barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: EU Fun and Games

#142 Post by barkingmad » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:40 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Hey you! Get off of my cloud?
Sorry boac, you don’t qualify unless you’re dreaming on a Harrison-Spinks 15,000 spring mattress topped by an appropriate quality alto-cumulus duvet!🐶

P S. Which was made in England but north of Watford Gap, Potters Bar or wherever is your North/South border, beyond which they paint their faces with woad and eat their firstborn...🧐

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#143 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:11 pm

15,000 springs!!?? 15,000 options to fail. I love my horsehair stuffed mattress.

Good night, sleep tight,
Don't let the bed bugs bite

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#144 Post by barkingmad » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:35 pm

“Good night, sleep tight,
Don't let the bed bugs bite
If they bite, squeeze ‘em tight
They won’t bite another night!” i-)

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#145 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 pm

..and the origin?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#146 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:52 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:40 pm
P S. Which was made in England but north of Watford Gap, Potters Bar or wherever is your North/South border, beyond which they paint their faces with woad and eat their firstborn...🧐
Oh my goodness gracious, north of the Gap, you mean "oop north" where civilisation's writ doesn't run and the sheep are frightened! :-o

Where they still eat prawn cocktails and drink Blue Nun and "lick motorway clean". =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#147 Post by barkingmad » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 pm
..and the origin?
The horse hair, naturally! The sheeps’ wool in the H-S mattresses will have gone through the Bae146 fumes and farmers’ organo-phosphates dip and therefore flea-free.

How the hell did EU Fun & Games end up here, suspect serious thread drift for which I am partly, but not wholly responsible?! :-h

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#148 Post by barkingmad » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm

Hot off the press but you won’t hear owt about this from MSM as usual;

I thought our rightish print meeja would have been singing this from the rooftops, but if they scent blood from 10 Downing Street, then their ‘principles’ go outa the window as the feeding frenzy intensifies. [-X

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#149 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:11 am

EU, remember them? Here, in these dark and gloomy Covid-1984 doom-laden days, is some good news about the bloc and sounds like they’ve ALL been very naughty boys!

No apologies for the source of the info gained by trawling through EUSSR paperwork, at least he’s distilled the tons of bumph down to something the average EU peasant can comprehend. :-bd

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#150 Post by barkingmad » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:32 am

It’s reassuring to know there are some dissidents lurking in the corridors of power in the Fourth Reich, HQ of the 21st Century EUSSR!

Sebastian Friebel, a former parliamentary adviser to the German Bundestag, has written a magisterial account of the supranational undemocratic forces using the public health crisis as a pivot for far-reaching change and the often sinister secrecy being used to achieve it. More of the convergent opportunism which has been highlighted by lockdown sceptics. Here’s the opening to whet your appetite.

“Dear fellow citizens, I am addressing you as a non-partisan former employee of the German Bundestag with the function of a parliamentary adviser. As a result of my work in parliament and in a parliamentary group, I have become aware that the people in our country are being deliberately deprived of information on the corona crisis which is of crucial importance for assessing the situation. In view of the enormous significance of recent events, I consider it my duty to my fellow citizens to raise these issues publicly. So as to be able to express myself as freely as possible on these issues, I have resigned from my position in the Bundestag.

I suppose many will lay this text aside after just a few lines because they feel sufficiently informed about all aspects of the crisis. I understand this, because I too used to assumed that, when major events occur, we citizens would always be apprised of the background facts. But in the meantime, not least because of my experiences in parliament, I have been obliged to recognise the methods used worldwide by governments, the media and major players in the global economy to the detriment of us all, and to see that often the population is regrettably too uncritical in its response. I hope that despite this widespread lack of concern about political developments, some of you will at least check out the information provided here.

Some of what I report in the following will be considered by many readers as impossible and will be firmly rejected. I would like to say to these people that in publishing this report I am taking on considerable personal risk, and I would not dare to take this step if I were unsure of my statements. I do not want to say much about myself at this point. You, dear reader, only need to know the following about me: I am writing this report in sincere concern for the security, freedom and prosperity of us all. These fundamental pillars of our democracy are acutely endangered because the Corona crisis is being instrumentalised, and our legitimate concerns about the virus being exploited for third-party objectives.”

It all sounds suspiciously similar to the ideas being waved in my post #2116 in the Covid-19 thread elsewhere in O-N.

