The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#381 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:10 am

An interesting video with some very good points made. I don't think Charles Moore will be invited onto BBC programmes any time soon.

To emphasise a point he made about impartiality, I recently submitted a complaint and was referred to the Executive Complaints Unit's summary of previous complaints.

A common theme running through the adjudications was the recurring need to remind editorial, presentation and production staff of the BBC's News policy of impartiality, accuracy and honesty - the same, highly paid names appearing in more than one or two instances.

It seems to me that if BBC staff are persistently ignoring the BBC's policies and procedures, there is a disciplinary dimension that the BBC itself is failing to address. In any other organisation, staff/employees who persistently ignored the company policies and procedures would be facing disciplinary action for gross misconduct and be shown the door - that doesn't appear to happen at the BBC. Are these people fire-proof?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#382 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:17 pm

But salvation is nigh, they’ve got a new Director-General who will fix everything soon.
Meanwhile this sort of crap continues to be pumped into our living rooms if we’ve been too late hitting the mute or OFF switches;

Rod Liddle gets fired from the BBC for something he wrote as a journalist elsewhere but the Maitlis remains on full pay and in full view of the fewer taxpayers who now watch ‘Newsnight’.

‘Have I Got News For You’ and it’s radio equivalent ‘The News Quiz’ sound more like a broadcast from the Labour Party under Blessed Jeremy than genuine satirical comedy. The originals from “That Was The Week That Was” must be spinning in their graves at the current output.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#383 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Received the Executive Complaints Unit's reply to my complaint about the 'NHS Director and Burberry's phone number' story that was pushed out by the BBC when the PPE shortage was the flavour of the moment. The reply makes out that it was a "genuine misunderstanding" and they received only four complaints about that news item. Why am I not surprised by the usual patronising reply. No heads have rolled.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#384 Post by tango15 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:24 pm

For anyone sufficiently interested, there is a book/Kindle edition called BBC: Brainwashing Britain?, which I would thoroughly recommend. It gives a fascinating insight into both the people and the modus operandi of this organisation. which touches on many of the things the general public (at least those who care), feels about it. Unsurprisingly, it hasn't had much attention from the media and I very much doubt if it would be heard on 'A book at bedtime', but well worth a read imho.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#385 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Anyone else think that Emily Maitlis looks a bit like Macron's missus?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#386 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:56 pm

In the UK we’re told the BBC is cutting local broadcasting services to plug a £125,000,000 hole in it’s finances for which the pestilence is blamed;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53263793

But it seems only 5 minutes since we were told they were about to spend £1000,000,000 on a “diversity drive”;

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/2 ... y-diverse/

Can anybody direct me away from the barking mad planet towards one which has commonsense?

Then we’re treated to this sort of horse manure, appropriate for a farming programme but further evidence of the collective madness and groupthink of the W1A brigade;

And then presumably they wonder why there is a campaign to defund them? It looks like a form of corporate suicide led by public-school left-wing educated lemmings. ~X(

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#387 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05 pm

As far as I know garden centres, countryside and Stately homes are not limited to non-blacks. Other than special groups, do we see many visiting them?

They undoubtedly feel uncomfortable away from the concrete jungle. Words won't change things.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#388 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:15 am

Whilst looking at the Beeb’s latest crimes against the licence-payers I fell across this recruitment site and it certainly looks a fun place to work;

https://www.vercida.com/uk/employers/bbc

In perusing the jobs list, which contains many of the spoof jobs featured in the piss-taking W1A series, I noticed one position for “Journalist, Brazilian Service”, which for some reason caught my eye and in which I could feign an interest... =))

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#389 Post by om15 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:24 pm

I had to wait in the car for a short time this morning and listened to Radio 4 Today, the first time for a year or so, there was the never ending character assignation of Trump, also they wheeled in a couple of Indians who asserted that the Bengal Famine was completely the fault of Churchill, who deliberately held up emergency relief because he was a racist, the BBC reporter let them get away with that, failing to point out that the famine was a natural disaster, compounded by the fact that the Japs had taken Burma which was traditionally a source of food supply to eastern India, due to wartime contingencies all local river craft had been destroyed to prevent them from falling into Jap hands. External aid was very late in coming as at that time the invasion of Sicily and Italy had tied up shipping needed to bring the aid in.
The Bengal famine was a terrible tragedy, but for the BBC to broadcast that is was due to Churchill being a racist rather than looking at the root causes just shows what a low and shallow organisation they have become, further to this they are completely unchallenged, is it because people don't know any better and just accept this nonsense?

