Chaos ( hopefully ) in London and the South East.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

Chaos ( hopefully ) in London and the South East.

#1 Post by Krystal n Chips » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Great news !...guess who is coming to the UK for a few days ?...no conferring...

Last time he visited, a lot of the population expressed their sentiments by attending a demonstration...this included me...and I look forward to a reprise in June.

However, for those lamenting the justified climate change protests, their sensitive souls may be traumatised by the ensuing chaos this visit will produce. Thankfully, a travel expert is available to offer guidance to those in the UK who may wish to avoid London and the South East albeit I would check any rail sadvice yourself.

Last time, over on TOP, lots of staunch former military chaps got jolly upset about the unwashed rabble, one is only part qualified here, as one does wash, attending a demonstration and were insistent the nation wore their best suits, polished their shoes, and had the unit tie correctly knotted, before standing rigidly to attention, Union Jack in one paw, Stars and Stripes in the other as he passed by....

Anybody else fancy joining me at the demo ?......

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... uk-in-june

of course, there's also one other tiny point to note here...us thickos are good at tiny points and that's the dates.....so it looks like we are stuck with Treeza until after June at the earliest .

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos ( hopefully ) in London and the South East.

#2 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:25 pm

My GAFo'meter is failing to register over the visit of the satsuma coloured one.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by om15 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm

We have to realise that there are those amongst us, the surly lefties, unemployed/unemployable, mental unbalanced and those in care of the community that may think that risking the diplomatic relationship with the US is as good a day out as the cup final, however it is quite frightening to discover that Odious Bercow is banning Mr Trump from addressing Parliament.
I don't especially hold strong views for or against the policies, hair style or building asperations of Mr Trump, but I think that it is rather rude to behave in the way that these protestors do to a guest, but given the sort of people they are little else can be expected, but for Parliament to snub a major world leader just goes to show what an absolute useless shower they are.

The sooner Nigel assumes command the better, then Mr Trump can visit as much as he desires.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by om15 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Just a further note if I may, we recall how Mr David Lammy has recently brought ridicule upon himself by referring to Jacob Rees Mogg as a Nazi, this is what he says ( from the K&C link) about Mr Trump
David Lammy described Trump as “deluded, dishonest, xenophobic, narcissistic” and not worthy of the UK’s highest honours and a banquet with the Queen. “Theresa May is selling out the UK to a serial liar and a cheat,” he said.
For those on this forum that are not familiar with this grossly unpleasant and rude Labour Member of Parliament who has taken it upon himself to comment on the choice of the Queen's dining guests, this is what he looks like, no surprises there is there.
untitled.png
untitled.png (25.17 KiB) Viewed 894 times

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Has Bercow over-inflated and massaged his ego again and stopped him addressing Parliament this time round as well?

I care not whether Trump visits the country - just as it doesn't bother me when other heads of state visit. It's part and parcel of governments doing their business with each other.

OM, thanks for not posting a picture of the Abbottopotamus - I've just had me dinner.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by OFSO » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:40 pm

What a stupid title for a thread.....something to which I'd never contribute.

Oh.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:19 pm

I b!ame 4maststaker, if you see what I mean.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by OFSO » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:14 pm

I wish for chaos in K&C's underwear, that's what I want.

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#9 Post by larsssnowpharter » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:46 pm

When I was in the RAF and going through IOT, I seem to remember being taught the etiquette of saluting. As I recall, part of it was along the lines of "remember you are not saluting the individual but the commission or rank". Seemed fair to me at the time and I applied it over some 25 years.

Fair enough, there were a few individuals I felt didn't deserve to hold the commission or their rank. But I remembered my training and saluted.

Now, I happen to think Trump is a prime wanker but, when he visits, I will give him the respect due his office.

Seems fair.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by OFSO » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Agree completely and something these layabout kids and lefties will never comprehend until the day that Russian T-34 tanks pour through the Fulda Gap and send them off, their arseholes hooting in fear, crying for NATO to defend them.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#11 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:16 am

om15 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:27 pm
Just a further note if I may, we recall how Mr David Lammy has recently brought ridicule upon himself by referring to Jacob Rees Mogg as a Nazi, this is what he says ( from the K&C link) about Mr Trump
David Lammy described Trump as “deluded, dishonest, xenophobic, narcissistic” and not worthy of the UK’s highest honours and a banquet with the Queen. “Theresa May is selling out the UK to a serial liar and a cheat,” he said.
For those on this forum that are not familiar with this grossly unpleasant and rude Labour Member of Parliament who has taken it upon himself to comment on the choice of the Queen's dining guests, this is what he looks like, no surprises there is there.

untitled.png
I take it David Lammy doesn't meet with your approval then.

