The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#981 Post by llondel » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:10 am

I was trying to discover whether smart meters use wireless comms back to base or whether they've got some sort of wireline comms. I suspect the former, because the transformer sitting up on the pole nearby would successfully suppress wireline comms. I did wonder what would happen if you accidentally left an electrical noise generator next to the smart meter and effectively jammed its comms. Does it default to off if it can't communicate for some period? The one we have on our wall appears to communicate at least hourly with the supplier, because I can look at my electricity consumption per hour.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#982 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:24 am

My one transmits a weak radio signal, I think around 900MHz. The utility company trucks drive by every house every month collecting the data automatically.
It's quite clever how they do it. Everyone with a company truck is obliged to take a certain route to work every so often, off their normal route, on a schedule worked out by some boffin. This covers almost every meter, and they only have to send out a few vehicles solely for data gathering. They have a pretty stable workforce. Plus, because it's work-related, the employees don't get taxed so much for having a company vehicle for the commute - win, win!

PEI should possibly start promoting this in the tourist stuff.
Come and see common sense - every day!
Be staggered by people being reasonable!
Marvel as government* officials say 'That's not a problem' and lie to the computer before your very eyes!

Of course, we do have our problems. If you have a road accident you may well die before the ambulance gets there...but then, you have that at home!

*Provincial only.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#983 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:33 am

Mine has an optical (?) port accessible by the meter readers as they drive past. But I'm on a fixed tarif anyway. It's called a Tarif of Tranquility. For the utility company, maybe.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#984 Post by OFSO » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:57 pm

Every time the BBC mentions the Koh-i-Nor diamond (the "mountain of light" In Persian) the wretched BBC persistantly appends the word " controversial ". It's not.
It was ceeded to the British, in the person of Queen Victoria, as partial reparation for the first Sikh War after annexation of the Punjab. Eff off, BBC, it's ours.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#985 Post by barkingmad » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:14 pm

Now this is what I would call a really SMART meter, probably smarter than the hominid who agrees to have it installed;

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/ ... 2020060606

So I will have to investigate the practicality of building one of these around my fragile EMF sensitive body;

Now where did I put the copies of '1984' and 'Brave New World' ?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#986 Post by OFSO » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:16 pm

If it's an optical port no. WiFi, yes if earthed.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#987 Post by Woody » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:24 pm

So I will have to investigate the practicality of building one of these around my fragile EMF sensitive body;

A prototype Faraday cage .
When all else fails, read the instructions.

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#988 Post by TheGreenAnger » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:27 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:14 pm
Now this is what I would call a really SMART meter, probably smarter than the hominid who agrees to have it installed;

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/ ... 2020060606

Now where did I put the copies of '1984' and 'Brave New World' ?
Barking I thought you already had the EMF thing taped, liked the tin foil and peanut butter caked cap, on your own scalp! =))
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#989 Post by barkingmad » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:20 am

Oh Dear Gawd, into what a State of over-torqued gusset has Auntie Beeb got herself over this former potato crisp salesman who cheerfully absorbs £1.35 million of reluctant licence-payers hard earned after-tax money whilst operating in his own alleged dubious tax-avoidance mode?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... m-tax-bill

I confess I am not a sports groupie but out of curiosity I watched the abbreviated clip of MOTD last night and found it very pleasant to follow a sports event without the continuous babble and verbiage from the team of self-loving overpaid lackeys.

Some time ago I recall a request from more dedicated followers of TV football, when stereo broadcasts were made available, to the broadcasters to transmit the stadium noise on one sound channel and the interminable guff from the “commentators” on the other sound channel so that a simple adjustment of the balance control would enable one to enjoy the stadium ambience without distraction.

And answer came there none from the broadcasters, probably because the overpaid wafflers threw their dummies out of their proms and bleated that their utterances must be heard as a contract condition.

This is IMHO the best comment on the knicker-twisting condition of Auntie which puts it into perspective;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/03/11/the ... y-lineker/

Of course when Lord Sugar messaged some years ago about his preference in a General Election the excreta did not hit the fan with the ferocity of the current sewage storm, for some odd reason... :-?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#990 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:55 pm

Apparently, audience viewing numbers for last-night's programme without presenters were 500,000 'up' relative to usual figures.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#991 Post by llondel » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:58 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:55 pm
Apparently, audience viewing numbers for last-night's programme without presenters were 500,000 'up' relative to usual figures.
Some of that might be curiosity as to how it was going to work. If it's presented as the new format, at what point would viewing figures drop once the novelty wore off?

I wonder what the viewing figures were for the underwear edition, after Leicester won the Premier League?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#992 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:15 pm

This week on BBC Food - Management Crumble!
With Walker's Crisps for extra crunch!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... sses-back/

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#993 Post by Boac » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:32 am

Everybody back to their campaign keyboards! https://www.theguardian.com/media/live/ ... eturn-live

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#994 Post by barkingmad » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:12 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:32 am
Everybody back to their campaign keyboards! https://www.theguardian.com/media/live/ ... eturn-live
Well that's ruined Match of the Day for me, especially the brief version(s) recently with which I could cope due to my limited attention span. i-)

Now where did I stash that model aircraft which I acquired some time ago to ease the pangs of not being at Lossiemouth any more... =))

https://finescale.com/product-info/kit- ... shackleton

I must be alert to the possibility of glue fumes addiction which will damage my few remaining functioning neurons.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#995 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:32 pm

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#996 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:28 am

A very valid point regarding whence the unfortunate fit young men are fleeing but which UK lawyers seem incapable of using to challenge the liberal Lefty hand-wringing which is capable of overturning efforts to stop the tide;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/03/13/lin ... in-france/

I would post this in the migrants thread but alas it mentions the words “Lineker” and “BBC” so it might qualify for entry elsewhere.

