The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#701 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:49 pm

This one exhumed by meeja archaeologists makes me wonder are we bewailing the demise of the same organisation?

It is difficult to imagine the BBC of 2021 even allowing it's staff to discuss, let alone script and rehearse and film and actually transmit such disrespectful racist filth?!

From the days when 'woke' meant one was no longer asleep and PC was the abbreviation for Police Constable, here to lighten up the depressing mood of early New Year when you want 90 minutes of real old satire and comedy, over 4 decades old, from before the BBC comedy output was emasculated;

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#702 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Not to mention gorillaist...

Behaving like two old queens... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#703 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:55 pm

That sketch is included in my posted video TGG, patience dear boy, patience!! [-X

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#704 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:00 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:55 pm
That sketch is included in my posted video TGG, patience dear boy, patience!! [-X
Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa bm... ^:)^
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#705 Post by llondel » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:54 pm

"He bloody does eat daffodils you know"

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#706 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:26 am

WHO do they think they are kidding?
The increasingly woke BBC warned viewers that the 1971 Dad’s Army movie contained discriminatory language.
Those determined to take offence will always find something to offend them.
The problem with putting such disclaimers on even the most innocuous programmes is that the warnings cease to have any meaning when applied to genuinely offensive content.
Maybe BBC chiefs really do fear a strongly-worded letter from neo-Nazis upset at Hitler being called “shabby”.
Stupid boys.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#707 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:27 am

Mrs PN ordered a magazine from Waitrose in our online shopping. The cover image was NR and it was page 30 before a white person was shown.

As inferred from above, the whole thing starts to alienate and suggests we are being swamped with immigrants when reality out of London and certain city areas is quite different.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#708 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:06 am

Full marks to Auntie Beeb this morning for inviting the eminent Lord Sumption onto the Radio4 Today show to attempt to ‘discuss’ the lockdown legality.

Deduct all those marks when it transpired Nick Robinson was trying to say to the very experienced beak “so what you’re saying is” by frequent interruptions.

The great man gently forced his way through this badgering and at one stage said of HMG “they’re up their old tricks again”, strong stuff from a former well-respected judge!

The ultimate insult was that he was wheeled on at 0723Z and cut short at 0727Z so that the show could cut to some hysterical sports commentator jabbering and yelling recounting the nitty-gritty of a recent sports event.

It sounded like a parody of some half-baked shockjock radio show from another country but sadly it wasn’t, it was reality in the dysfunctional UK by the licence-payer funded national broadcast service.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#709 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:45 pm

At lunchtime they had Sir Christopher Meyer about the US situation. Rita Chakabarti tried the traditional tack of 'would you say' or 'do you agree' and each time he politely disagreed and told it as he wanted.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#710 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:56 pm

Another item on the lunchtime news covered a couple of famillies (BAME of course, this is the BBC) one in Bristol, t'other in Swindon, who didn't have a laptop for their children to do their schoolwork on-line. Funny old thing, at the end of the piece a teacher suddenly turned up at the Bristol household with a laptop, cue tears of joy, emotion, etc.

That same piece was shown on the breakfast programme this morning, but without the delivery of the laptop. The BBC creating false news by selective editing?? Shirley not!!
It's always my fault - SWMBO

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#711 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:25 pm

No laptop, perhaps, but Xbox or PS-5?

Parents struggle to meet home schooling demands.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#712 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:53 pm

This seemed strangely apposite (and excellent) today...
Entertaining new dramas following the political swings of The Republican Party, through the personal stories of its Presidents.

Closely based on the accounts of those who were there, we imagine the triumphs and disasters which have driven the party's electoral fortunes.

1970. President Nixon has announced the invasion of Cambodia, and student protests have ignited across the US, with National Guardsmen shooting four dead at Kent State University.

Washington is on high alert.

But when the insomniac President wakes up at 4a.m. to see defiant students gathering at the Lincoln Memorial, he walks over to talk to them, taking his White House butler with him.

The Secret Service are left struggling to catch up, as the night takes a bizarre turn.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000qdm
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#713 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:19 am

4ma, no difference from every modern TV reality show.

That woman flogging stuff recovered from the tips knocks on door to hand money over to original owner. Surprised householder opens door. The door is always opened immediately by someone immaculately dressed and suitably surprised.

That gardener chappie knocks on door to begin a project: ditto.

Or talking head, or should I say walking head, on freebie holiday walking river Bank, mountain trail, train journey, cruise or whatever on their own. Are we expected to forget the production team just off camera?

It's all fake.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#714 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:48 pm

Just watched local news. Derby police dishing out fines for rule breeches. Then she interviews Nottingham chief.
Are you going to do the same? Short answer No.
Can you drive 5 miles for exercise? Short answer 5.
Can you drive 6 miles? So it went on like a bloody auction. Eventually he said if they drove 50 miles.

Then she started on how long, an hour? Short answer Yes
Then she started the auction again. In the end he was smiling, practically laughing. and said all day was a bit long.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#715 Post by Ibbie » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:18 am

It's spread to Radio 4PN .

Totally OTT article presently being broadcast with the awful Martha Carty as conductor and Cresida Dick as soloist, all basically fed by Boris's bike ride.

Load of tripe and waste of airtime. At the end of the day the BBC editors should look up the difference in the meaning between Guidance and Law.

Martha Carty is simply a disgrace to broadcasting. Now trying to put words in Dick's mouth and fortunately not getting away with it.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#716 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:53 am

When the interviewer says 'would you agree' this is a close question, one which in interview technique we were cautioned to avoid.

I wish they taught those on interview response courses to answer Yes or No. Instead politicians especially go off on one. This evasion then has Marr or Neil badgering their victim for answer yes or no.

If at the outset they did say yes then it returns the ball right back and puts the interviewer on the back foot.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#717 Post by Rossian » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm

One doesn't help one's case by getting the wrong person - it's Kearney not Carty. I agree she's a PITA but we need to get the names right otherwise it becomes "Martha Carty?? Who is she?".

Not all we oldies are exemplars. My 18yr old grandaughter works as a care assistant in a hospital where one elderly lady, having thanked her for cleaning her glasses in the morning called her a "stupid **** bitch" in the afternoon because she didn't get exactly what SHE wanted.

The Ancient Mariner

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#718 Post by Ibbie » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:16 pm

it's Kearney not Carty.
Yes it may be, but she pronounces it as Carney and sometimes Carty, as do the other presenters. Today it was the latter.

So now you are saying she can't pronounce her own name correctly.......there is no hope!

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#719 Post by tango15 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Yesterday I received an email from the BBC, asking me to respond with my opinions about their programmes, to a questionnaire. I gave them both barrels, without getting mixed up in anything racial and told them that I am sick of seeing the two Richards - Osman and Ayoade on every other programme. I particularly dislike Ayoade doing travel programmes - he behaves like a teenager who's never been further than the end of his street. Brits don't need any encouragement when it comes to acting like idiots when abroad.

I'm sure they'll take absolutely no notice of my response - they're much too arrogant for that, but it made me feel better!

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#720 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:40 pm

Tango, once they find someone who has a following they assume we want more of the same. They are not alone. We watch two back to back ITV offerings. We watch The Chase which is quite hard especially with my hearing problem when questions are against the clock.
Popular, yes, but one of the Chasers was then given her own show. Now they have another where all the Chasers are pitted against one contestant.
Quizzes are popular but again over exposure of the same people.
Less is better.
A cookery programme is good then it spawns competitions.
Competitions are good so it spawns, dress making, pottery wood turning etc etc.
Then antiques and auctions and so it goes on.
Variety? Not at all.