The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Slasher

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#41 Post by Slasher » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:06 am

I didn't really think she was going around unbonked Sise!

He looks like he's saying "Yeh. I get me a bit of that every night."

Capetonian

#42 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:32 am

Back to topic, the police have said they will 'examine a case of alleged incitement' against the woman.

Jo Brand told comedy panel show she fantasised about throwing battery acid

Nigel Farage today called Jo Brand an 'overpaid, so-called comedian'

Ofcom has so far received 65 complaints about episode with Brand's comments

Met Police today confirmed they will examine case of alleged incitement

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#43 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:40 am

Capetonian wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:32 am
Back to topic, the police have said they will 'examine a case of alleged incitement' against the woman.

Jo Brand told comedy panel show she fantasised about throwing battery acid

Nigel Farage today called Jo Brand an 'overpaid, so-called comedian'

Ofcom has so far received 65 complaints about episode with Brand's comments

Met Police today confirmed they will examine case of alleged incitement
No, she didn't say she fantasised about throwing battery acid.....what she said is included below. She also said she was opposed to any form of action of this nature irrespective of the fluid involved.

Farage, being the opportunist that he is, promptly adapted the remark to promote himself..."every little helps " as the well known strapline goes.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... cid-remark

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:10 am

So many people posting here seem to be devoid of a sense of humour. The worst Jo Brand was guilty of was being tasteless, which she always is. There are also hypocrites here. Had she said that about the Corbyn or Abbott, few would have bothered posting. As for attacking her facial looks, that's pure childishness.

Capetonian

#45 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:21 am

I am far from devoid of a sense of humour but I have never found anything remotely entertaining about her. She is vile.

You are right about hypocrisy. Of course I exclude myself!

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 am

This raddled and unappetising old women makes a living by this sort of shrill humourless offering, at least I suppose she is trying to support herself and keep off benefits.
Who it was aimed at is irrelevant, it was a pre recorded programme, the BBC editorial team considered it to be acceptable, that is where the blame lies in all this.

Have you noticed the lefties are getting some opposition now, accustomed to saying anything they like about anybody they don't like, they are now being held to account, we don't hear much from Citizen Khan since Mr Trump bit back. I hope the BBC are ashamed of themselves over this, but doubt it.

A young man aged 25 was subject to an acid attack two years ago, I heard him last night on the radio expressing a wish to meet both the comedienne and the BBC team to explain exactly the physical effects of acid thrown on the face, Brand herself doesn't seem to be very contrite as she claims that women have to put up with much worse such as being raped and murdered, so that's alright then.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#47 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 am

om15 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 am
This raddled and unappetising old women makes a living by this sort of shrill humourless offering, at least I suppose she is trying to support herself and keep off benefits.
Who it was aimed at is irrelevant, it was a pre recorded programme, the BBC editorial team considered it to be acceptable, that is where the blame lies in all this.

Have you noticed the lefties are getting some opposition now, accustomed to saying anything they like about anybody they don't like, they are now being held to account, we don't hear much from Citizen Khan since Mr Trump bit back. I hope the BBC are ashamed of themselves over this, but doubt it.

A young man aged 25 was subject to an acid attack two years ago, I heard him last night on the radio expressing a wish to meet both the comedienne and the BBC team to explain exactly the physical effects of acid thrown on the face, Brand herself doesn't seem to be very contrite as she claims that women have to put up with much worse such as being raped and murdered, so that's alright then.
If you can make the effort, a little bit more about Ms Brand....non of which reflects the narrative and vituperative comments being made against her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Brand

As Trump is no longer desecrating our shores, there would be little, or no, point in continuing to expose him for what he is.

Back to the perennial anti-BBC diatribes, irrespective of the fact the organisation is one of the best public service broadcasters and provides a range of services considerably more extensive than any private sector broadcaster would even contemplate offering.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:30 am

Yes very informative, this was my original question,

Do we feel that the non negotiable licence fee that elderly and frail old age pensioners will have to pay should be spent on employing people to incite violence towards politicians or not.

Any chance of an answer?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:45 am

K&C - I'm afraid you are hoist by your own petard here.
You say
"No, she didn't say she fantasised about throwing battery acid....."

Your wiki link says
"Brand said "Why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?" She later added: "That’s just me, sorry, I’m not gonna do it, it’s purely a fantasy, but I think milk shakes are pathetic, I honestly do. Sorry."

We also note she is a "a staunch supporter of the Labour Party" so obviously OFSO's scenario of
"Had she said that about the Corbyn or Abbott," would presumably be just a fantasy too?

She is indeed a disgusting piece of pseudo humanity.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#50 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:05 am

om15 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:30 am
Yes very informative, this was my original question,

Do we feel that the non negotiable licence fee that elderly and frail old age pensioners will have to pay should be spent on employing people to incite violence towards politicians or not.

Any chance of an answer?
Certainly.

The "incitement to violence " is a convenient, and flawed, statement in that she did not directly state this should happen. Neither did she fantasise about such.

Was the joke in bad taste ?.....in one sense it was, but, there again, the name of the show should be an indicator here.

The licence fee is a separate issue, however, as you mentioned it, feel free to remind us which party, currently in Gov't albeit not for much longer, reduced the funding to the BBC

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:07 am

Neither did she fantasise about such.
- come on man! Stop fantasising.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#52 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:08 am

Boac wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:45 am
K&C - I'm afraid you are hoist by your own petard here.
You say
"No, she didn't say she fantasised about throwing battery acid....."

Your wiki link says
"Brand said "Why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?" She later added: "That’s just me, sorry, I’m not gonna do it, it’s purely a fantasy, but I think milk shakes are pathetic, I honestly do. Sorry."

