These pricks want to close down LHR

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Capetonian

These pricks want to close down LHR

#1 Post by Capetonian » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:28 am

After bringing chaos to London, not to mention increasing pollution and wasting police resources, these vermin now want to shut down LHR today.

This sums up the staggering hypocrisy and double standards as well.as a lack of understanding of the real world :

Hypocrisy of globe-trotting ringleader

A privately educated eco-activist who flounced out of a TV interview yesterday has enjoyed a string of foreign holidays despite criticising air travel.

Robin Boardman-Pattison, 21, appeared on Sky News to defend the Extinction Rebellion protests that have brought misery to hundreds of thousands in London.
Robin Boardman-Pattison got up from his seat and walked out of the Sky News studio during an interview with Adam Boulton

But he stormed off the set after presenter Adam Boulton suggested he and his fellow middle-class demonstrators were patronising and self-indulgent.

During the interview Boardman-Pattison, who has twice been charged with criminal damage over previous protests, said his group would like to see aircraft 'only used in emergencies'.

( Photo of Boardman-Pattison at the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy)

But it later emerged that his Instagram page features a series of photos of him enjoying skiing holidays abroad. He has also posted pictures online of himself in Italy three years ago visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

It is unclear how he travelled on his foreign breaks. But a carbon footprint calculator reveals that if Boardman-Pattison took a 1,800-mile return trip to Pisa by air he would have generated 0.20 tons in CO2 emissions.

A similar journey in an average-sized car would result in 0.46 tons. If he had taken either a bus or train from London to Pisa his CO2 footprint would have been 0.04 tons.

Last year Boardman-Pattison sprayed the words 'Make Ecocide Law' over the entrance windows of Bristol magistrates' court in an Extinction Rebellion demonstration.

He and a fellow protester were arrested after reportedly taking 'too long' to wash off the paint under police orders. They pleaded not guilty but were eventually convicted and fined a total of £1,804.

Boardman-Pattison has spent much of his life living in Beckenham, Kent, where his parents Roger and Mary own a £1million four-bedroom home.

He previously attended the £17,500-a-year boys-only Trinity School in Croydon, south London, the Guido Fawkes political website reported.

On Sky News yesterday, he said the Extinction Rebellion protests were to 'wake the public up'.

But Mr Boulton told the activist: 'I feel very patronised by you. You're like the incompetent middle-class, self-indulgent people and you want to tell us how to live our lives.'

Boardman-Pattison then got up from his seat and walked out of the studio.

'I'm a vegan and they were pretty bad about getting me some vegan food,' he said. 'If you are going to arrest 300 activists you have got to think about getting some vegan food ready. There was no soy milk either so I had to have my tea black.'
I shall no doubt have a heated discussion with my eco-warrior son over this at lunch today, as he was somewhere in the area yesterday and sent this photo. He is currently at FL370 somewhere over Angola on his way to CPT in a 4 engined 21 year old 747 which must have a higher CO2 footprint than more modern aircraft.
IMG-20190418-WA0007.jpg

Sisemen

Re: These pricks want to close down LHR

#2 Post by Sisemen » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:31 am

The only good thing is that most, but not all, eventually grow up and start to deal with the realities of life.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Woody » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:10 am

He is currently at FL370 somewhere over Angola on his way to CPT in a 4 engined 21 year old 747 which must have a higher CO2 footprint than more modern aircraft.
That’s one of the newer ones :))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

#4 Post by unifoxos » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:45 am

Airlines should put all these 2@s on their "no fly" lists immediately.
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by om15 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:32 am

What I find astounding is the attitude of the Police, cavorting about on skateboards and generally showing signs of "understanding" and sympathy, no doubt on the orders of the jumped up Sadiq Khan. The response to actions preventing the public going about their lawful business should be firm and uncompromising, water canon, baton charges, forceful removal and robust incapacitation.
This insidious toleration of leftie behaviour is not what the majority of people want, and hopefully this will be reflected in the next election.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:32 am

I heard that the Police are running out of cells for these idiots. Suggestion - bundle them off to the disused Oakington Immigration Reception Centre, set up Court there to hear their cases, fine them heavily and hand out rigidly enforced lengthy Community Service orders, then release them so they can make their own way back from Cambridgeshire to wherever they live. Time for tear gas and Boris' water cannon. Let's stop mucking about.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

#7 Post by unifoxos » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:35 am

It seems Emma Thompson flew all the way from LA to take part in the protest and wanted to be arrested at the demo. She didn't succeed as it is not illegal to be a stupid cnut.
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:08 pm

Current state of the protest..all four of them. Outnumbered by Police.
I notice Knobead Bored-Pratt hasn't turned up, or any celebs.

Howls of derisive laughter, Bruce!

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Woody » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 pm

However, Robin Ellis-Cockcroft, 24, said the group had succeeded in creating an "emotional disruption" at Heathrow, adding that no further Extinction Rebellion protests would take place on Friday.
Most people who have to go through LHR are emotionally disturbed in the first place =))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by OFSO » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:06 pm

.....and the second.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:41 pm

However, Robin Ellis-Cockcroft, 24, said the group had succeeded in creating an "emotional disruption" at Heathrow, adding that no further Extinction Rebellion protests would take place on Friday.
By which I suppose he means that passengers were afraid that they might be delayed?

ribrash

#12 Post by ribrash » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 pm

For the one's that superglue themselves somewhere I would leave them for a day or three until they have well and truely crapped and pissed their pants and then see what they think.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Ibbie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:12 am

President Khan should not have sold Boris's second hand water cannons.

This is exactly the kind of occasion they were to be used for.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:55 am

Ibbie wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:12 am
President Khan should not have sold Boris's second hand water cannons.

This is exactly the kind of occasion they were to be used for.
Theresa May, when Home Secretary, deemed Boris's water cannon inappropriate and refused to approve their use in Britain.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by OFSO » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:37 pm

The demonstrators have now 'suspended' their protests. No doubt everyone here would join with me in suggesting a more personal way in which they could be suspended.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by ian16th » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:41 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:37 pm
The demonstrators have now 'suspended' their protests. No doubt everyone here would join with me in suggesting a more personal way in which they could be suspended.
The Albert Pierrepoint way of suspension?
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by OFSO » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Indeed. Some of our great Kings and Queens signed death-warrants by writing "susp." along the bottom of the page.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:51 pm

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:50 pm

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm

The protest group had one of their spokesmen on the BBC's Daily Politics show today. He was putting forward a passionate argument for their cause and their aim to reduce carbon emissions to zero by 2025. It was at the point when he was asked how that would be achieved that the fruit-loopery came to the fore - banning air travel was one of the group's aims. Not thought through really - how TF would all the luvvies in Hollywood get to the London demos, be seen to be taking part and then return to Hollywood in time for their next daily bout of self-adoration.
It's always my fault - SWMBO