Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#1201 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:03 pm

Weekly infection rate to 27 Aug in East Dunbartonshire and North Lanarkshire: 1,174.

Isn't she doing well!

Keep the pubs and clubs open. Let's see just how fast the infection rate can get.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1202 Post by Boac » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Don't forget the on-going cry has been 'we want freedom'/'we've been locked-up for too long' etc etc. Just look at the 'fellow-travellers' of BM ranting on about 1984 and state control. Damned if they do and................

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1203 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:17 pm

As I understand it, and I may be wrong, the greatest infection risk at the mo' is from the under 25s. For reasons I don't understand, they tend to be the most resistant to the idea of being vaccinated.

They're also the group most likely to cram in to a rave or a club.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1204 Post by Boac » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:19 pm

And, no doubt, the ones probably shouting loudest. Also the ones least likely to die or require ICU through infection?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1205 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:52 pm

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1206 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:13 pm

Salmond is on manoeuvres.

He is in possession of heavily suppressed textual information which he is not allowed to divulge, even under Parliamentary Privilege in the Parliament chambers. He has already indicated that he will be bring civil legal action in such a way that it can be publically made known what is contained in those suppressed emails and texts, most importantly including the identity of the author and the recipients of such text as "We have lot a battle, but we will win the War" which was written after he was acquitted on all charges.

My regret is that so far he's not said a peep about Craig Murray being jailed for reporting some of what was said in open court during that trial.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1207 Post by FD2 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:29 pm

I hope Salmond has a 'cunning plan' to get Craig Murray out of jail or is at least keeping his powder dry.

Elsewhere in Scotland:

Sturgeon and her Bitch.png
Sturgeon and her Bitch.png (258.15 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Both at once, "But I thought you were my bitch."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/poli ... p-24867510

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1208 Post by FD2 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:29 am

MESSAGE FROM A GREATER SPECKLED TIT https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... n_with_ads

Why I'll never buy anything from Baxters ever again – Helen Martin

Throughout my life as a teenager and carrying on to my 50s, I often saw Christmas food hamper gifts containing Baxters soup, and other products.

By Helen Martin
Sunday, 22nd August 2021, 4:45 pm

Helen Martin has stopped buying goods from Baxters

They were recognised as high-quality tinned goods and many Scots felt proud of such a national producer.

What folk didn’t necessarily realise was that Baxters regarded itself as “British”. That became obvious when the now late Gordon Baxter donated £10,000 to Better Together in the lead-up to the 2014 Indy referendum. It was funding that supported Ruth Davidson’s campaign to encourage people to vote “No”.

In July 2020 Boris Johnson, in his mini “Scottish tour”, visited Baxters in Fochabers. He was trying to boost the UK now that he was knackering the economy with Brexit and particularly because, with our Scottish government election coming up in May 2021, he was trying to persuade people not to vote for the SNP.

Obviously that didn’t work, and what he did achieve was to encourage many Scots to avoid any goods from Baxters. Any company who welcomed Johnson could have been rejected.

Unfortunately, I made a terrible mistake a week ago. I bought a jar of tomato chutney. It was only when I put it in the cupboard at home, I saw it was Baxters.

It wasn’t until later when I read the news that Ruth Davidson had been appointed as a non-executive director at Baxters that the chutney went straight in the bin. I’ll never buy a Baxters item again.

They export around the world but I hope Brexit brings them a loss.

I hope your bigotry brings you grief you idiot. I don't like Bunter either but I wouldn't stop buying goods from a British company because of him. Get a life!

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1209 Post by FD2 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:36 am

World leading, highly qualified climate change scientist speaks. https://www.scotsman.com/news/environme ... e=hs_email

Greta Thunberg: Scotland 'not a world leader on climate change' says young activist ahead of COP26

Activist Greta Thunberg aged 18 has said she does not consider Scotland as a world leader when it comes to climate change ahead of COP26.
By Hannah Brown
Tuesday, 31st August 2021, 9:43 am

Swedish Brat.png
Swedish Brat.png (544.05 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Ahead of the COP26 conference in Glasgow in November, the 18-year-old campaigner added that some politicians were “less worse” than others when commenting on the Scottish Greens’ deal to enter government.

The Swedish campaigner told BBC Scotland she recognised some countries "do a bit more than others" but that none were coming close to what is necessary to properly tackle the climate crisis.

The remarks come after the Scottish government previously described its climate change legislation as "world-leading”.

That's Sturgeon's youth vote gone!

:)) =))

Rossian
Capt
Capt

Re: Chaos in Scotland.re vaccine certs......

