Chaos in Scotland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Scotland.

#341 Post by Boac » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Whoa! Sit up! Pay attention! Submarines! Where did that one surface from? Something wrong with:
Plymouth
Portsmouth or, if needs be
Falmouth?

or Poole ....... :))

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#342 Post by om15 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:28 pm

I understand that the submarines could operate from certain current bases in the United Kingdom, but the storage and maintenance of the weapons are the problem. Were the nuclear force to be evicted from Scotland the weapons would in the interim have to be stored in France or the USA. I have read that it would cost an estimated 3 billion to relocate ( not much in the current expenditure you might say), but it could be that an option would be to disband the fleet and flog off the weapons.
This would be the bargaining chip of the SNP, but how the US and the European members of NATO would view this can only be speculated upon.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/leasing ... -scotland/

You might find this link interesting.

Unfortunately Poole is limited to the operation of the Pacific 24, the subs wouldn't make it past Swanage.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#343 Post by barkingmad » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:49 pm

As the Paddy’s are about to lose their neutral status under the new improved EU defence force, perhaps if we sweet talked them for a few quid they could accept our subs in Bantry Bay?

Great food and hospitality there and further for the Bears and Bisons to flog in order to drop their sunshine buckets to eliminate those left in harbour.

And when Paddy finally decides to eject from the EUSSR, oh hang on a minute, I’m getting ahead of meself!

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#344 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:15 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:29 pm
If it's true that she plotted to fit Salmond up, and in my view she did, it should be the big hoose for her.
Agree!

Not only her, but also the two women who orchestrated the recruitment and grooming of the Alphabet Sisters. Another one who ought to go jail is the one who lied and lied and lied about imaginary events which she claimed took place against herself in Bute House on a day which no less than two Security logbooks show that she was not present at any time on that day.

Of course no such prosecutions will take place as they would have to be prosecuted by the same Crown Office which prosecuted Salmond with their own phony 'evidence'.

The Scottish Legal Establishment, especially the Crown Office, stinks. The malicious and phoney prosecution of those two guiltless Libyans showed us that.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#345 Post by barkingmad » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:36 pm

U P said “The Scottish Legal Establishment, especially the Crown Office, stinks. The malicious and phoney prosecution of those two guiltless Libyans showed us that.”

Strangely in this former aviators’ crewroom there seems little appetite to discuss and especially to question the official party line on PA103 and Lockerbie.

I wonder why.
Is it because many do not want to face the prospect of doubting the standard explanation for that atrocity and to have to confront the alternative possibilities or even likelihoods are just too uncomfortable?

There is a PA103 thread on this forum if anyone wishes to express strong opinions or the results of any research and reading they may have undertaken.

There, that’s the gauntlet across the face. Meanwhile, back to 21st Century Jockistan and it’s long march to freedom... :-w

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#346 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:49 pm

OK. Let's go on that BM.

It was a fit up. I cannot explain why the Scottish legal system went along with it, but I well remember operating from EDI when every week there were shuttle flights to Soesterburg for the 'trial.

FFS! Everyone knew it was the Iranians that 'did' Lockerbie. In revenge for the shooting down of IR655. But of course, then the yanks would be implicated in the bad outcome for those on PA103.

I saw Megrahi go by my own house on his way to the airport btw. So I literally SAW how these things work.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#347 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Read your post Plum.

I generally agree, but Salmond didnt deny many of the accusations- merely claimed they were consensual.

in my own defence, I've spanked many a hostie, and they all seemed to enjoy it.....but the only hostie I spank these days is married.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#348 Post by om15 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm

but the only hostie I spank these days is married.
I hope her husband doesn't find out.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#349 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:22 pm

I've been on two juries in Scottish Courts.

In one of the trials it was obvious to everyone in the courtroom that the police had perjured themselves and had faked evidence. We had listened to the very inarticulate accused, who had a very limited vocabulary and clearly had little or no secondary education. The police produced two verbatim records of two identical alleged confession statements, allegedly taken eight days apart. The wording of the two statements was identical and used language and syntax which an educated policeman would use.

The Sheriff (in Scotland he's a Judge, not a policeman) appeared embarrassed that such crap could be produced in his Court. Even the Procurator Fiscal appeared sheepish when he glanced at the jury benches and saw several of us shaking our heads in disbelief at the ***** he was producing in his prosecution.

In the jury room we agreed that the scrote was probably guilty, but we were so pissed off with the Sheriff and the PF that we formally pronounced him Not Guilty.

I learned about the stinkiness of the Scottish Legal Establishment from that, in addition to what I learned in the Zeist Heist.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#350 Post by AtomKraft » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:24 am

Om.
I'm her husband🤓

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#351 Post by om15 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:33 am

Paul Baldwin writes an interesting article today, further to our discussion yesterday about the SNP hate crime, (only applicable if you hate the SNP of course, you can hate the English as much as you like).

