EU Fun and Games

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: EU Fun and Games

#121 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Obviously Ursula and the rest of the gang of thieves are hoping that this movement won’t gain any support nor even publicity in the light of what’s just been announced re the ROI membership subscription;

It is possible that the Brussels mafia are under the impression that the Oirish are ‘tick as 2 short planks” and will either not notice this robbery or will not care about it, but I await developments with interest, fiscal and otherwise!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#122 Post by barkingmad » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:15 am

More number-crunching for the man on the street from our favourite taxi-driving undertaker;

There are lies, damned lies etc seems to be the best summary of what our esteemed leaders are preaching and I note with interest the USA figures get examined in this almost exclusively EUSSR collection of figures.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#123 Post by OFSO » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:44 am

I have a nutty friend who believes in the EU. "The UK was stupid to leave the EU, look at all that money Spain is going to get". Most Spanish think like her and so do the Irish.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#124 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Why would the UK’s allegedly Murdoch-dominated press fail to bring this ‘old’ news to our attention?

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/28/cor ... quarantine

Bearing in mind the prime destination for these unfortunates is to reach the UK, be accommodated in the Hilton Bromsgrove hotel and to be accepted into the UK as refugees fleeing blah blah, then the current lockdown measures being implemented piecemeal into UK regions would seem to be a pointless exercise which will only damage the interests of the ‘indigenous’ UK population?

Food for thought as you hang on every word uttered by Chris Whitty and the idiot Hancock?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#125 Post by barkingmad » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Will we ever discover who amongst our politicos actually signed us up to this sort of commitment?

Answers on the usual back of a postage stamp please.

More names are needed for the “Blade” list as the deal for televising the spectacle looks like it could be a long series and we don’t want to disappoint the Saturday evening viewers!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#126 Post by barkingmad » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:50 pm

And now a message from our taxi-driving undertaker;

Seems like the Oirish have neither woken up to the invoice about to drop through their letterboxes nor woken up to the loss of their much-prized ‘military neutrality’ which is about to disappear soon.

Then they might join the Italian, Spanish and others of the ‘27’ in tendering their resignations from this very expensive club?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#127 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:26 am

And now a short history lesson from the glorious days of 1992, the ERM and Britain’s Black Wednesday.

Interesting how the names of Ken Clarke and John Major keep floating up from the bottom of the toilet bowl, but rest assured, they are locked into the “Blade” list along with George Soros;

No apologies for another talk by our taxi-driving undertaker, at least he appears to be doing his research in contrast with MSM and the UK Brexit negotiators? Why we have not walked away, turned out the lights of our offices in Brussels/Strasbourg and locked the door having left a note behind informing Barnier & Co “You can whistle for your money”?

Watch out for a major wobble from BoJo & team as the clock ticks towards the end. I fear we will be signing up to some endless coitus-interruptus deal with the EUSSR instead of a proper withdrawal, which some will consider a breach of trust or just plain treason.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#128 Post by barkingmad » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:45 am

Meanwhile, in a happy land far far away from the UK, some men & women in suits are beginning to feel distinctly uncomfortable because they’re not getting their own way as they have been for far too long.

This one makes a change from your favourite taxi-driving undertaker but makes the points just as effectively.

I hope those who are interested will be able to listen and digest and are not trapped under the stairs suffocating with a face nappy amongst all the ‘bedwetters’?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#129 Post by Boac » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm

I am interested but found the sound a bit muffled. Maybe I am wearing my 'face nappy' wrongly?

Good to see Mahyar in full retail mode. Learning from Lester, I guess.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#130 Post by llondel » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:31 pm

As far as I can see, until the EU accept that people in the UK are subject to UK courts, not EU courts, and that the UK need not have a "level playing field", I doubt if things will progress. The fishing rights are a distraction, it's a political issue and a small part of the overall picture.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#131 Post by barkingmad » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 am

As we hurtle down the final straight in this exciting race here’s an update on the progress, or lack thereof, which is not given by our favourite taxi-driving undertaker;

‘Twill be interesting to see who blinks first amongst the loonies organising this contest, will it be the increasingly theatrical BoJo or the apparently robotic Barnier?

Is it possible, following his statement on fishing waters’ sovereignty versus the rights to the fish, that we’ve been spelling his name wrong all this time and he should henceforth be known as Michel BARMIER? =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#132 Post by Boac » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:00 am

His name is actually Barrier.

All these 'videomentaries' are very entertaining and well put together. What they actually add to this remains unknown. It amazes me how many hours are diligently put into all these productions. There is, presumably, the tantalising glimpse of 'fame' as you are elevated to a spot in the the hallowed 'Hall of Talking Heads' and the 'How many 'likes' table' - or is it the excitement of the merchandising that draws?

Answers in a short (entertaining) video presentation?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#133 Post by barkingmad » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:58 am

Trade Barrier? :-w

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#134 Post by ian16th » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:23 pm

It is quite simple, on leaving the EU the status reverts to what it was when the UK joined the Common Market.
Cynicism improves with age

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#135 Post by barkingmad » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:34 pm

Instead of Jeff Taylor, here’s another pundit confirming my original diagnosis of Michel Barmyer’s insanity and fall from power;

I’d love to see the EUSSR’s equivalent to Dads Army Corporal Jones running up and down the Brussels corridors shouting “Don’t panic Ursula!” but suspect we’ll be denied that pleasure.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#136 Post by om15 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:45 pm

This evenings update,

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#137 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:51 pm

Is there an echo echo echo in here?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#138 Post by barkingmad » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:33 pm

For those of us who are obsessed with section this and para that of various sources, here you are, fill yer boots and become an authority on the lethal conundrum currently being waved from the rafters by some Remoaners and some former Leavers who have become bedwetters overnight on the Brexit topic.

If one can stay awake and fight onto the end of this excellent bedtime reading, then our barrack-room lawyers can glow in the conclusions to this paper. So, here goes FYI;

http://ejil.org/pdfs/13/3/491.pdf

If yer none the wiser, howzabout “We’re leaving, you can whistle for your approx £30,000,000,000 “ so feck off!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#139 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:38 pm

2002? I'm off for a tot.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#140 Post by barkingmad » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:13 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:38 pm
2002? I'm off for a tot.
A perfect choice of music for those who find it difficult to drop off to sleep!

I rarely get to the end of any album as I relax in my ‘cloud’...

https://www.2002music.com/