Chaos ( hopefully ) in London and the South East.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos ( hopefully ) in London and the South East.

#81 Post by om15 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:25 pm

I really like the new haircut Mr Trump is sporting to meet the Queen, it looks like it is a tribute to the skiffle era and Tommy Steele.

The left are in tatters, they assume that their superiority entitles them to be as insolent as they wish to others, once in a while someone comes along and gives them a pasting and they don't like it.
If only we had someone as good as insulting people as Mr Trump, got to admit, the yanks do it better.

Sisemen

#82 Post by Sisemen » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:33 pm

OK, so he poisoned the dog. Did it detract?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#83 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:04 pm

Sisemen wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:33 pm
OK, so he poisoned the dog. Did it detract?
No - and only three weeks after she had given birth.
According to a report commissioned by Joseph Stalin and based on eyewitness accounts, Hitler's dog-handler Feldwebel Fritz Tornow took Blondi's pups and shot them in the garden of the bunker complex on 30 April, after Hitler and Eva Braun committed suicide. He also killed Eva Braun's two dogs, Frau Gerda Christian's dogs, and his own dachshund. Hitler's nurse, Erna Flegel, said in 2005 that Blondi's death had affected the people in the bunker more than Eva Braun's suicide,

Capetonian

#84 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 pm

Having watched a few minutes of the ceremony on the 6 o'clock news, I was most impressed by the dignity of Trump and his family. Hitting the right note, he didn't try to get his tongue into anyone's mouth, no coarse remarks, and so on.

The protesters will make idiots of themselves, as usual.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#85 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:02 pm

I see there's also a Siddiq Khan blimp being flown. No Corbyn blimp though. Too leaky no doubt.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#86 Post by BenThere » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 pm

I was most impressed by the dignity of Trump and his family.
He has mixed with the tuxedo class for 50 years and knows and respects protocol in formal settings.

Outside those settings, though, he's a pit bull and goes for the throat when he's threatened. I like that feature as he's on my side.

I also like that the continuous, unfounded insults hurled at him from Hollywood, professors, Democratic legislators, dominant news sources, etc. - bounce off him like water off a duck's back. He is one strong character and doesn't give up or surrender. I love the guy.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#87 Post by llondel » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:52 am

Clearly all the protesters need to wave signs saying "McCain" on them.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#88 Post by Krystal n Chips » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:06 am

Morning chaps !...well today's the day so only a short time left before I board the train, I've checked the timetables and it goes to Euston so no concerns about the journey terminating at another station.

Spent the night filling those Molotov cocktails to the nearest cc....and making sure they can't spill in transit...likewise reduced the weight of the bricks this time as they got a bit heavy last time. But I still have concerns as to the size of the television set I will be able to carry home on the return journey.

All the above for those convinced any left wing demonstrators attending a demonstration only do so with mayhem and rioting in mind...wouldn't want to shatter your cherished delusions after all.

Back to why his visit is an affront to democracy.

It's nice to see he can squeeze in a few minutes to say goodbye to Treeza..parting is such sweet sorrow after all....but has found time to have a chat with Boris, his preferred option as her replacement .....his comment about "shackles " being pure coincidence of course and not at all related to the "big trade deals " envisaged thereafter.

Then there was the C4 programme last night. Anybody else care to admit they watched it ?.....anyway, the appalling low standards of American food production are already well documented, and were duly shown, as was the commentary about the influence the food producers have on Gov't policy. However, what was a revelation concerned the workers conditions, their safety and the number of injuries / fatalities in the sector. Still, human life is cheap where the corporate profit is concerned.

Finally, an unintended culinary irony.....notably the choice of dessert...Eton mess !......a tribute to the efforts of Dave and cronies in every sense.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... sits-no-10

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#89 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:20 am

Bingo - McCain n Chips 🍟

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#90 Post by om15 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Tiny bit off thread, but this is interesting, I particularly warm to the sentiments expressed by Big Phil midway through the clip,

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#91 Post by OFSO » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:19 pm

K&C, as ever drifting wide of the point, mentions the appalling standards of hygiene in American mass produced food described in a C4 documentary last night. The wife watched it, but I was immersed in the fascinating documentary on Nicola Tesla on Yesterday TV. Whether feeding infected chickens to American citizens justifies our resident Marxist and his chums protesting against Trump's presence in the UK I really don't know.

I wonder why nobody has done a documentary on French farming. I don't believe any pig or cow has ever been discovered with a notifiable disease in France. Somehow, ill animals quickly break their legs and are more or less humanly put down for that reason. The Montserrat supermarket and hypermarkets in Empuriabrava Spain had signs up in the butchers department stating all meat is sourced locally and not bought in France. Now why would that be ?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#92 Post by om15 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:47 pm

The news showed a clip of the "protestors" this evening, it is as well that this pasty, unwashed, unemployed rabble were kept away from our potential new best friend, goodness knows what he would have thought of them, wearing their second hand clothes and their ranting chants.
Nice move to refuse to see Corbyn, he did see Nigel though, the POTUS obviously sees which way the wind is blowing. The lefties are becoming more shrill and irrational as it becomes obvious that we see through their rubbish.

