The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#681 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:02 pm

My Volvo is 8 years old.
So far it has had three injectors and a rear suspension spring replaced under Volvo extended warranty.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#682 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:30 am

Start the New Year with more lies and propaganda and carry on as normal;

“Yesterday, Radio 5 Live broadcast an interview with an emotional intensive care doctor who said that people who don’t follow social distancing rules or wear masks “have blood on their hands”.

Professor Hugh Montgomery said hospitals were facing a “tsunami” of Covid cases and he feared it would get worse after New Year’s Eve. Among his more outlandish claims were that one person could infect “hundreds of thousands of people” and “whole families are getting wiped out”, including children. Really? If an entire family had died of COVID-19, I think we’d have heard about it by now.

No doubt Prof Montgomery has the best of intentions, but he should pause to consider that between 20% and 30% of Covid patients in hospitals have become infected since being admitted. In reality, no one has “blood on their hands” because no one intentionally infects another person. But if you’re going to assign blame, surely he and his NHS colleagues have to accept some responsibility as well?”

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#683 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:38 am

Description follows of yesterday’s New Year’s Eve fireworks display as choreagraphed by the BBC, which managed to tick every woke box in the book. Has there every been a better reason not to pay the licence fee? The Telegraph has more.

“London welcomed the dawn of 2021 – or perhaps the end of 2020 – with a dazzling light and fireworks show on the Thames, including tributes to the NHS and notable figures from the year of COVID-19.

As the BBC-televised display began, a male voice recited a poem that set the theme: “In the year of 2020 a new virus came our way; We knew what must be done and so to help we hid away.”

Amid the fireworks, several images filled the sky over the O2 Arena formed through the use of 300 drones, one of which showed the NHS logo in a love-heart while a child’s voice said “Thank you NHS heroes”.

A later tribute came for BAME NHS workers – “so many of the nurses and doctors and consultants and cleaners, the helping hands guiding us through this storm”.
But it wasn’t just our beloved NHS that got the hagiographic treatment.

As coloured lights shone at various points up the Thames, leading to more fireworks above Wembley Stadium, the Black Lives Matter movement was also recognised.

Viewers saw its clenched-fist symbol, which became recognised worldwide amid the protests which followed the death of Minnesota man George Floyd in police custody in May.

As if this wasn’t enough to have viewers reaching for their remote controls in the millions, the BBC somehow managed to shoehorn in a reference to climate change. During a fireworks display?!? Yes!

Finally, the show ended with an ecological rallying call in the much-loved voice of Sir David Attenborough, reminding all of a reality shown so starkly in the past 12 months – the fragility of life on earth.

“Our planet is unique – a living world of diversity and wonder,” Sir David said.

“It’s also fragile.

“With a new year comes the opportunity for change, and if we act in 2021 we can make a world of difference.

“Together we can turn things around. Together we can restore our fragile home, and make it a happy new year for all the inhabitants of planet Earth.”
The only thing missing from this parade of woke clichés was Harry and Meghan lecturing us about equality.

Edit to add: “MailOnline points out that no one sang “Auld Lang Syne” at the BBC’s fireworks display. And the bard who kicked off the festivities was George the Poet, famous for having turned down an OBE last year due to the “pure evil” of the British Empire.”

Just when you thought 2020 couldn’t get any worse…

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#684 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:06 pm

May I ask your wokiness for some guidance here, since I know you are far more aware of 'woke' matters than I - in order that I can avoid over-woking/over-BAMing this year, could you kindly (and woke-fully) highlight for me the 'woke' /'BAME' words in your line
A later tribute came for BAME NHS workers – “so many of the nurses and doctors and consultants and cleaners, the helping hands guiding us through this storm”.
?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#685 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:22 pm

I found bm depressing towards the end of last year to the extent, aided by a surfeit of good Sauvignon Blanc, that I was nasty to him, for which, what it is worth, I am sorry. Sadly he seems to have kicked off 2021 in equally negative vein. I can't blame myself this time. Imagine being stuck with him on a long flight with him bending your ear ad nauseum, with all these pointlessly negative waves (or whatever frequency the BBC used to broadcast on before it went digital) ...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#686 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:53 pm

Have a good year bm, I know bm's life matters too. Be righteous and go and enjoy this BBC production.

viewtopic.php?p=269290#p269290
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#687 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:37 am

“Sadly he seems to have kicked off 2021 in equally negative vein”. More like an artery methinks, the calendar has clicked over by one or two more days and as we will soon appreciate from observing the collective madness of the Covid-9184 circus of BoJo plus ‘medical eggspurts’, nothing has or will change because we’re now in 2021.

More on how the UK consumers of the Beeb’s output are regarding it even as it dives further into the ‘woke’ PC soup;

“Almost half of Britons think the BBC no longer represents their values amid declining levels of trust in the broadcaster, down from 62% in 2016. The Times has more.