Anyway, what part of this plain English refers to refugees?

“As for fleeing persecution and war, Lineker seems once again to be ignoring the fact that the boats are all coming from France. Last time I checked, France was not persecuting anybody or at war. Everyone has sympathy with families fleeing conflict zones of course, and the U.K. is rightly generous towards them. But from May to September of last year, 42% of the people illegally crossing the Channel on small boats were Albanians and Albania is a democracy that hasn’t been at war since 1997. Stopping the boats is about ending human trafficking, preventing unnecessary loss of life and securing the borders. But this has been explained so many times, you can be sure Lineker and friends know it very well, they just don’t care.”

Yet the UK allows the money-grubbing legal profession to get away with the defence of using ECHR, ECR and any other outfit which thinks it’s acceptable to sink the UK well below the Plimsoll Line as a virtue-signalling exercise by rich pale folks who remain unaffected by the involuntary cultural change being forced on the indigenous population. ~X(

And if the EUssr is sooh bloody wonderful, according to the Remoaners, then why are these folks risking their lives to get to broke dysfunctional disintegrating Blighty?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#997 Post by barkingmad » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:30 pm

Yet another reason to withhold the so-called "licence fee", if anyone is still paying it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f0n ... c_team=BBC

"Billionaire Bill Gates talks to Amol Rajan about wealth, conspiracy theories and recent controversies. They visit a remote region outside Nairobi in Kenya, where Gates supports local farms and hospitals through his charitable foundation for a rare, in-depth interview with the tech entrepreneur. Gates has spent much of his life being the richest man on earth, excelling at school, founding Microsoft and helping to realise his vision of having a computer on every desk in every home. His public image has changed over the years, from geek to business titan and philanthropist. In recent years he’s become the subject of endless conspiracy theories and has attracted unfavourable headlines on the subject of his divorce and his association with Jeffrey Epstein. In this challenging and personal interview, Rajan tackles these issues head on, talking to Gates about his early success, his wealth, how he uses it now and the controversies that have arisen over the years. In this unusually candid interview Gates is often revealing in his responses."

I am surprised the good folks in Kenya have such short memories when it comes to entertaining our Bill G?!

Mr Rajan seems to be rocketing up the greasy pole of BBC sycophants, I don't understand why, seeing as how he slurs his words in such a desperate hurry to regurgitate whatever urgent info he is desperate for us all to hear.

As for the interviewee, well I wish him every success and enjoyment in his forthcoming holiday in India.

https://www.indiatoday.in/law/story/bil ... 2022-09-02

But maybe Amol Rajan doesn't follow India Today and why not, he's probably a faithful Grauniad reader courtesy of Auntie Beeb who pays for the copy and she has received only $3,668,657 from the great philanthropist.

And this glowing tribute to our favourite 'virus' salesman (think alleged buggy microsoft) might fill in some of the gaps in the cosy chat;

"The Gates Foundation focuses on world health and population and highlights its strategy of accelerating scientific discovery with reducing costs. Since the early 2000s, the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (Gavi), Global Health Innovative Technology Fund and PATH, all heavily funded by the Gates Foundation, have been distributing vaccines and drugs to vulnerable populations in Africa and India. In 2010, the Gates Foundation funded experimental malaria and meningitis vaccine trials across Africa and HPV vaccine programs in India. All of these programs resulted in numerous deaths and injuries, with accounts of forced vaccinations and uninformed consent. Ultimately, these health campaigns, under the guise of saving lives, have relocated large scale clinical trials of untested or unapproved drugs to developing markets where administering drugs is less regulated and cheaper."

Here is the full article for those who enthusiastically follow this generous chappie;

https://digitalcommons.law.ggu.edu/cgi/ ... annlsurvey

And finally BMGF get an honourable mention at the end of the film "Infertility: A Diabolical Agenda", which can be viewed free of charge over in rumble dot com... X(

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#998 Post by OFSO » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:42 am

In reporting how PC Mary Ellen Bettley-Smith repeatedly batoned ex-Aston Villa player Dalian Atkinson and "caused his death" the BBC last night omitted to mention Atkinson was in terminal kidney failure with massive cardiac problems at the time of his death and failed to explain what caused his "psychotic episode". Biased reporting as ever.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#999 Post by Woody » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:04 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64989732

Doing more to remove child poverty than the Government.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1000 Post by Woody » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:07 am

OFSO wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:42 am
In reporting how PC Mary Ellen Bettley-Smith repeatedly batoned ex-Aston Villa player Dalian Atkinson and "caused his death" the BBC last night omitted to mention Atkinson was in terminal kidney failure with massive cardiac problems at the time of his death and failed to explain what caused his "psychotic episode". Biased reporting as ever.
The Fail didn’t carry this story at all, but did have the usual quota of stories about a couple who’ve moved to California