The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#181 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:44 am

'Racism"

You can make racism illegal but you can't stop casual racism. In today's paper (red top) about an Apprentice contestant. A 19yr old female told another to "shut up Gandhi" .

Mrs PN said that is just ignorance but I say it is learnt ignorance. You are not going to legislate it out.

Capetonian

#182 Post by Capetonian » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:56 am

I would have thought that being called Gandhi would be a compliment, although maybe not to someone of Pakistani descent. Quite honestly, who gives a toss about these vile bitchy back-stabbing slappers being exploited as a result of their own vanity and choice.

I watched the programme only because it featured South Africa. The contestants, all of them, made me want to vomit.

Holding racist views cannot be an offence. Practising racism is rather different.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#183 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:57 am

I have noticed that 'women of colour' seem to pervade our screens. By that I don't mean to be racist but simply observe that females particularly of Indian origin seen to be disproportionately represented in news broadcasts and in politics.

I think it curious that there are far fewer prominent people of African origin with the Labour front bench being the acceptance.

Dare I say it, but is it because the Indians are more attractive and better spoken?

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#184 Post by Wodrick » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:05 am

I think that it is also the Asians, particularly the women, although some men, are diligent at school, come out with better grades, get better degrees, so it is natural that they proliferate.
Not just TV but the professions too, more and more of them.

2d
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Capetonian

#185 Post by Capetonian » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:06 am

"Dare I say it, but is it because the Indians are more attractive and better spoken?"

Dare I add to that, that it is because Indians (and others from the sub-continent) are more intelligent and better educated, since they place value on education and each generation is more highly educated than the preceding one. That is why they are successful and prominent.

Africans .... don't get me started.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#186 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:09 am

Cape, I admit to watching out of curiosity but also this time as we went there a few years ago. I organised two tours before we went. One was to a game park not far from Cape town and we saw 4 of the big 5 albeit the lions had been orphaned and were in a large secure paddock (we were in the paddock too). Also had a four hour tour that included Lions Head and the vineyards. The guide was the wife as the husband wasn't available. She was a Scot who had emigrated when she was young child. After four hours we stopped for lunch and bought her lunch too. The tour continued for another four hours. It didn't cost R2,500 each.

Both tours were well under R1,000 and were just us and the guide.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#187 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:13 am

Wodrick and Cape, and therein lies our problem 'dare we say it'.

BTW, in my last job we had one Leroy of slave ancestry. Shall we say he was of similar appearance to Usain Bolt, delightful chap. Country origin and culture has more influence than race.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#188 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:07 am

Out of curiosity I’ve searched through the online BBC News app and can find no reference to Speaker Bercow conniving with the new (previously unknown) EU president.

Both Bercow and the Beeb have been under criticism for months due to their lack of impartiality re Brexit so this appears to confirm our worst fears.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#189 Post by Ibbie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 am

Another NOT "In Our Time" mispresentation from that stuck up git Melvin Bragg on Radio4 this morning with more of his hi-brow mates as guests, having a conversation that would be more suited to a private dinner for them. Some guests even having to be prompted by Bragg as to what to bring up.

17th century today........In Our Time I think not.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#190 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Ibbie, I admire your persistence in actually listening to all or part of the Melvyn Tharg show!

By the time his trailered summary of the day’s show has aired I realise I’m functioning at a much lower cerebral level, can’t understand what he’s droning on about and as I rapidly lose the will to live I activate the OFF switch or retune asap.

This also occurs with Radio4, formerly my fav station, when the inevitable horde of Remoaners are given disproportionate air time to tell me I’m ignorant, racist and of low intelligence and how they know better!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#191 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:26 am

Thought it couldn’t get any worse!

Beeb Radio4 today ‘Start the Week’ intro sounded like the Melvyn Tharg gibberish content but being spoken by Andrew Marr who seems to be taking over this “intellectual” slot. ~X(

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#192 Post by k3k3 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:56 am

Sky News this morning, now presented by Kay Burley, spent ten minutes discussing next years wedding of one of Prince Andrew's daughters, so much more important than Syria, Japan, Brexit etc.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#193 Post by OFSO » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:15 am

Today's BBC headline:

"Satellites to monitor whales from space."

I hope the whales have a good reentry system with large 'chutes. Don't fancy tons of charred blubber crashing on my head.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#194 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am

I have heard that there is a huge Humpback expected to pass close to the earth in 2021

Slasher

#195 Post by Slasher » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:38 am

OFSO wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:15 am
I hope the whales have a good reentry system with large 'chutes. Don't fancy tons of charred blubber crashing on my head.
Nor bowls if petunias.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#196 Post by k3k3 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:28 am

Oh no, not again...

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#197 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:22 pm

A small piece of fairy cake is what we need....

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#198 Post by OFSO » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Am I imagining it or did I read a few months ago that physicists in some university have managed to synthesise a complete replica of our universe which is now stored on some multi-terabyte hard drive ? No fairy cake needed, either. When they start selling replicas on USB drives I want one to move into. Wouldn't need the whole universe either. Just a small cluster near the Rim would do.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#199 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:45 pm

Make sure you have a large enough monitor....

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#200 Post by barkingmad » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:59 am

How do they manage to screw things up so often?

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-b ... 331AQCKAE=

Cockup theory or deliberate tampering?