EU Fun and Games

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Capetonian

Re: EU Fun and Games

#101 Post by Capetonian » Sun May 31, 2020 9:23 am

isn’t it strange that the Frogs & Krauts are very keen on illegally subsidising their own industries but heaven help any other country who tries the same trick?
The Frogs in particular believe that all laws apply uniquely to 'les autres' and not to them, whether his be on an individual, national, or international level.

One such who worked for me pestered me for ages for a change in an administrative procedure. I agreed to this, only to find out that he wanted it to apply to everyone in the department except himself.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#102 Post by tango15 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:42 am

In a meeting at the Airbus offices in Toulouse one day in the mid-1980s, we were discussing the launch of the A320. The time, as I recall, was about 1030 am.

ME: So when is the launch then?
AIRBUS CHAPPIE: Lunch is about one o'clock monsieur.
ME: (trying to keep a straight face) No, not the lunch, the launch.
AIRBUS CHAPPIE: The lunch will be in the dining room monsieur.
ME: I see, but when will the launch of the A320 take place?
AIRBUS CHAPPIE (after consulting colleagues) We don't have a date yet.

Capetonian

#103 Post by Capetonian » Sun May 31, 2020 10:03 am

Having worked with the French, I can say without fear of contradiction that lunch is the ONLY thing they are punctual about, without fail, day in, day out. You can set your chronometer as they stream out of their rabbit holes at 1200.
The only other thing which features on their punctuality scale is going home after what they call a day's work.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#104 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm

So far the creaking and groaning noises indicative of severe strains and stresses on the EUSSR ship have mostly been in the south of the bloc.
But now the northerners are beginning to make distressing noises too.
In addition to the 40% increase in contributions expected from Germany, the Finns are now waking up to the “economic benefits” of being ‘in the club’ and have only just noticed it’s a handicap.
How long til a ‘Finnexit’ referendum, which hopefully will be more decisive and clear than the Brexit version?

And in case anyone has not noticed or forgotten, the Oirish are expected to contribute north of €2,000,000,000 per annum from now on, and that was before the plague knocked all the predictions askew.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#105 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:42 pm

I hope Lester's heart will stand all the excitement!!! They must be running out of exclamation marks in the 'West Country'!!!

Seriously, though, the EU must be under significant internal stress with the proposed hike in payments.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#106 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Hot on the heels of post #105 - a job opportunity arises for Nigelo Faragio.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#107 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:49 pm
Hot on the heels of post #105 - a job opportunity arises for Nigelo Faragio.
Nigel misses the income...

Even Trump has realized that he is, how should I put this? A little infra dig!

My story starts in business class on a Virgin Flight from Johannesburg to Heathrow...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#108 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 pm

"My story starts in business class on a Virgin Flight from Johannesburg to Heathrow..."

Go on, tell us the rest Professor.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#109 Post by ian16th » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Cynicism improves with age

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#110 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 pm
"My story starts in business class on a Virgin Flight from Johannesburg to Heathrow..."

Go on, tell us the rest Professor.
Let us just say these bastards are shorting Britain in all the currencies they know of, and the average, non numerate, barely literate Briton, knows, or cares not a jot about this.

It is all going to end very badly here...

But look at that simpleton Lester's face... how can it go wrong?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#111 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:13 am

Some more from the “simpleton” who manages to impart more interesting news than all of the MSM can muster;

And if this guy is a simpleton then I am but a mere amoeba on the evolutionary scale.

https://lestertaylor.uk/about/

By now O-N members will know he is unashamedly a Brexiteer and therefore might suspect what will be the content of any video posted. More relevant to the O-N forum, supposedly comprised of intelligent aware former and current aviation professionals, would be some counter arguments and even claims with evidence which might disprove the information he is disseminating. Otherwise the triviality of personal observations on any personae mentioned in the fora demeans the commentator.

It never ceases to amaze me how many in this forum are more obsessed with delivery rather than content. I suspect that when, during the current lockdown, as white van man or the postie turns up at their home bearing a parcel, they will spend effort and time (hopefully discreetly) criticising the accent, appearance, apparel and gait of the deliverer and type of vehicle used whilst failing to observe that the parcel is either not addressed to them or it is virtually disintegrating due to rough handling in transit.

To plagiarise Basil Fawlty, “please try and concentrate (on topic) before one of us dies”! ~X(

Seenenough

#112 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:19 pm

"Let us just say these bastards are shorting Britain in all the currencies they know of,"

It is the Soros playbook all over again Professor.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#113 Post by boing » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:41 pm

If only we had made these connections as we should have done prior to all of the EU garbage.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#114 Post by llondel » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:13 am
It never ceases to amaze me how many in this forum are more obsessed with delivery rather than content. I suspect that when, during the current lockdown, as white van man or the postie turns up at their home bearing a parcel, they will spend effort and time (hopefully discreetly) criticising the accent, appearance, apparel and gait of the deliverer and type of vehicle used whilst failing to observe that the parcel is either not addressed to them or it is virtually disintegrating due to rough handling in transit.
We hardly see the delivery drivers here. some of them even manage to put packages on the porch and depart without disturbing the sleeping dog just inside the door. Other days, she's wide awake and lets us all know there's someone out there.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#115 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm

I don't think that Mr Taylor is a simpleton, his record would eclipse many on here, certainly those who have never served that is.

As a resident of both Gillingham and Shaftesbury, I have lived in the county of Dorset for ten years.

I served in the Royal Navy for twenty-five marvellous years, leaving with the rank of Lieutenant Commander. During my naval career, I saw service in the 1982 Falklands War (HMS Sheffield) as well as serving on the ground wearing the UN blue beret during the aftermath of the break-up of the Former Republic of Yugoslavia. I spent my final three years in the RN as the nuclear deterrent operational planning officer in the London headquarters.

On leaving the RN I became an NHS senior manager for some years prior to qualifying as a financial and mortgage advisor and gaining a law degree from the Open University.

I also co-own and edit The Economic Voice, an online news resource.

I am a proud father and grandfather of three daughters and three grandsons!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#116 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:19 pm

I was soooh happy to learn of the rejection by his own lot of that gap-toothed Belgian juvenile delinquent who used to elevate my BP too regularly when the “negotiations” were first top of the Uk news;

And despite the sands of time visibly and obviously running out fast for some sort of reverse ferret by the UK in their attempt to become an independent nation, free of the shackles etc etc, this idiot continues to spout the same old script;

Yes I know, a double bill of J T, but Covid-1984 is driving me further round the bend than I’d previously acknowledged! ~X(

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#117 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:58 am

Lest we forget, this sort of stupidity continues as we all view the world from our plague defence positions;

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2010/03/19 ... -1-740485/

If you want any more comment our friend Jeff Taylor has his usual take on the topic... :-h

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#118 Post by barkingmad » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:19 am

Hello there! Just in case anyone had forgotten the big wide world out there of happy nations co-operating with each other in an economic and political bloc formed for the mutual benefit of all, her’s another snippet from the Secret Garden of Eden in Brussels;

I eagerly await the response of the Oirish if/when they finally wake up to the horrendous amounts of dosh they will be passing to Ursula and the team in the near future.

It might ultimately solve the Irish Sea border question if they can escape before Italy, or Hungary or any other of the malcontents.

Maybe this thread should be re-titled “When Thieves Fall out”... ~X(

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#119 Post by Boac » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:20 am

Yes, a sudden rush by Eire to leave the EU could solve our Irish Sea border wall construction difficulties.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#120 Post by barkingmad » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:25 am

Allegedly when the Irish Sea Border was announced it was an Oirish firm who were first in with a tender for the fencing. :))