The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

The disgraceful BBC

#1 Post by om15 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:55 pm

In a Radio 4 "comedy" show the left wing comedian Jo Brand joked that certain politicians deserve battery acid thrown over them instead of milkshakes, the BBC audience were much amused at her wit.
I think that the BBC should sack her for incitement to violence, of course this won't happen, my question for the panel is..
Do we feel that the non negotiable licence fee that elderly and frail old age pensioners will have to pay should be spent on employing people to incite violence towards politicians or not.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#2 Post by k3k3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Which programme and when?

Capetonian

#3 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:22 pm

I am not sure one can blame the BBC, other than for their appalling judgment in giving airtime to that vile, ugly, Labour supporting, unfunny, butch and crude Brand creature. Ironic that she shares her surname with that ghastly Russell Brand.

If I am watching TV, which is rare, and rarer still that it would be a BBC 'comedy' show, as soon as I hear that coarse grating voice or see that ugly blob of lard, I hit the off button.

I thought she was from 'oop North' which would explain a lot, but apparently she's from Kent/Sussex where one might expect a better class of person.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 pm

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by om15 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 pm

The Programme was yesterday evening (11/06/19) on Radio 4, the programme was called "Heresy".

Details are here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48611424

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 pm

The BBC are defending it as humour. The more important question is why the BBC haven't had a right wing comic on for 20 years.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Woody » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 pm
The BBC are defending it as humour. The more important question is why the BBC haven't had a right wing comic on for 20 years.
Apart from the Tory Party, are there any :D
When all else fails, read the instructions.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by BenThere » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 pm

I would think that among the millions who have migrated to the Brexit Party you could find a few good comedians.

BBC is so wrapped up in the Remain narrative I don't think you'll find much there. Just snark.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Woody » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 pm

BenThere wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 pm
I would think that among the millions who have migrated to the Brexit Party you could find a few good comedians.
You would laugh, if they weren’t so scary!
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#10 Post by Nick Riviera » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Lots of defending Brand going on from those who are saying it was just a joke. They didn't seem to have the same attitude regarding Danny Baker's joke which got him sacked from the BBC.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:49 pm

The fatcunt, who thinks that throwing battery acid in someone's face is funny, is a former psychiatric nurse!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:02 pm

Compare with the joke that got Danny Baker fired.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/09/uk/danny ... index.html

p.s. can someone please explain how it is racist?

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#13 Post by k3k3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 pm

The Sun has put it on the front page, calling for the police to investigate Brand.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:30 pm

I doubt anything will come of it, but at least a couple of BBC execs probably won't be enjoying themselves in the Cotswolds this weekend.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#15 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:12 am

Capetonian wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:22 pm
I am not sure one can blame the BBC, other than for their appalling judgment in giving airtime to that vile, ugly, Labour supporting, unfunny, butch and crude Brand creature. Ironic that she shares her surname with that ghastly Russell Brand.

If I am watching TV, which is rare, and rarer still that it would be a BBC 'comedy' show, as soon as I hear that coarse grating voice or see that ugly blob of lard, I hit the off button.

I thought she was from 'oop North' which would explain a lot, but apparently she's from Kent/Sussex where one might expect a better class of person.
" I think that the BBC should sack her for incitement to violence, of course this won't happen, my question for the panel is..
Do we feel that the non negotiable licence fee that elderly and frail old age pensioners will have to pay should be spent on employing people to incite violence towards politicians or not

Well, as the panel includes this erudite contribution from the sophisticated pastures of the South, it's hardly a surprise that her comment wasn't well received.

I would agree, it probably wasn't the best comment, but, as for inciting violence, presumably Nige threatening to storm the beaches and take Brussels by storm with his .303 was just Nige being the wag he is.

I've always liked Ms Brand's style of comedy, even more so when she lampoons the male of the species egos....so that's probably another reason why she isn't popular with some.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#16 Post by k3k3 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 am

It's not that complicated, there is nothing funny about acid attacks.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:48 am

I've always liked Ms Brand's style of comedy, even more so when she lampoons the male of the species egos
I fail to find anything at all humorous about this ghastly overweight unkempt harridan, her "jokes" incline towards being grossly unpleasant to people who have jobs or in any way seem to be successful in life.
She is a typical spiteful and envious leftie, no wit, no humour and no appeal. No wonder she is a rising star with the BBC.

Capetonian

#18 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:54 am

A
typical spiteful and envious leftie, no wit, no humour and no appeal.

Any resemblance to any other person, real.or imaginary, is purely coincidental.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Ibbie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:02 am

Have turned off Radio 4 again this morning when that prat Melvin Bragg came on with his "In Our Time " feature.

Basically a mouthpeace for extremely boring Bragg to prattle on with his equally boring friends about anything which has nothing to do with being "in our time". Far from it. Much of it is historical, very historical. This morning it was The Incas being discussed. Very much of the present day are they.....not!

Who allows such utter garbage to be broadcast?

Worse still, who commisioned it and at what cost?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by om15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:36 am

It doesn't matter what the cost is, that is completely irrelevant, if they run out of money they will merely take it off elderly, defenceless frail old people, and threaten to put them in prison if they don't pay.
This monstrous injustice is featured in Nigel's plan for the future, he feels that paying Andrew Marr £400K per annum for his leftie rubbish is not value for money and intends to take action on this, another good reason to vote for the Brexit Party.