The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#941 Post by Boac » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:38 pm

Have I missed the suggestions of 'WMD' in the Ukraine or is it another conspiracy theory?

Bob
Capt
Capt

#942 Post by Bob » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:21 pm

tango15 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:25 am
A few weeks ago, few people could point to Ukraine on a map, despite the fact that it is the largest country in Europe.

I think its the 'Europe' part that rightly Confuses people
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#943 Post by barkingmad » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:36 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:38 pm
Have I missed the suggestions of 'WMD' in the Ukraine or is it another conspiracy theory?
bo, maybe you are confused between WMD and WMD, so maybe reread the previous posts to get a clue as to what is being discussed?

Clue: The fog of war and propaganda might be connected with the upcoming conflict.

Otherwise you may retire to a darkened room and contemplate how you might have disported yourself in the back garden had you attained Air rank? :)) =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#944 Post by Boac » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:47 pm

bo, maybe you are confused between WMD and WMD?
Yes, you are right. How is the treatment going?

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#945 Post by tango15 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:50 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:21 pm
tango15 wrote:
A few weeks ago, few people could point to Ukraine on a map, despite the fact that it is the largest country in Europe.

With borders with Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Hungary, all EU members, surely it shouldn't be too confusing.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#946 Post by Bob » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:39 pm

tango15 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:50 pm
Bob wrote:
tango15 wrote:

With borders with Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Hungary, all EU members, surely it shouldn't be too confusing.
I dont think you thought that one through (that large border with Russia was still there last time I looked),...confusing isnt it? :YMPARTY:

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#947 Post by tango15 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:38 am

Bob wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:39 pm
tango15 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:50 pm
Bob wrote:

I dont think you thought that one through (that large border with Russia was still there last time I looked),...confusing isnt it? :YMPARTY:
In diplomatic circles, and I believe in the UN as well, Russia west of the Urals is considered as part of Europe, at least geographically.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#948 Post by Bob » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:59 pm

Diplomatic circles?, would that be the Domain inhabited by the likes of our very own Lizz Truss who blunders around wondering why people laugh when she miss-places the odd Sea by a few thousand miles...keep digging matey you'll come out the other side one day =))

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#949 Post by FD2 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:26 pm

Bob wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:59 pm
Diplomatic circles?, would that be the Domain inhabited by the likes of our very own Lizz Truss who blunders around wondering why people laugh when she miss-places the odd Sea by a few thousand miles...keep digging matey you'll come out the other side one day =))
Thanks for letting us know that tango15. There are some here, like Bobb above, who have such big axes to grind they may not have known that or forgotten it in their haste to make their point.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#950 Post by llondel » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:44 am

Ibbie wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:10 am
BBC News "on all platforms across the BBC" appears to be spreading false news and personal opinions about Ukrainian situation today. Some, if not most, of the reporting is bordering on the hysterical. "People are fleeing".....err...No.

This is speedily heading for "Weapons of Mass Destruction" volume 2.
To be fair to the BBC, it appears that things did kick off tonight and I doubt if it's their fault. Big air exclusion zone over Ukraine and reports of explosions being heard, plus Putin said he had authorised an incursion into the eastern part of Ukraine.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

An old town clerk looking at European affairs through the wrong end of a municipal drainpipe

#951 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:06 am

Bob, bless him, sometimes looks at these things askew, and reminds me of David Lloyd George's comment about the appeaser Chamberlain (the comment is often misquoted or is attributed to Churchill).

"Mr Chamberlain views everything through the wrong end of a municipal drain-pipe."

Bob, of course, is quite right to call out Liz Truss though!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#952 Post by barkingmad » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:58 am

As long as one is aware of which end of the municipal drainpipe one is using to “scope” the ‘news’, then it should be no problem to spot the ‘fake noos’ about any topic, unless of course the BIT are once again at work.

The BIT have achieved such enormous success over the past couple of years in particular, so when it comes to reporting on Ukraine and any other major story we can expect the same united chorus of horse manure to be spouted ad nauseam to the plebs.

From the Branch Covidians’ daily briefing;

—-:Towards the end of last year, Laura Dodsworth and Toby Young complained to Ofcom about a collaboration between Sky U.K. and the Behavioural Insights Team – then part-owned by the Cabinet Office – to use “behavioural science principles”, including subliminal messaging, to encourage viewers to endorse and comply with the Government’s ‘Net Zero’ agenda. That is, Sky bragged about joining forces with a unit that was part-owned by the U.K. Government to use covert psychological techniques to try to persuade viewers to endorse one of the U.K. Government’s most politically contentious policies – and encouraged other broadcasters to do the same! Alarmingly, the joint report by Sky and the BIT also recommended broadcasters utilise these same covert techniques to change the behaviour of children “because of the important influence they have on the attitude and behaviours of their parents”.:—-

The applicable description under which the complaint was filed was casually dismissed by OfCom as they had no specific program against which a case might be made so that’s all right then, nothing to see here, move along...

So in future, keep your eyes peeled and ears open for material which might qualify under;

“Ofcom’s Broadcasting code – in particular, paragraph 11 of section two, entitled ‘Harm and Offence’:
Broadcasters must not use techniques which exploit the possibility of conveying a message to viewers or listeners, or of otherwise influencing their minds without their being aware, or fully aware, of what has occurred.”

It will be easy to recognise such material as it will likely follow the format to which we have all become accustomed recently.

For example, simpletons’ slogans such as “Hands, Face, Arse” and “Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Die at Home” will doubtless be piped into our homes at our expense as taxpayers. Welcome to the “New Normal”!!!

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#953 Post by Woody » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:03 pm

When all else fails, read the instructions.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#954 Post by barkingmad » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:39 pm

Possibly yet another "tea, no biscuits" interview scheduled at the Beeb, already finding itself under threat from the UK guvvment;

Open mouth, insert both feet, start speaking without engaging brain? [-X

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#955 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 am

Well done Beeb, keeping up the good work to the highest standards as specified in you Charter;

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/bbc-news-pro ... 59021.html

You'd better smarten up or you may follow RT down the road to Ofcom's Gulag Archipelago... :-o

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#956 Post by tango15 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:51 am

Every time I see Jeremy Vine, I wonder whether he and Tim had the same parents. To me at least, he's a very strange guy. Seems extremely naïve in some matters which most people take for granted. I don't know whether it's an act or he really is a bit dim. Anyone who rides around on a penny farthing has got to be a sandwich short of a picnic!!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#957 Post by OFSO » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:53 pm

Not a mention on the BBC News of the Whitechapel tower block fire, last night. All their reporters in Ukraine, no doubt. So a fire attended by 120 firemen in the City isn't worth reporting.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#958 Post by om15 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:56 pm

They were unable to directly attribute the fire to Priti Patel so didn't bother to feature (or even mention) it.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#959 Post by barkingmad » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:59 pm

Ooh dear, Auntie Beeb just can’t stop shooting herself in the foot by shooting her mouth off yet again;

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/04/12/bbc ... e-friends/

If the 100+ comments following the article are typical of the great British public then there may be trouble ahead. [-X ~X(

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#960 Post by Ibbie » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:55 am

The way the BBC is acting and reporting, including the comment of it's selected interviewees on the matter, they should not be surprised if the Government, after passing this hurdle, withdraws their licence to broadcast with immediate effect.