ago, signed off these accounts.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1594 Post by Woody » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:05 am

When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1595 Post by OFSO » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:47 pm

A therapist was brought in by Edinburgh's Museum of Childhood over fears that discussing "life in Britain" would be too traumatic for members of staff and minority groups.

The hiring of the therapist came as part of a £250,000 UK-wide research project designed to explore “experiences of race, empire and migration.

It is alleged that the counsellor, which cost £1,800, was needed to offer support to 40 people from the Edinburgh Caribbean Association who were “exploring childhood experiences and issues of race”.

The themes were considered so upsetting at the Museum of Edinburgh that one participant claimed support was necessary because Britain was “a society that still operates on racism and colour.
It is alleged that the counsellor cost £1,800.
The therapist planned four “optional poetry therapy sessions” for staff and members of the group as well as “discussion sessions” to create a “safe space”.

Six other projects funded as part of the campaign, which have since been backed with a further £150,000 in taxpayers’ money, included researching people other than David Livingstone at the David Livingstone Birthplace Museum in Blantyre.

Despite being an influential abolitionist who was seen as helping to end the slave trade, Livingstone has recently been criticised for having worked as a child in a mill which used cotton from the West Indies to finance his university education.

The project at the museum dedicated to Livingstone hoped to “shift the narrative” away from “the man himself” and instead explore how “African peoples and countries” that he visited were “impacted by European exploration and colonialism”

The project was designed to fund “community-led collections-based research” with ethnic minority groups to “explore experiences of empire, migration and life in Britain”.

A total of seven museums participated in the scheme and recruited community members for projects.

Group tasks included creating a Spotify playlist, setting up a temporary exhibition about Caribbean life in Edinburgh and led “new acquisitions of dolls, books, artwork and magazines representing diversity in Britain.”

The therapist planned four 'optional poetry therapy sessions' for staff and members of the group as well as 'discussion sessions'Wiki Commons
A spokesperson for Edinburgh Council said: "As the project explored links between Britain and the Caribbean.

"It involved discussions about slavery, colonialism, racism and colourism

“The exhibition was included in the report as an example of best practice of creating safe spaces when working with groups affected by racism and showing duty of care to participants when discussing these issues.”

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1596 Post by barkingmad » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:59 pm

Nice one OFSO ! But I was devastated to observe there was no soft play area where these children could enjoy their time at the sessions without risking damage and the inevitable hurty feelings resulting from offenc-taking?

Back on Earth I just long for some brave politician, probably an oxymoron, to stand up and say “Enough! Stop this silliness” as per the Monty Python army officer who luckily could euthanise any scenario which had outlived its natural life;

:D :-bd :YMAPPLAUSE:

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1597 Post by FD2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:01 pm

Colin Beattie Quits as Party Treasurer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ounts.html

The Scottish National Party's treasurer has announced he is quitting the role amid a police probe into its accounts.

MSP Colin Beattie, 71, said he was 'stepping back' from the role and from a position on Holyrood's Public Audit Committee until the completion of the investigation.

He was held yesterday by detectives examining the whereabouts of more than £600,000 in donations earmarked for a second independence vote, and later released.

It comes amid fears that Nicola Sturgeon, who was first minister and party leader when the donations were made, could be next to face questioning by Police Scotland.

It puts more pressure on new leader Humza Yousaf, who has been under pressure to suspend the two men arrested.

This afternoon he said: 'I want to offer my thanks to Colin. I know that his decision to step back from the role of SNP National Treasurer will not have been an easy one, but he has done so in the best interest of the Party. A new Treasurer will be appointed as soon as possible.'

Scottish Labour deputy leader Jackie Baillie said: 'This is the right decision, made by the wrong man.

Hoping to get clear of the big fan in case some of it hits him?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1598 Post by Boac » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:12 pm

Actually, if you read the 'small print', he has not 'quit the role', merely 'stepped back'.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1599 Post by FD2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 pm

So no one is Treasurer now, until he chooses to reappear? How could his 'presence' as an active Treasurer get in the way of the investigations?

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1600 Post by Karearea » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:25 pm

FD2 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 pm
So no one is doing the accounts now?
Honesty-box?
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."