I hope that once Brexit is completed, Covid is tamed, the SNP discredited, the Government will sort out the BBC funding and let the lefties fund their own prejudices.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#390 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:18 am

A fish supposedly rots from the head downwards... and so, it would appear, does the BBC - especially the News and Current Affairs department.

Reading their own summary of the Executive Complaints Unit, they issue constant reminders to their journalists to observe their mandated rules of accuracy, impartiality and honesty and yet the same journalists repeatedly appear to ignore these directives and carry on with their normal jogging.

If the N&CA head honchos had anything about them, they would be dishing out the P45s, but their lack of action would indicate that they are content let things roll on.

If you take a look at the N&CA hierarchy, the same people have been running that department for a number of years therefore, as the failure to adhere what is mandated in the BBC's charter has been on their watch; one can only conclude that they are driving that failure. Instead of reporting news, the BBC now manufactures the news.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#391 Post by om15 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:36 pm

Latest update on the BBC,

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#392 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:28 pm

Be careful om15, “This guy is from Iran, though born in the UK”. Or maybe it’s the other way round... (See WTF...UK thread)

Anyway, he’s of dubious quality as a reporter to be getting publicity here in Blighty.

FFS, he even admits to being conservative but reads the Grauniad to discover other points of view!

I suspect he’ll join Jeff ‘Lester’ Taylor as one who attracts opprobrium and scorn despite the content of his messages and will therefore be cast out into the wilderness, especially as he has not been seen fawning over Wee Krankie and her Covid-1984 presidential daily briefs in his despatches? 8-}

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#393 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:40 pm

I don't know what the hells gone wrong at the BBC.

Most of the programming is on gay topics, on BAME/ BLM, disabled people, green issues or lefty politics- or wimmens stuff.

If you took that lot out, there'd be sweet fa left.

Even science progs- which are damn rare these days, are polluted with lefty input from Paul Nurse or that sick-inducing Brian Cox.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#394 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:53 pm

What’s gone wrong at the Beeb is that they ‘woke’ some time ago and nobody in the Corporation has the balls to convene a meeting at the highest level and to say loudly and clearly ENOUGH ! !

Their suicidal course will continue, despite the evidence of lefty bias, anti-Brexit bias, excessive rates of staff ‘diversity’ and the spending of humongous amounts of money increasing the numbers of BAMEs gracing our screens and airwaves whilst banging on about what are obviously minority interests of little or no interest to the dwindling numbers of licence payers.

Can I apply to be BBC Chairman now or does the fact that I’m pale, male and stale exclude me from being a valid applicant?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#395 Post by barkingmad » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:32 am

I have to hope that some of this money being spent on “extra diversity” can be allocated to the hiring of some of these tax collectors, some of whom will have to be very large well-built BAME in order to qualify?

Or maybe they’ll all be indigenous Caucasian extraction to make the ‘white are sh1te’ message more obvious and put them in a bad light, IAW the current BBC bias?

Apparently our favourite outsourcing firm, Crapita, has already been performing the role of “heavy muscle” for some time so looks like another lucrative contract in the pipeline for them?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#396 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:25 am

I will never pay for a license again.
They can whistle for it.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#397 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:45 am

I'm not paying for the TV licence when it becomes due later this year. TV Licensing can TARFAARD.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#398 Post by barkingmad » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 pm

I can’t help wondering why I didn’t hear about this from MSM;

Unless that particular MSM was the BBC. But that amounts to censorship, doesn’t it?

Can’t see the veterans or anyone else proud of our military forces being impressed by this example of pure 18-carat PC?!

Methinks I detect the sound of more licence fees being withheld or delayed by post-dated cheques!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#399 Post by barkingmad » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Ooooh dear! ! They are at it again!

And hot on the heels of this is the proposal that the main TV news progs are to be scrapped as they believe everyone is getting their news from online and alternative meeja.

What a self-fulfilling policy, no wonder with their biased reporting that they’re losing viewers at an alarming rate?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#400 Post by barkingmad » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:49 pm

More on the story of BBC News being shuffled off to the online world where they’ll never be viewed again;

However, if this one gets off the ground it might thrash BBC and Channel 4 into a pulp and just imagine the slant such a channel might take?

Alas what spoiled that snippet was the mention of Murdoch but it would serve the others right for their lack of objectivity and balance over the last few years.

P S, both vids are fairly brief so you don’t have to take too much time out... :-w