The results are understood to chime with the unpublished research recently conducted by the BBC which found that residents of well-off and diverse neighbourhoods held the broadcaster in higher esteem than people from poorer and less diverse communities.

The findings also tally with an Ofcom report in November which said that the BBC’s bedrock older middle-class audience was going off it. The report added that it was seen as the least impartial public service broadcaster, below ITV, Channel 4, Sky and Channel 5. Fifty-four per cent of adults believe that it provides impartial news.

The new research, by YouGov, found 44% of the public thought that the BBC represented their values badly. This was particularly true of older people, with 48% saying that the BBC did not adequately represent their views. In the north of England it was 51% and Scotland 47%. Among those who voted for Brexit, 58% were unhappy with the overall stance of the corporation.

Asked how their views of the BBC had changed over the year only 4% said that its values had become more like theirs while 33% said it had become less like theirs. Older male viewers outside London and the southeast were the most likely to be dissatisfied with the BBC’s perceived values.

The findings come before a government review on public sector broadcasting. Boris Johnson has made little secret of his desire to reform the BBC amid speculation that the licence fee in its present form could be scrapped”.

From The Times newspaper.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#688 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:52 am

Any chance of your wokiness decoding your previous post?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#689 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:04 am

Boac wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:06 pm
May I ask your wokiness for some guidance here, since I know you are far more aware of 'woke' matters than I - in order that I can avoid over-woking/over-BAMing this year, could you kindly (and woke-fully) highlight for me the 'woke' /'BAME' words in your line
?
Boac wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:52 am
Any chance of your wokiness decoding your previous post?
No. I don’t understand what you’re getting at.

As you’re now on their address list, why not write to the Beeb and ask them WTF?

Hardly a prime example of good Service Writing, is it?

Mind you, I never took the ‘C’ exam as I realised even in those halcyon ‘daze’, before I’d lost my marbles, that such an exercise in futility would reduce my will to live by a critical amount. So, much to the chagrin of many, I am still alive but now in serious danger...

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#690 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:11 am

No. I don’t understand what you’re getting at.
- sadly I am not surprised. YOU made the quote, I believe? Did you or did you not write
A later tribute came for BAME NHS workers
and then quote a phrase without an active verb?
As you’re now on their address list, why not write to the Beeb and ask them WTF?
I assume that, whilst 'broadcasting' your dystopian gloom, you missed the comment I made about my relationship with the DG?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#691 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:30 am

boac, I quoted a report in the Daily Torygraph of 01/01/2021, so you may research the origin there.

Yes, I noted the unsatisfactory nature of your previous comms with the BBC D-G, but that’s no reason for a Cold War ex-fighter jock to throw in the towel, now is it? :YMPARTY:

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#692 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:33 pm

Since I no longer read that rag, I say
boac, I undoubtedly mis-quoted a report in the Daily Torygraph of 01/01/2021, so you may research the origin there.
and wait for a verbatim extract to show me that the rag cannot do English either, thus absolving you (partially) of the b(l)ame.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#693 Post by llondel » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:02 pm

I'm sad that the BBC appears to be gutting local radio. I used to listen in to various shows but that all got up-ended back in March, and quite a few of the presenters are being made redundant (voluntarily, presumably a decent-enough payoff) as of today.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#694 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:05 pm

Well I hope they let Daniels go if he is still on.
He was on Radio Lincolnshire and the complaints about inappropriate innuendos were never ending.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#695 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:17 pm

llondel wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:02 pm
I'm sad that the BBC appears to be gutting local radio. I used to listen in to various shows but that all got up-ended back in March, and quite a few of the presenters are being made redundant (voluntarily, presumably a decent-enough payoff) as of today.
Ilondel, please refer to my post on this thread #628 and note that the £100,000,000 being spent on the diversity fad will be helped by the estimated £125,000,000 saved by the massive reduction in local services and staff.

I hope this aids your lunchtime G&T and food enjoyment? :-?

But be cautious when listening to Radio 5 Live, as all may not be what it seems to be...;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55518248

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#696 Post by Boac » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:13 pm

BBC goes up in my estimation. The appalling Naga is off to 5Live.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#697 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:13 pm
BBC goes up in my estimation. The appalling Naga is off to 5Live.
That may be as be, but Ms Munchetty certainly gave that failed fireplace salesman and blithering idiot, Gavin Williamson, the poker up the arse he deserves... the dead zone between his arse cheeks being congruent with the gap between between his ears and mirrored in his blank eyes.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#698 Post by Wodrick » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Think you will find that she will remain on TV Thursday to Saturday. The radio job is extra.
Bugger her handicap that will.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#699 Post by Boac » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:03 pm

Thanks for the bad news, Wod.

Yes, I see from the schedule she will be shouting and interrupting folk from 1000.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#700 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:29 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:03 pm
Thanks for the bad news, Wod.

Yes, I see from the schedule she will be shouting and interrupting folk from 1000.
It was good enough for Jeremy Paxman when dealing with blithering evasive idiots. ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."