We also note she is a "a staunch supporter of the Labour Party" so obviously OFSO's scenario of
"Had she said that about the Corbyn or Abbott," would presumably be just a fantasy too?

She is indeed a disgusting piece of pseudo humanity.
So it does, well done for spotting that and bringing this to my attention. A rare lapse on my part it seems.

Capetonian

#53 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:09 am

She made a joke?
I must have missed something.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:13 am

Any chance of an answer?

Yes. I can't believe that Paul Merton and Ian Hislop trouser GBP20,000 per episode for that clapped-out old HIGNFY. As for retired footballers who earn a fortune promoting unhealthy foods also being paid GBP1,750,000 a year..........just wonder how many others there are earning hundreds of thousands for doing very little. That's where the problem lies. Start paying 'entertainers' a realistic sum - better still, find some new ones, cut the number of staff by 80%, and we wouldn't be having this debate.

We have a free, no-subscription, feed of all UK channels on the internet. I never look at it except Yesterday on Sunday night for 'Allo 'Allo. BBC, forget it. Nothing of interest.

Sisemen

#55 Post by Sisemen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:30 am

She’ll get a timely smack on wrist and a bit of a hiatus in her career as well as a much-needed reality check and put the fellow leftist ‘comedians’ who have been getting away with murder of late on notice.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:54 am

Is she related to that hideous Russell Brand?

For those who do not know him:
"Russell Brand is an award-winning comedian, writer, actor and presenter. He is one of the most recognisable and best-loved comedy performers in the world, ..."

A totally unfunny 'comedian', and, I note, an avid Labour supporter too. He also has been paid money by "one of the best public service broadcasters" for his foul-mouthed behaviour, so there may be a genetic connection.

Oh - wait a minute - the quote above is from his own website............... =))

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 am

Left wing comedians in London seem to have forgotten they are only the act. Just the entertainment. They are who those actually making a grown-up contribution to society, such as nurses, firemen, bus and train drivers, turn to at the end of a hard week and say, ‘come on then, make me laugh. Tell us a joke.’

In days gone by they would be nothing more than a court jester, or juggler, whose political opinions would have seen them pinned to a tree with a lance and then tossed over the wall.

However, thanks to the liberal left wing BBC we find a whole array of so-called funny men, like Russell Brand and Eddie Izzard, who seem to think that their platform as court jester naturally provides the self-entitled right to bash, bully and browbeat a paying audience of decent people, who come for a pint and a laugh, into sharing their political opinions.
You can read the full article by Albert Jack here.

https://albertjack.com/2019/03/15/unfun ... comedians/

I have no idea what levels HIGNFY has sunk to, I stopped watching it years ago, it doesn't surprise me that the "stars" are paid vast sums, after all it is our money and the BBC merely have to ask for more, if we don't pay we go to prison, quite easy for them really.
The State Broadcasting organisation in Russia does not charge licence fees, partly funded by advertisements, so it is possible to produce left wing propaganda without imposing huge costs on those who don't wish to receive it.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:26 am

I say give her a good spanking, and call it quits.

Btw, it's the hypocrisy that annoys me- not what she said. Let her away with it by all means, and then let everyone away with it from now on.
It's about time that we let comedians, come out with whatever they feel like, without someone taking offence.

Pinning this hideous harridan for her comments simply ensures that our present wankerish level of discourse continues.

I say let people make jokes, in bad and in good taste, funny, or not so funny.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Ah, yes, well and good, but if anyone else cracks a joke or makes a comment that they (the unwashed left) don't like they are up in arms, racism, political correctness and so on.

I think that Brand should be binned, if only for not being funny if nothing else, her size, appearance and political beliefs are her problem.

I really hope that the BBC is put under the spotlight over this and other subjects, part of K&Cs comment is valid, they do produce professional programmes, it is just their propensity for left wing bias and ridiculous comedy/quiz programmes.

The presenters pay is another matter, splurging other peoples money on garbage is not thought to be inappropriate by the left because that is their mantra.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#60 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:35 am

om15 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:28 pm
Ah, yes, well and good, but if anyone else cracks a joke or makes a comment that they (the unwashed left) don't like they are up in arms, racism, political correctness and so on.

I think that Brand should be binned, if only for not being funny if nothing else, her size, appearance and political beliefs are her problem.

I really hope that the BBC is put under the spotlight over this and other subjects, part of K&Cs comment is valid, they do produce professional programmes, it is just their propensity for left wing bias and ridiculous comedy/quiz programmes.

The presenters pay is another matter, splurging other peoples money on garbage is not thought to be inappropriate by the left because that is their mantra.
I think it's fair to say this isn't going to be well received on here, albeit the Met have made the right decision . No doubt the Met are in collusion with the BBC and another haven of left wing ideologists ......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48640411

Whilst I am a passionate supporter of the BBC, this doesn't make then immune from criticism. When it comes to pomp and ceremony, the coverage is excessive and vomit inducing......several of you probably get formally dressed and sit / stand to attention whilst viewing of course, and some of their reality shows are equally dire. "The One Show " is nothing more than a self centred luvvie adoration outlet, complete with pasty chops when not ruining "Countryfile " ( which is an excellent programme....when he's not involved ) but the quality of their Natural history programmes cannot be disputed.

On the subject of presenters, if there's one in particular who stands out as being overpaid, and utterly talentless, and many would wonder as to why he hasn't been kicked into oblivion long ago, it has to be Steve Wright.

And a special mention for Ms Geographically Vacuous, Sally Traffic, an absolute whiz on the A303, Hammersmith flyover and Oxford Street, but unable to distinguish between the M6 and the M1 when it comes to incidents elsewhere in the UK.