Anyway, unlike last time, this little excursion has all the potential to be considerably more emotionally charged when he trundles through London.....spare a thought also for the organisers of the event in Southsea, now faced with the unpalatable prospect of his attendance and overshadowing the ethos of the event.

Here's the Guardian's view.....this may not meet with universal approval on here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -a-mistake

The lighter side, so to speak...first, the RAF will be getting 26 types airborne.....so that's the BBMFS Chippy guaranteed a slot then.....and no less than 11 Navy ships, or boats ( some nautical persons get terribly upset when the wrong term is used ) so that probably means the RIB on recruiting duties outside the Marines holiday camp "somewhere near Exmouth " will disappear for a few days as well.

It's stretching the imagination a bit, well actually, it's not so much stretched, more like exceeded it's tensile strength, to describe the event as offered in the link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... uk-in-june

Capetonian

#12 Post by Capetonian » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:03 am

What a stupid title for a thread...

I wouldn't have even glanced at it if I had realised the insignificance of both the posting and the poster.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by om15 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 am

I take it David Lammy doesn't meet with your approval then.
I am completely indifferent to the existence of Mr Lammy. My point is that if Mr Rees Mogg, suddenly for no reason, referred to Mr Lammy as a Rwandan genocide war lord then much would be said, however in this case it is thought by the right on left to be perfectly acceptable.

Enjoy your day out protesting, I'm sure that Mr Trump will take note of your presence.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#14 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:21 am

Capetonian wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:03 am
What a stupid title for a thread...

I wouldn't have even glanced at it if I had realised the insignificance of both the posting and the poster.
That's being rather harsh about yourself now isn't it..... as you didn't originate the post.

And for somebody who allegedly doesn't read my posts, may I helpfully suggest you make an appointment with an optician because ones name is clearly visible below the title.

"Enjoy your day out protesting, I'm sure that Mr Trump will take note of your presence

I will, well apart from having to be in London that is. I think it's reasonable to say however, that, Trump may well notice me......along with the many others in attendance on the day.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:03 am

It does seem odd that Mrs May promised over 80 times that she would take us out of the EU on the 29th of March, but she breaks protocol by promising just once to invite PotUS to a State Visit during his first term and she keeps that promise.

Something is wrong with that equation.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by om15 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 am

I think that the recognised total figure of the false and untruthful promise to leave the EU on 29th March 2019 made by Mrs May is 108 occasions.
I think that the invitation for State Visits is made by the Queen, presumably she is wishing to meet the character that she hears so much about, in any event it is rather likely that Mrs May will not actually be PM at the time of the visit, perhaps Mr Corbyn will be the gracious host, now that would be amusing to watch.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:53 am

The invitation is formally made by the Queen, but on the recommendation of the PM.

Mrs May extended the invitation within a fortnight of Chump taking power. That is unprecedented on a President's first term.

The Queen is well used to having to thole dodgy characters on such visits. Remember Ceaucescu?

It would be funny though if Boris is PM when Chump arrives. It would be the first time a US citizen has, in the capacity of Head of Government, welcomed a President who is also his own Head of Government. A very peculiar situation.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by ian16th » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:53 am
The invitation is formally made by the Queen, but on the recommendation of the PM.

Mrs May extended the invitation within a fortnight of Chump taking power. That is unprecedented on a President's first term.

The Queen is well used to having to thole dodgy characters on such visits. Remember Ceaucescu?

It would be funny though if Boris is PM when Chump arrives. It would be the first time a US citizen has, in the capacity of Head of Government, welcomed a President who is also his own Head of Government. A very peculiar situation.
Boris disowned his US citizenship, because of the the US tax regime.
Cynicism improves with age

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Ah! I'd read that he was going to, but he would have been hit with a severance tax bill of millions so he decided not to.

I'm out of date if he went ahead with his renunciation of the American curse.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by ian16th » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:41 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 pm
Ah! I'd read that he was going to, but he would have been hit with a severance tax bill of millions so he decided not to.

I'm out of date if he went ahead with his renunciation of the American curse.
I'm probably the out of date one. It is not a story I've followed.
I read where he was being clobbered for capital gains tax on the sale of a house in UK, and that he was going to get rid of the US passport.
Cynicism improves with age