Chaos ( hopefully ) in London and the South East.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos ( hopefully ) in London and the South East.

#101 Post by Ibbie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:37 am

Yep OFSO.

Renta Mob and it's associate Renta Gob are still alive and kicking. Available to the highest bidder.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#102 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:45 am

Apologies to Meatloaf here.." well two out of five, ain't bad "....

POTUS policy ? The Man himself in person ? "

Now, amazing though this may be, the two you mention are inextricably linked ! so yep, well done !

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#103 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:22 am

I think that the visit was a resounding success for all concerned, the grumblings of the usual suspects in the background was drowned out by the enthusiasm of those attending the various dinners, meetings and so on.
Here we have on the one hand the stony faced Europeans with their poor English informing us that they will not negotiate trade, and on the other the enthusiastic Mr Trump wanting to triple the current trade, no brainer, that is why the Brexit Party is enjoying such huge success and Labour are stood around wringing their hands and wondering what their supporters would like to hear.

Sisemen

#104 Post by Sisemen » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 am

As far as K&C seems concerned if it ain’t in the Gruniad it ain’t happened. Conversely if it IS in the Gruniad then it must be true. Sad way to live a life.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#105 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:02 am

Amazing isn't it. So many things worth protesting about, so many embassies one could raise a banner outside protesting of their maltreatment of minorities, Christians, and persecution of womenfolk, and the idiot demonstrators can only think of a country which is still a bastion of democracy and friend to the UK.

Capetonian

#106 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 am

He's a pathetic small-minded mental cripple without an original thought in his head. That's hardly a life.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#107 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 am
He's a pathetic small-minded mental cripple without an original thought in his head. That's hardly a life.
Could you be more specific please. Are you referring to Trump, or, other contributors..... including yourself ?

"A sad life "...

Would that be in contrast to spending your whole working life in a closeted, institutionalised and rigidly hierarchal environment, one which has an allure for those with an autocratic mind allied to the realisation they would have difficulty in finding, and keeping, a job in the real world then ?

Finally, the "resounding success ".....I know, it's from the Guardian, but, feel free to contest the validity of the analysis.....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... l-blunders

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#108 Post by llondel » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:50 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:02 am
Amazing isn't it. So many things worth protesting about, so many embassies one could raise a banner outside protesting of their maltreatment of minorities, Christians, and persecution of womenfolk, and the idiot demonstrators can only think of a country which is still a bastion of democracy and friend to the UK.
I don't think they were protesting about the US, merely the idiot in charge. Said idiot is, by his words and deeds, encouraging mistreatment of minorities and womenfolk. I think the only minority he actively supports is billionaires.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#109 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:30 pm

In examining how effective the leader of a country is, a simple question to be answered is "would you care to live there yourself ?" To the annoyance of both my wife and my brother-in-law's wife* my answer was 'yes' and as to whereabouts, Texas.

*He's coming too. Or would if we were not married to the gals.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#110 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:51 pm

llondel wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:50 pm
OFSO wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:02 am
I don't think they were protesting about the US, merely the idiot in charge. Said idiot is, by his words and deeds, encouraging mistreatment of minorities and womenfolk. I think the only minority he actively supports is billionaires.
Correct.

Both protests have never been about "anti-US " sentiment . They have only been directed at one American and his personality / policies. These are as detrimental to the USA as they are on a global basis. He does have support in the US of course, but, only from those who feel an affinity for his nature.

He does not represent a significant number of Americans or America as a global power.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#111 Post by Bob » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:41 pm

He does not represent a significant number of Americans
Oh yes he does
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Capetonian

#112 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:49 pm

He does not represent a significant number of Americans or America as a global power.
What utter bollocks.
Try to understand that what you blindly accept as truth from your interpretation of the Guardian does not make it true.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#113 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:01 pm

WRT service in HM's Armed Forces, I believe that since 1963, participation was voluntary.

If you don't like what it represents, then don't join - or were pressgangs still operating?

Maybe the courts sentenced offenders to serve as punishment?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#114 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Krystal n Chips wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Sadly he does, somewhat.

He represents a gobby minority of lame-brain morons. The type who believe they're being original thinkers by wearing their IQ-reducers back-to-front.

He's big in the Midwest.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#115 Post by llondel » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:22 pm

The problem is that he appears to represent the 30% of Americans who seem somewhat fact-resistant. No matter what he does, there seems to be this core that still support him, even as he's trashing their industries and making their lives harder.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#116 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 pm

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#117 Post by BenThere » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:16 am

The problem is that he appears to represent the 30% of Americans who seem somewhat fact-resistant.
I would counter that it's the other 70% of Americans who seem fact-resistant. The metrics of well-being, all things considered, mitigate in favor of the Trump administration these days. And that 30% is actually much larger than that from my vantage point.

We'll see in November, 2020. The US seems to be in a continual election cycle. I don't like the parliamentary system. I don't like secondary preferences. But I do like the idea of short election campaigns. I get an average of three polling calls a day asking my political opinion already, and the election is 17 months away. Give me a break.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#118 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:41 am

Aww, bless..such a modest soul really.

Sadly, we can't be privy as to the sentiments of the recipient of this modesty by way of reciprocation .....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... etter-time

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#119 Post by FD2 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:55 am

Remainer/Anti-Trumper etc etc gets carried away explaining her personal views to a Trump sympathiser (fascist/NAZI etc):

Remain Demo Woman.jpg
Remain Demo Woman.jpg (44.66 KiB) Viewed 427 times

Sadly she felt she had to resign from her job in the NHS, having got over-excited in the heat of the moment, suspended her 'social' media presence etc...

She could have been the model for the Trump balloon. The mooring rope could be attached to the ring in her nose.

Meanwhile the former PM has a last try at impressing Prince Charles and later departs the stage:

OMG.jpeg
Now that's what I'd call a curtsy! It's good to see the old chap having a laugh for once.

I think the Queen seems to have enjoyed Trumps presence, perhaps she would like the same direct approach and real action from some of her own politicians, but without any smutty talk of grabbing people by their unmentionables. She has probably had enough of that from Philip.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#120 Post by FD2 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:01 am

So long Theresa:

The Final Exit.jpeg

:-bd