The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#1001 Post by barkingmad » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:21 am

That’s all the bad news dealt with and now for the good news about Auntie Beeb.

There is a proposal to increase the inappropriately named “licence fee” by £13 per annum on top of the current £159, I can’t be arsed to do the maths on what is the percentage increase.

Anyway, the increased revenue will enable more and higher standards of output to be commissioned in addition to keeping the crisp salesman aboard and whatever expenses were involved in the exercise in my post here #997... ~X(

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1002 Post by llondel » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:05 pm

Woody wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:07 am
The Fail didn’t carry this story at all, but did have the usual quota of stories about a couple who’ve moved to California
What? We're in the news again? Ohhhh. that couple.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1003 Post by barkingmad » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:59 pm

It seems as if the TV Licensing goons employed by Crapita are getting panicky since Lineker highlighted the issue of value for money from Auntie Beeb.

In my southern kennel, where I spend very short periods of time, I have the collection of letters referred to in the comments appended to this video, including a recent scary one which promised me someone to talk to 15th of this month, which I post for the benefit of any here who are being harassed;

Bring back the detector vans as at least one could have some sport with them, that is if they ever worked? :))

Though from the comments it appears as if they never worked in the first place and were just a Stasi-like threat to the peasantry.

:O3

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1004 Post by OFSO » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:55 pm

When a T2A with the GPO, I was seconded for a few weeks to the detector van department. We drove slowly down streets in L*icester while I rotated the antenna on the roof. And no, the receiver didn't work and never had. Still brought about panicked applications for licence fees. We had the right to enter premises to see if a TV receiver was in use, and in one occasion discovered an incident in progress which appalled me, a young innocent lad.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1005 Post by llondel » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:16 am

Before I was married and living alone, I never bothered with a TV. Had all sorts of threatening letters from the TV Licence mob. Sadly, they never turned up while I was at home because that would have been good entertainment on its own. I did get a red letter once, which pretty much said "get a licence within seven days or else". I was keenly awaiting the "or else", but it never showed up.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1006 Post by barkingmad » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:52 pm

First we have this brilliant management money-saving whizz so's the crisp salesman can be retained;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64875989

Then soon after we have this glorious reverse ferret thanks to offers of help with the dosh;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65063238

This is the location where fantasy becomes reality;

~X( X(

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1007 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:37 pm

Are these guys in trouble with this? :-? :ymdevil:

PHXPhlyer post_id=363362 time=1679765688 user_id=320]

PP

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1008 Post by barkingmad » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:52 am

Oh please Auntie Beeb, STFU and stop drawing attention to yourself as part of our new Soviet model of Truthspeak;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65226481

The fact that old ladies have been sentenced with criminal offences because they were found watching the rubbish output of BBC TV without a £159 ‘licence’ speaks volumes for the tie between the Beeb and government.

Here is a reminder, from 16 months ago, of the cosy tie-up between the various news media outlets to stifle discussion and information which was considered misinformation or disinformation but which would actually have saved lives if the repression of alternative remedies had never happened;

https://michellerabinphd.substack.com/p ... initiative

What concerns me is that TPTB seem to think we the peasants have the memory of a goldfish and have conveniently forgotten how royally we were screwed starting 3 years ago! ~X(

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1009 Post by Ibbie » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:09 am

When will the Bad Broadcasting Company stop referring to Aldi and Lidl as "the discounters", instead of referring to them by their correct names. as they do for Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose et al.

It is pathetic.

Also this "Island of Ireland" nonsense needs canning.

The pathetic attempts to make up stories is getting more and more transparent. An assumption yesterday by that Martha presenter that all students going to use the new campus that Joe opened, would be from Northern Ireland was another example of the stupidity being broadcast.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1010 Post by barkingmad » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:42 am

I will be very surprised if the Biased Brexit Connivers will repeat this segment of the Elon Musk interview in their “catchup” Apps;

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6324931964112

Earth open up and swallow me please, how excruciating and embarrassing, but then this poor junior reporter probably isn’t on a six-figure remuneration so it will be a mercy if his days are numbered?

