The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#301 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:31 pm

Anyone notice the irritating habit that has developed when the newsreader in the studio goes to the on scene reporter and repeating the reporter's name at least four times during the piece?

"We now go over to Joe Bloggs who's outside the court. Joe, what more do we know?" ... and at the end of the piece "Joe, thank you for that. Joe Bloggs reporting there." ~X(
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#302 Post by Boac » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:38 pm

.........and that stupid woman 'MacVeigh' or something. The 'magic' BREAKING NEWS' come rolling in. She struggles to get though it all and then repeats the whole damn thing again. Everyone else got if first time, dear.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#303 Post by barkingmad » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:23 pm

.......and the cost-reducing but infuriating recent innovation of roving presenters wandering around filming themselves using a ‘selfie-stick’ ! My non aerobatics-qualified non-pilot friends complain it’s making them queasy just to watch such footage.

I just ignore it or turn over to something less cheap ‘n nasty. But if it saves the cost of camera and sound crew then I expect to see a reduction in the licence fee, not the imminent rise! 🤮

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#304 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:52 pm

Information Commissioner's Office are investigating my complaint. At least they haven't put it straight through the shredder.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#305 Post by barkingmad » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 am

Oops! the beady eye of the Downing Street mafia is turned to focus on Auntie Beeb again, though allegedly not with total destruction intent.

The powers-that-be have clocked that the peasants are totally unimpressed with the lack of impartiality and are proposing some sort of shakeup.

Hopefully we'll see a "W1A" TV type farce reshaping the news and current affairs and maybe even the comedy departments which are sliding down the popularity scales.

However I doubt if Hugh Bonneville will be offered a position in the revamp unit though on past performances he'd do an excellent job.

Once again, pop across to Jeff Taylor YouTube Latest for an audio-only briefing hot off the press today?

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#306 Post by Ibbie » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:23 am

Despite a warning from the British Government about fake and hysterical news items, the BBC continues unabated.

CLOSE BBC NEWS DOWN

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#307 Post by Boac » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:48 am

A link to what has spiked your anger would be of interest.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#308 Post by barkingmad » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:13 am

Maybe it’s Johnson’s threat to scrap the licence fee which has stimulated this? The thin end of a very fat wedge? I’m not referring to the BMI of the Right Honourable MEMBER for Uxbridge & South Ruislip!

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#309 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:22 am

I haven't paid the BBC tax for a decade (not using television), and, whilst I believe that this tax should be abolished, there will inevitably be a fee or fees to be paid in order to view BBC output (in the manner that 'Netflix' requires a charge to be paid I believe), so the BBC output will not be 'free to air'.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#310 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:31 pm

You can have your say about the decriminalisation of TV licence evasion here

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#311 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:11 am

The BBC Radio4 morning program interview with Trevor Phillips yesterday did not do anything to restore their impartiality reputation.

Another biased interchange where the interviewer tried repeatedly to ram their party line down the throat of a very patient and much more competent Trevor P.

But as contributors to this forum have proved, is there any point in writing to the Beeb with a formal complaint?

Yet the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK can order adverts to be taken down on the basis of a few pathetic snowflake type complaints. We can rest assured the inmates will make a better job of running the asylum than the staff!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#312 Post by Boac » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:18 am

I have solved that problem, BM, by no longer listening to the R4 morning programme

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#313 Post by Ibbie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:33 am

That Martha Carty woman is simply awful. Presentation skills nil. A speaking manor and voice made for mime.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#314 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:44 am

Front page news on the BBC's web-site - that Harvey Weinstein creature has tested positive for the virus. FFS, is that all that matters with these jerks in Broadcasting House - as if the UK population will show any concern for him.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#315 Post by Ibbie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 am

Perhaps the morons in charge (?) at BBC News should read the WHO points about overdoing reporting of news on the virus.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#316 Post by tango15 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:28 pm

Ibbie wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 am
Perhaps the morons in charge (?) at BBC News should read the WHO points about overdoing reporting of news on the virus.
Yes, they must spend a long time practising those serious faces, too!

It's time to put an end to these poncy 'news conferences', with the planted questions by Sky, BBC et al. Too many people think BoJo is a clown anyway. They should clear the schedules on all channels and put the head of the armed forces on in full regalia, who reads from a prepared script. No questions, no neverminds, just the basic story and remind everyone of their responsibilities and how many staff he has at his disposal to enforce lockdown if necessary.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#317 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:10 pm

tango15 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:28 pm
They should clear the schedules on all channels and put the head of the armed forces on in full regalia, who reads from a prepared script. No questions, no neverminds, just the basic story and remind everyone of their responsibilities and how many staff he has at his disposal to enforce lockdown if necessary.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#318 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Front page news on the BBC's web-site - that Harvey Weinstein creature has tested positive for the virus. FFS, is that all that matters with these jerks in Broadcasting House - as if the UK population will show any concern for him.
While here on OPS-NORMAL people are still writing about the Duke and Duchess of whatever...
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#319 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Jetex Jim wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:23 pm

While here on OPS-NORMAL people are still writing about the Duke and Duchess of whatever...

The small pleasures of the perpetually outraged I suppose! ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#320 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:14 pm

I have just received a threatening sealed postcard stating that I have to buy a TV licence to stop the harassment (which has been continuous for ten years)*.
a) I don't use TV
b) I am over 75

At this critical time when people are under self-isolation and stressed, I think that the current communication is way out of order.

* I did originally inform them that I don't need a licence because I don't have a TV, but that lapsed and now they send to 'Occupier'.