The disgraceful BBC

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The disgraceful BBC

#341 Post by om15 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:39 am

I wonder why the BBC is failing to report the daily events on the south coast, it is alleged that about 100 people a week are illegally entering the UK in small boats from Calais, this is not being reported for some reason, nor is the fact that these people may be harbouring unpleasant germs or possibly terrorist tendencies.
The Albeeb seem to be more concerned in frantically scrabbling for any reason to be critical of the Government, they have lost all credibility as a responsible broadcaster and the sooner the leftie shower are disbanded or made to fund themselves the better. I think that once Covid and Brexit are completed they might well be, can't come too soon.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#342 Post by tango15 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:44 am

om15 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:39 am
I wonder why the BBC is failing to report the daily events on the south coast, it is alleged that about 100 people a week are illegally entering the UK in small boats from Calais, this is not being reported for some reason, nor is the fact that these people may be harbouring unpleasant germs or possibly terrorist tendencies.
The Albeeb seem to be more concerned in frantically scrabbling for any reason to be critical of the Government, they have lost all credibility as a responsible broadcaster and the sooner the leftie shower are disbanded or made to fund themselves the better. I think that once Covid and Brexit are completed they might well be, can't come too soon.
+1

Capetonian

#343 Post by Capetonian » Sun May 03, 2020 9:56 am

+1

It is no longer news, as it has been going on for so long and nobody seems interested in it, nor is there much that can be done officially to control it and drawing it further to public attention would incite 'racism' and 'hate crimes'.

About 10 days there was an interview about this very matter with some local people, I think it was in Deal or Hastings, on one of the TV channels, I forget which.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#344 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun May 03, 2020 10:24 am

om15, answer's obvious 'int. Lock down.

Half the staff are locked down overseas monitoring other hotspots like China, Syria, Kenya, and wherever else they are marooned.

The few left in UK are busy finding PPE stories spreading CV around the country showing empty hospitals or empty testing queues. I guess the Sports commentators will be getting ready to broadcast soccer matches from empty stadia. The 2 metre rule should eliminate fouls and most penalties.

Cricket would be a good sport to reintroduce spectators too. Use virtual umpires, wicket keeper stands further back, spectators would have plenty of space around the ground.

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#345 Post by CremeEgg » Sun May 03, 2020 2:11 pm

A quick look at FR24 will, on most nights, reveal a light twin (or two last night) dispatched from Doncaster to meander over the Channel usually in partnership with a UAV from Lydd. Light twin on station for a couple of hours whereas the UAV manages six or seven hours. As you say, little if any coverage anywhere apart from one item I saw a few weeks ago on the Beeb local news for Kent. I think a long run of gale force northwesterlies is our only hope.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#346 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 03, 2020 2:22 pm

I don’t suppose it might be the sort of UAV which featured in that excellent film “Eye in the Sky”?
If it was that would have the Grauniad readers howling with rage...
But just to let those readers know we are thinking of them, here’s a review of said film published by that August organ;

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/a ... len-mirren

Somehow I can’t see such kit being deployed to catch cocaine and people smugglers... [-X

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#347 Post by CremeEgg » Sun May 03, 2020 4:29 pm

when I first saw it was a drone I automatically thought of a quadcopter or similar. However, it's a Tekever AR5 UAV - twin-engined and full of all manner of surveillance kit with a wingspan of maybe 4 - 5metres. Quite a serious "toy". Plenty of videos on YouTube of its' activity at Lydd. Cannot think why they don't publicise its work - at low level strafing the French beaches maybe.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#348 Post by G-CPTN » Sun May 03, 2020 4:40 pm

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#349 Post by om15 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:28 pm

At least someone is reporting on these matters

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#350 Post by Boac » Sun May 03, 2020 6:00 pm

Excellent, om.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#351 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 pm

The Beeb is not perfect I agree but it is a lot better than many other so called news outlets.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#352 Post by om15 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 pm

No they are not, I can't think of any news outlet that is as partisan and selective with the truth as the BBC.

Their conduct is so shocking that the Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has written to BBC director-general Tony Hall warning the corporation it risks losing the public's confidence.
In the letter he calls on the BBC boss to “uphold the highest standards in relation to integrity and impartiality” amid claims those interviewed for Panorama were left-wing activists.
Mr Dowden said he was sure Lord Hall “will agree that at a time of heightened risk of misinformation and disinformation, it is more important than ever that the BBC upholds the values and standards we all expect”.

He wrote: “The public should be able to turn to the BBC for transparent, unimpeachable, reliable news.”
Mr Dowden said to Mr Hall: “I am sure you will agree that it is vital that public confidence is maintained in the BBC's long-standing reputation for fair and balanced reporting, and that any damage to that would be deeply concerning.”

A senior Government source told the Mail on Sunday: “The director-general needs to get a personal grip of this so the BBC quickly get its house in order.
“There is a worrying pattern emerging of the BBC not doing its homework and presenting partisan contributors as impartial.
“Viewers need to trust what they see.”
That the tax payer has to fund this Marxist organisation is a disgrace, they have completely lost the argument over Brexit and now this leftie remainer crowd are using our money to discredit the Government that we elected, they are stupid and arrogant enough to believe that they will be immune from public opinion, I really hope they get sorted out in due course.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#353 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 03, 2020 7:56 pm

“I wonder why the BBC is failing to report...”.
Are you referring to Coronabollocks post #1368 wherein that much maligned Nigel F is seen reporting from a UK south coast shingle beach complaining about this very
topic?
But of course he wasn’t featured in a BBC broadcast item for some obscure reason.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#354 Post by 4mastacker » Sun May 03, 2020 8:33 pm

I have to say that Chris Mason - who has been the BBC's voice for the last couple of days at No10's daily briefing has conducted himself in a manner befitting the standards expected of the BBC. As for the other journos - jeez what a load of mongs they are.

Gove and Professor Powis showed remarkable restraint when faced with bone questions such as "At what time on what day did we reach the peak of the pandemic?" FFS, as if someone had a stopwatch in their hand and was waiting ready to stop the clock. Then there was the question about the Nightingale Hospitals being a waste of time as they were under-utilised... that from a quarter that would have been howling from the rooftops if the hospitals had been full to over-flowing.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Capetonian

#355 Post by Capetonian » Sun May 03, 2020 8:35 pm

That's exactly the programme I saw, with good old Nigel wearing his flat cap.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#356 Post by G-CPTN » Sun May 03, 2020 8:36 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:33 pm
that from a quarter that would have been howling from the rooftops if the hospitals had been full to over-flowing.
Or non-existent.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#357 Post by 4mastacker » Sun May 03, 2020 8:41 pm

Indeed G-C, indeed.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#358 Post by Nick Riviera » Wed May 06, 2020 3:43 pm

Here we go again. Headline on the BBC website, "Johnson promises 200,000 tests by end of May."

Read the article and you will see that he actually said it was his "ambition" to hit that number by the end of the month.

Notice the difference?

The sooner they get their licence fee taken away the better.

Capetonian

#359 Post by Capetonian » Wed May 06, 2020 4:04 pm

That too has been distorted by clever wording. They achieved the 100,000 target last Friday by issuing that number of test kits. That does not equate to the number of people tested.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#360 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed May 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Equally it does not follow that there will be 15Ok by the 15th. As said elsewhere, you can do magic with numbers.