The report is too long to reproduce here but determined interested parties should soon find suitable links and make up their own minds. :-? :-w

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#151 Post by barkingmad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:36 pm

Lest we forget, whilst everyone is anxiously searching the skies for Covid-1984 particles, the UK’s not-so-friendly neighbours are encountering more problems as they accelerate towards their well-earned EUSSR status;

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eu-i ... -sc72prc70

How fitting that former Soviet underlings are now, if belatedly, recognising the true nature of the beast!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13251154/ ... lexit-row/

Needless to say it was NOT the UK evening MSM TV news which flagged up this dispute, but a much reviled alternative which gets it’s eyes outa it’s navel and looks further afield for more important issues.

I presume the UK Remoaners still wish to stay in or rejoin this unsavoury bunch of power-crazy nutters in charge of the fates of 500,000,000 unfortunates who were sold the idea of milk & honey in abundance by snake-oil salesmen?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#152 Post by barkingmad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:03 am

Obviously the Eurocrats in the EUSSR are getting terminally bored in the run up to Brexit?

Sounds like they’re a fun bunch and should be starring with a modern-day Inspector Clouseau in an updated “Pink Panther” film?

How a lockdown 'sex party' doomed a Hungarian Euro MP https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55174210

I’m rather relieved that me and my colleagues didn’t stray into this bar during our summer seasons of contract work in that wonderful city... :ymsick:

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#153 Post by barkingmad » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:26 am

Ooh dear, there’s trouble at ‘t mill, m’lord, how will we deal with the rebels?

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/1127 ... u-dispute/

With Hungary also making uncomfortable noises, it’s surprising that some of the more recent entrants are revolting already.

But of course the Eurocrats in Brussels have reduced the span of their lookout and have been focusing on those nasty Brits and the plague and have ignored or failed to spot problems brewing elsewhere.

And of course the Oirish have the Irexit movement hiding in the wings and like UKIP before it, they are presuming it’s too small, radical and looney to cause any serious damage.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#154 Post by OFSO » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:12 am

I see from January 1st under the Covid regulations British tourists are to be banned from entering the EU. (European Commission). Firstly I did not know the EU had agreed on common regulations, secondly this will really please bankrupt countries depending on our money, and finally how will they enforce people entering France in transit. They couldn't even manage to do it during the First Wave.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#155 Post by OFSO » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:20 am

What could possibly go wrong? November, the EU orders 300,000,000 doses of Covid vaccine from Sanofi and GSK. Last week Sanofi and GSK announced delay in rollout to the end of NEXT year because vaccine less than effective in older people.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#156 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Gawd, I'm sooh gonna miss being in the great brotherhood of man when the UK pulls the ejection seat handle 2300Z 31/12/2020! Maybe...

Christmas Quiz question # 1. Who said: "The solution to economic problems...with the eventual object of a European customs union and a free European market, a European clearing system and stable exchange rates in Europe, looking towards a European currency union". :-w :-?

You may need more than the usual postage stamp, even if it is one of those special big Xmas ones. But the correct answer may surprise the Remoaners.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#157 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:09 pm

Dr Goebbels?

Today I took delivery of the hand-made mortar pyrotechnic which was designed to detonate at just the right height and produce a very noisy starburst of just the right dimensions to avoid the base of the Edinburgh zone pan-handle by a hundred feet and not produce sparky stuff below 500' agl.

It's covered by my firearms licence and is properly stored in the rifle ammo armoury. It's very explictly covered by five million quid's worth of third party insurance.

Long ago we made the decision to go ahead and launch it at 23:00 even if BoJo cocks things up and is bludgeoned into yet another postponement of British independence.

Sadly, there will be no accompanying pissup/party. Just not doable under the letter and spirit of the Covid regs.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#158 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Yeah, fast forward back to the future, rickets, tuberculosis and the heady excitement of **** prawn cocktails as we shove our heads further up the arse of our old overlords. the Americans...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#159 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:37 pm

U P bids with "Dr Goebbels?"

Sorry Plum, nil points with that answer.

Christmas Quiz question # 2. Who said: "The results of excessive nationalism and territorial dismemberment are within the experience of all. There is only hope for peace by means of a process which on the one hand respects the inalienable fundamental patrimony of every nation but, on the other, moderates these and subordinates them to a continental policy...A European union could not be subject to the variations of internal policy that are characteristics of liberal regimes".

Gosh, on reading and transcribing these statements I'm almost regretting being a swivel-eyed looney fruitcake Brexiteer and may have to humbly apologise and don the sackcloth and ashes and spend the Xmas holiday flagellating myself for that mortal cardinal sin?! 8-|

Any other bids for Q # 1?? :-w

ribrash

#160 Post by ribrash » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:38 pm

Gormless Brown.