And thank you GBNews :YMAPPLAUSE: for featuring a longer clip, with very long pauses in between the Beeb boy’s utterances, as he tries to marshal the few ill-informed neutrons in his cranium.

talmacapt
Capt
Capt

#1011 Post by talmacapt » Tue May 02, 2023 12:53 pm

Why oh why can't the BBC write proper English.

News headline today

"Soldier shoots dead politician he was guarding".

I wonder if they really mean that.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1012 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue May 02, 2023 2:56 pm

Why was he guarding a dead....?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1013 Post by Boac » Tue May 02, 2023 3:17 pm

Think positive! Shooting him made doubly sure, didn't it?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1014 Post by OFSO » Tue May 02, 2023 5:47 pm

Give that man a medal.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1015 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 30, 2023 10:20 am

If the Beeb are having a clearout of all the old crumblies, with whom will they replace them?

https://www.aol.co.uk/entertainment/rev ... 00925.html

Is there a vast stock of woke snowflakes queuing up to take their places in order to make the broadcaster more yoof-orientated and 'with-it'?

Bearing in mind most of that generation cannot spell wireless and never listen to it anyway, so it appears to be a self-destructive and dangerous manoeuvre for an already failing 'corporation'.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1016 Post by Boac » Tue May 30, 2023 10:51 am

Back to molehill engineering? I can see no mention in your link of "the Beeb ....having a clearout of all the old crumblies"?? In fact I see, in your link, the BBC said it “invited both presenters to Cardiff to continue the programme”. Have you blundered in your construction?

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1017 Post by tango15 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:23 pm

Boac wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:51 am
Back to molehill engineering? I can see no mention in your link of "the Beeb ....having a clearout of all the old crumblies"?? In fact I see, in your link, the BBC said it “invited both presenters to Cardiff to continue the programme”. Have you blundered in your construction?
I suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye. Richard Cole lives (quite literally) just down the road from me, although I rarely see him. I can imagine that he was less than impressed with the idea of moving from rural Northants to Cardiff. And why the need for the move anyway? Was there some 'encouragement', ie government grants, which made this worthwhile for the BBC? I think we should be told.

Whilst on the subject of the BBC, has anyone else watched '£10 Poms' on a Sunday night? This was a series of some interest to me initially, because I almost became one, and a couple of friends actually did, although they're both back in the UK now. However, Sunday night's third episode (of six) has put me right off it. One of the main strings in the drama has become (perhaps inevitably, it being the BBC), the relationship between the £10 Poms and the resident Aussies towards the indigenous people, formerly known as Aborigines. I have since spoken to both of my mates, both of whom pointed out a number of 'factual errors' in the series to date, and both of whom, having lived there for some years, never saw an indigenous person.
As I understand it, life was pretty difficult initially for the £10 Poms, and they weren't exactly welcomed with open arms, which might have made better viewing, but there always has to be an agenda with anything the BBC broadcasts...

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1018 Post by Boac » Tue May 30, 2023 12:28 pm

The BBC version of 'Coles to Cardiff"?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1019 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:30 am

We interrupt this broadcast with some breaking important Trusted News;

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/0 ... formation/

Are we paying a tax in the UK to fund an “misinformation superspreader”?

And what is the difference ‘twixt MISinformation and DISinformation anyway?

Replies may be submitted on the blank pages of the Baroness Hallett Covid19 report to be found in the fiction section of all good libraries, long after we’re dead...

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1020 Post by OneHungLow » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:42 am

barkingmad wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:30 am
We interrupt this broadcast with some breaking important Trusted News;

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/0 ... formation/

Are we paying a tax in the UK to fund an “misinformation superspreader”?

And what is the difference ‘twixt MISinformation and DISinformation anyway?

Replies may be submitted on the blank pages of the Baroness Hallett Covid19 report to be found in the fiction section of all good libraries, long after we’re dead...
Not like Breitbart are averse to spreading their own disinformation mind you! Tendentious is their middle name.

Pot, kettle, black comes to mind.
The observer of fools in military south and north...