#1210 Post by Rossian » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:10 pm

.....SWMBO and I have the paper chits which worked fine going to Madiera. Apparently from this Friday the certs will be issued with a QR code which should make them acceptable in most of Europe. Will we be able to get the new version with the QR code? who the hell knows. They really are an appalling shower of shite.

The Ancient Mariner

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1211 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:12 pm

NippySweetie has cut a deal with the GreenMeanies to form a pseudo-coalition.

The price she's paid is a heavy price. The Meanies are the smallest party in the Pygmy Parliament, but the feel a need to have not just one but two leaders. Nippy has had to give each of them a Ministerial post as a sweetener.

No unoccupied ministerial posts, so Nippy created two out of thin air. So now we have a Minister for Zero Carbon Buildings, Active Travel and Tenants’ Rights. Pay rise; pension rise; gumment limo; heaps of flunkies to be hired; all that stuff.

In a bogof deal, we've also got a Minister for Green Skills, Circular Economy and Biodiversity.

So, we now have a Ministry for creating a "circular economy". An economy which is a great big fat zero.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#1212 Post by Rossian » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Oh c'mon UP give the poor dears a break. In the bad old days in the USN they were known as SLJOs (**** Little Jobs Officers).

The Ancient Mariner

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1213 Post by CharlieOneSix » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:34 pm

Rossian wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:51 pm
.........they were known as SLJOs (**** Little Jobs Officers).
Years ago our in our early days the Company gave an evening reception in Aberdeen for potential offshore oil clients. The organisation was given to one of our Fleet Managers, a former RN Lt/Cdr and Squadron CO. FD2 will remember MPC. He was a great organiser with a good sense of humour. As hosts we all had name tags with our job titles underneath. I was talking to a potential client in the company of our Managing Director. MPC sauntered up and was introduced. The client glanced at his name tag and asked what SLJO stood for. MPC told him, the client thought it was hilarious and even our Managing Director managed to crack a smile! =))
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1214 Post by FD2 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:57 pm

It was a rite of passage...the squadron junior Joe's perk!

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1215 Post by FD2 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:19 pm

Nicola is really, deeply, incredibly deeply offended by a heckler. Go on Nicola, just milk it for all it's worth, you're on camera after all. :ymsick:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ayer_click

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1216 Post by FD2 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:27 pm

She wouldn't want to make a song and dance about this though:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... aster.html

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Unless your English

#1217 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:01 am

FD2 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:19 pm
Nicola is really, deeply, incredibly deeply offended by a heckler. Go on Nicola, just milk it for all it's worth, you're on camera after all. :ymsick:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ayer_click
That MSP was making a good point.

There's a lot of Anglophobia built in to the SNP. When we were still in the EU, the Scottish Government awarded zero tuition fees to students of all EU nationalities except the English.

Anti-English prejudice is widespread within the SNP. Even a lifelong Scot, if he speaks with what is perceived as sounding English, is openly scorned for the way he speaks. I know.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Police Scotland fined £100,000 over M9 crash death failures

#1218 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:49 pm

What is the point in fining Police Scotland £100,000 over the M9 crash failures? Where does the fine go? Back into the public purse? It just means Police Scotland's budget has been hit by £100,000, resulting in less service to the public.

Police Scotland pled guilty to "Corporate Criminal Liability". Why wasn't it Corporate Manslaughter? Why haven't individuals been fined or incarcerated in prison? Ah, I forgot - this is Scotland. This is the SNP's joke of a legal system.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... l-58474385
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Unless your English

#1219 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:01 am
Anti-English prejudice is widespread within the SNP. Even a lifelong Scot, if he speaks with what is perceived as sounding English, is openly scorned for the way he speaks. I know.
Ye mean you sound like a non rhotic English Lowland Sassenach? :))

Aye there's a shame, but remember it could be worse, you could sound like a South African! =)) ;)))

Or even worse, like Sean Connery!

Let this young lady lead you astray...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Rossian
Capt
Capt

Re: "You don't sound like.....

#1220 Post by Rossian » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:30 pm

.....a Scotsman". I got that a lot in Oz. What does a Scotsman sound like? Er um um, - I then do my Billy Connoly impression. Yeah that's it!
We don't all live in the Central Belt where they know bugger all about the rest of the country. A young woman from the Glasgow area introduced herself at the beginning of a presentation here in Moray "I didn't know Scoland went on this far".
On the other hand I met a bloke in NZ who nailed my accent to within 5 miles of where I was born (he had come originally from the same area a long time before).
And the tone is always accusatory. Really pisses me off it does.

The Ancient Mariner