WHAT you are about to read could have me arrested, charged and facing jail time if the detestable, fascistic and downright thick-as-a-plank Scottish Hate Crime Bill passes into law.
I dislike most aspects of the Scottish Nationalist Party and truly despise the Scottish Hate Crime Bill currently going through the Scottish Parliament. There, I said it. Slap on the cuffs officer. That I dislike the unreconstructed, divisive nationalism of Ms Sturgeon's party precisely because it sets Brit against Brit for completely unnecessary, fake and racist reasons is neither here nor there. That I despise the Hate Crime Bill for it's attempts to crush freedom of speech and enshrine thoughtcrime into law in a way I consider shameful in a so-called democracy makes no odds.
he fact is my words are clearly capable of being seen by someone – that someone probably being a rampant, English-hating Scottish nationalist – as “hateful” will be enough to see me extradited to an Edinburgh court if Nicola Sturgeon and Scottish Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf's horrific Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill passes into law.

Oh, and I would be facing a maximum of seven years behind bars.

Just for thinking differently to the Scottish Government.

Still reading? Oh good, that means you too could face seven years in chokey as the ham-fisted law makes almost no distinction between the writer and the reader. Possession (and who's to say downloading a webpage isn't possession until it's tested in law?) - would mean we'd both fallen foul of Ms Sturgeon's hatecrime laws.

Scared? You should be.

Under the proposals it would be an offence for a person to behave in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner, or to communicate threatening, abusive or insulting material to another person where in doing so, the person intends to stir up hatred against a group of people by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship), or ethnic or national origin.

So if you said anything insulting against the Scottish Nationalists you would automatically it seems fall foul of the law, the clue being that word Scottish in the SNP name.

Scared? You should be.

Tricky thing that hate isn't it? Sometimes it's obvious – Adolf and the Jews for example or Lukashenko and democracy – but sometimes it's less obvious, where is the line between informed and considered dislike and hate? Who knows? The only one thing we know for certain is that whoever draws that subjective line will, by definition, be influenced by political beliefs.

Listen, if this passes into law the Scottish Government will be telling you what you can and cannot think.

And when Governments start telling you what you can and cannot think it is time to man the barricades people.
The bill probably never wanted to be as hateful and fascistic as it now is – in truth it desperately wanted to be woke... but sort of in the same way a bald bloke with a bad comb-over desperately wants to be hirsute.

It's looks desperate, it's embarrassing and it's fooling no-one.

Thankfully it has come in for a barrage of criticism from, among others, the Law Society of Scotland, the Catholic Church (which fears the bill would criminalise possession of the Bible), the National Secular Society, and the Scottish Police Federation, which warned that the legislation would see officers policing speech.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#352 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:23 am

What is the difference between 'hate for the SNP' and hate for the Western way of life as espoused by certain Eastern people?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#353 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:40 am

In 2006 ZanuLabour tried to pass a very similar law through Westminster. It was voted down by SNP!

SNP voted to remove the phrases “abusive or insulting” and “likely to” from the Racial and Religious Hatred Act down south in 2006. They said that the vague wording meant “almost anyone could be charged”.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#354 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Here is the new Strangulation of Speech Act in all it’s glory and it reads like the draft of another dreadful forecasting history novel by the late great Orwell;

https://beta.parliament.scot/-/media/fi ... r-bill.pdf

Read and wonder who in their right mind proposes this sort of ordure ordure?!

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#355 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:11 pm

Take a deep breath. Don't have a heart attack...

Your pants on fire style is admirable though....
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#356 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:59 am

Erewego again. Just how effectively will this be practised by teens en masse?

High school pupils in Scotland to wear face coverings from 31 August https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53900825

If they can’t remember to tie their laces, bring skule equipment, concentrate for more than 5 minutes on anything other than a phone screen then how will this ‘health precaution’ work in practice?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#357 Post by Boac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:09 am

Pass - what do you suggest? Please copy your email to NS here so that we know she is getting good advice......

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#358 Post by om15 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:39 am

As the precedent has now been set that all school children can receive, as a right, a complete set of A level results at AAA plus four star AA level without taking any exams, it seems rather harsh to expect them to now return to school, I'm surprised that the SNP hasn't shut down all schools permanently, the children only receiving instruction in claiming benefits and the best methods of staging "protests".

If Boris Johnson had issued advice that school children need to wear masks in school Sturgeon worn have banned masks in school, simple as that.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#359 Post by Boac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:46 am

I'm surprised that the SNP hasn't shut down all schools permanently
Are you, therefore, equally 'surprised' Bonking Bojo has not done the same since I understand the same policy was eventually copied in England?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#360 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:47 am

+1 !

Edited to clarify, my +1 was intended for post # 358 by om15, but I got pipped at the post by # 359. :O3