Time for another petition. M'aam.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Time for another petition. M'aam.

#1 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:20 pm

According to today's Mail,
"The Queen is set to invite Donald Trump for a full state visit including a carriage procession down the Mall to coincide with the 75th anniversary of D-Day this June".

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Time for another petition. M'aam.

#2 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:20 pm
According to today's Mail,
"The Queen is set to invite Donald Trump for a full state visit including a carriage procession down the Mall to coincide with the 75th anniversary of D-Day this June".
Which, of course, HM will remember . . .

Sisemen

#3 Post by Sisemen » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:52 pm

I dare say that the likes of K&C and similarly outraged, anti-American, anti-Trump, anti-everything that they, personally, don’t agree with will cause enough of a pointless kerfuffle that it will take everyone’s mind of the EU for a day or two. And we’ll just ignore what is actually being commemorated eh?

Capetonian

#4 Post by Capetonian » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:01 pm

I suppose that arsehole Khan will be flying another insulting and childish blimp to try to belittle a democratically elected head of state.

Slasher

#5 Post by Slasher » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:03 am

Trump can pick a civilised destination within England instead of the Islamic City of London surely.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by Krystal n Chips » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:26 am

Sisemen wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:52 pm
I dare say that the likes of K&C and similarly outraged, anti-American, anti-Trump, anti-everything that they, personally, don’t agree with will cause enough of a pointless kerfuffle that it will take everyone’s mind of the EU for a day or two. And we’ll just ignore what is actually being commemorated eh?
That's remarkably astute of you.....because, and such events can happen a times, you are actually correct. Last time, me "and the likes" thereof, about 1m other " likes of " to be more exact, did indeed visit London to demonstrate against the arrival of the most repugnant and damaging president the Americans have ever "voted "...euphemism ..for. It was a lovely day by the way, sun shone, lots of colour and diversity so all told, apart from the location which I try an avoid and have done for years, worth the railfare ( Senior Railcard, booked in advance , saves a few quid and......caught the correct train from and to Derby....so no inconvenience.... such as getting on the wrong train.. involved...amazing how these new fangled modern teckernology screens show the destination .

However, a couple of points..this was in the Mail...always a dubious start, plus, does anybody really think he's going to be allowed to trot down The Mall in Lizzies personal tumbril ?.............and, if it's does happen, it will be in the run up to Christmas so the Brits won't be impressed with another addition to the chaos and gridlock we induce and inflict on ourselves each year.

Finally, thanks to a canine pot for being suitably conformist.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by llondel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:01 pm
I suppose that arsehole Khan will be flying another insulting and childish blimp to try to belittle a democratically elected head of state.
I think now they could fly the one of him alongside the one of Trump. Although to be fair to him, he didn't seem that upset by the one of him.