Mosque shooting in Christchurch NZ.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Mosque shooting in Christchurch NZ.

#121 Post by barkingmad » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:35 pm

I returned to the UK on 1st March this year after a fantastic 4 weeks in their lovely country thanks to a former aviator colleague who hosted for most of the time. I will agree with the 3-word summary "Loss of Innocence". A crying shame a part of the world relatively unscathed by 21st Century madness is no longer perceived to be a safe place to rear kids, cattle, sheep etc.

BUT: Am I the only one to have felt uncomfortable with the opening words of the first memorial service for the victims?

The very last words heard by many of us Northern Hemisphere folks before we are blown to bits, shot dead, hacked to death or beheaded are the words "ALLAHU AKBAR!", usually screamed in a drug and/or hate-fuelled fanatical state. And the victims of Islamic Fundamentalist craziness, which include Sunnis and Shi'ites and various other religions and races, who have survived such attacks will probably remember these words forever in their PTSD condition.

So I have to admit hearing these words as the opening gambit for the NZ victims of terrorism tribute did not stand easy with me and I considered a more tactful and discreet oration which excluded the crazies' war cry might have been more appropriate.

But then that's the view of one lone Northern Hemisphere Caucasian.

Hat on and await incoming.............

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#122 Post by BenThere » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:21 pm

They seem to be saying, "We're sorry you're so angry that you want to kill us en masse. Perhaps if we get on our knees and beg your forgiveness we can lower the terrible toll on our people your anger generates."

I don't buy it, and I don't like politicians who constantly remind me to be tolerant when I see little tolerance among Jihadis, ISIS, and such. The Western press covers the slaughters that occur on our shores with casualties from dozens to hundreds. In the world's hinterlands, though, such slaughters are almost a daily occurrence in places like Kashmir, Nigeria, the Philippines, Somalia, et al., and the occur with little note.

Why is it our political leaders feel the need to apologize for the Jihad ethic and bend over backwards to accommodate it when it is clearly a scourge on civilization, and visits unfathomable tragedy on its innocent victims?

The time will come when the gloves come off and the suffering will be visited on Islam's believers, good people that they are in general. They have no economic power outside oil revenues; they are woefully lacking in innovation, technology, manufacturing and industry, and really haven't advanced much of anything since their Islamification. Islam will Venezuelize any nation it conquers.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#123 Post by John Hill » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:16 pm

I find that a totally despicable post Ben.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#124 Post by BenThere » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:19 pm

Thanks, John. If you don't like it it must have been one of my better posts.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#125 Post by John Hill » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:14 pm

You have reached a new low Ben.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#126 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Whilst not necessarily agreeing with Ben in detail, I agree with the sentiment. I have long suggested (only amongst friends of course ! ) that I believe Islam to be a greater threat than Communism ever was.

Remember that joke that ended ... if Moses, having led the Children of Israel through the Red Sea, had turned right instead of left, we'd have had the oil and they'd have had all those f****ng oranges !

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#127 Post by BenThere » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 pm

Coming from you, John Hill, I take it as a new high.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#128 Post by boing » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Sorry John, as long as Islamic immigrants support, even tacitly, radical Islam and insist on living as a sub-culture that values its religion above local mores then the problem will fester and the longer it festers the more unpleasant the resolution will be. In case you feel I am being heartless, yes, the situation will be certainly unfair on the many immigrants who genuinely wish for a simple quiet life.

The blame for this situation lies on the immigrants for failing to realize that they are expected to conform to the local culture in the way foreigners are expected to conform in their own home country, it lies on the politicians and administrators who failed to take effective steps to prevent a problem earlier on and it lies on people like yourself who hold such naive belief in the innocence of all immigrants and such a firm belief in the evil of those who advocate caution.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#129 Post by John Hill » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:18 pm

The blame for this massacre does not lie with the victims who by the way have the same religious freedoms as anyone else in this country. There are other religious groups in NZ who isolate themselves from mainstream society and those who practice ritual cannibalism for example so why are you not advocating the extermination of those too?

You are not advocating caution but you are condoning mass murder.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#130 Post by BenThere » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:49 pm

No one has advocated the extermination of anybody, John. And no one has suggested approval of the mosque massacre in New Zealand except those who seized the aftermath as a reason to disarm law-abiding New Zealanders.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#131 Post by John Hill » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:06 pm

BenThere wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:49 pm
No one has advocated the extermination of anybody, John.
Of course not
The time will come when the gloves come off and the suffering will be visited on Islam's believers, good people that they are in general.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#132 Post by Karearea » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:13 pm

BenThere wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:49 pm
... disarm law-abiding New Zealanders.
If New Zealanders needed to be "armed" I would think our civilisation had gone into serious decline.
There's rosemary, that's for remembrance. ...

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#133 Post by FD2 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:49 pm

BenThere - why would New Zealanders need to own semi-automatic weapons? It's irrelevant to say they are 'law abiding' as the law is about to change, so why do they need them? Would you have New Zealanders afraid of having massacres at their children's schools by disaffected gun owning nutters?

The way to decrease that risk is less weapons, not more, so why do Kiwis need army style guns? They are not needed for shooting deer or boar, are they?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#134 Post by FD2 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:52 pm

John - 'and those who practice ritual cannibalism'

I don't think I'll be visiting Ashburton again soon. Seriously though, what are you talking about?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#135 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:23 am

Must confess to not knowing all the detail yet, but picked up some radio comment that suggests that the NZ "buy back" of guns, will also include the so-called "illegal" semi-automatic stuff ? If they're illegal, why should my taxes benefit the owners ?

Maybe as an incentive ? otherwise, if they're not going to be compensated they might just as well continue to keep them "illegally" in the basement, until such time as they decide to massacre some group ? Which is not going to be stopped, the genuine Bad Guys always find a way to do their Evil, however perpetrated.

World's Gone Mad.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#136 Post by John Hill » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 am

FD2 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:52 pm
I don't think I'll be visiting Ashburton again soon. Seriously though, what are you talking about?

As the disciples sat together, Jesus said, " ‘Take it and eat it, for this is my body' " (Matthew 26:26). He then gave thanks and offered them the cup and said, " ‘Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood, which seals the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out to forgive the sins of many' " (Matthew 26:27-28).

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#137 Post by FD2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:57 am

John - Personally I think it's mumbo jumbo, but only symbolic if you 'believe' anyway.

Speedy - I hadn't read about the buy back of illegal weapons - bad move.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#138 Post by boing » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:04 am

John,

And shortly after he advised each of them to buy a sword.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#139 Post by John Hill » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:14 am

FD2 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:57 am
John - Personally I think it's mumbo jumbo, but only symbolic if you 'believe' anyway.

I totally agree, mumbo jumbo just like most of what we hear or read of Islam.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#140 Post by John Hill » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:16 am

boing wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:04 am
John,

And shortly after he advised each of them to buy a sword.

Of course the best assault weapons of the time.