Capetonian

#93 Post by Capetonian » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:03 pm

pasty, unwashed, unemployed rabble
That's no way to talk about KaknCrap!
IMG-20190604-WA0014.jpg

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#94 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:25 am

om15 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:47 pm
The news showed a clip of the "protestors" this evening, it is as well that this pasty, unwashed, unemployed rabble were kept away from our potential new best friend, goodness knows what he would have thought of them, wearing their second hand clothes and their ranting chants.
Nice move to refuse to see Corbyn, he did see Nigel though, the POTUS obviously sees which way the wind is blowing. The lefties are becoming more shrill and irrational as it becomes obvious that we see through their rubbish.
Was one on the tele then !.....but surely, these were not protestors because, as Trump said, there were non and it was all fake news !

Anyway, the reality. Apart from being in London, and I have to say, every time I watch the wx. I live in hope for another deepening Low tracking down the N.Sea allied to an exceptionally high spring tide, because the benefits of this arriving in London cannot be overstated, the day were pretty good.

Peaceful, the Met were very convivial as the protestors weren't intent on wanton destruction.....I know, but I did say this is reality, and a very mixed multi cultural demographic. Watched the news last night and, lo and behold, there was Treeza squirming as he breached every rule of diplomacy .....if he's even aware of the concept that is.

Today is a commemoration ..for those who were lost, for those who survived and for those who have united Europe thereafter. Hopefully, he'll keep his grid firmly shut although there may be a glimmer of hope here....the wx looks like it might get a bit wet and, as we know from last time, the fearless C n C doesn't like the rain so maybe he'll stay in the limo while a flunky, with shades on of course, where would the Secret Service be without this "must have " all weather accessory !, wipes the windows dry.

" K&C, as ever drifting wide of the point, mentions the appalling standards of hygiene in American mass produced food described in a C4 documentary last night. The wife watched it, but I was immersed in the fascinating documentary on Nicola Tesla on Yesterday TV. Whether feeding infected chickens to American citizens justifies our resident Marxist and his chums protesting against Trump's presence in the UK I really don't know.

It's a shame you elected to watch another programme because, in addition to the points I raised, there were a couple of others which were prominent...the first being the rise in salmonella infections, and watching the production standards, it became glaringly evident why, the other being relevant to the mythical "trade deals " ostensibly on the table ( Trump T's and C's apply ) notably the influential food producers lobby.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#95 Post by OFSO » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:42 am

Not a shame at all, although I still can't make up my mind as to whether Tesla was a genius or not.

Capetonian

#96 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:15 pm

It very much looks as if the 'protests' were a failure and the protestors made themselves look pretty stupid and insignificant.
Knobheads.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#97 Post by OFSO » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Seems Trump had word of praise for Larry, despite the cat's sit-down protest blocking his car.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#98 Post by om15 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 pm

Channel 4 and the BBC made valiant efforts to portray the handful of unwashed social drop outs hanging about in groups as a meaningful protest, but however they panned their cameras and excitedly dramatised the non event it is quite clear that no one took any notice, fake news indeed.
Both of these left wing championing organisations are running out of steam, however contrived and set up their interviews with supposedly key people just show that the constant stream of people in front of their cameras don't have anything sensible, relevant, intelligent or truthful to say.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#99 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:59 am

om15 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 pm
Channel 4 and the BBC made valiant efforts to portray the handful of unwashed social drop outs hanging about in groups as a meaningful protest, but however they panned their cameras and excitedly dramatised the non event it is quite clear that no one took any notice, fake news indeed.
Both of these left wing championing organisations are running out of steam, however contrived and set up their interviews with supposedly key people just show that the constant stream of people in front of their cameras don't have anything sensible, relevant, intelligent or truthful to say.

First, I had a shower before I left. Second, I'm part of contemporary society. Third, I haven't seen any interviews with Farage, Boris and indeed any of the usual vacuous right wing politicians manifesting their egos...or Faux News reporters for that matter. Treeza did make a few token gesture mutterings however.

True, the numbers were reduced from last time, and it was remiss of me I know not to carry my abacus to do a headcount, but there may just be a reason for this.

Last time, he didn't really get anywhere near the Godforsaken dump, that's London for those who may be confused, but this time, he did and with that came a far higher level of security. The protestors were kept well away from the charade that is a US Presidential visit, irrespective of the location, and thus he wouldn't have been aware of the sentiments of real people...that would never do now would it !..and the inevitable "fake news ! " rhetoric .

For those whose standard of literacy permits them to be able to actually read, comprehension may still be some way off as we know, here's an analysis of the visit.......

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/com ... an-britain

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#100 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:34 am

Still no idea what the protestors were protesting about, and I suspect neither did they. USA policy ? POTUS policy ? The Man himself in person ? All of these, none of these ? Funnily enough nobody had time to protest outside the Chinese Embassy re a Certain Anniversary and continuing repression.