Fri May 15, 2020 3:20 pm
Source?
Torygraph.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: EU Fun and Games

#82 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 19, 2020 8:31 am

And the last message from the EUSS Titanic was that she was steaming onwards at max speed towards greater unity and control over the member states as the EU Army was being designed. Or did the Morse code get corrupted on that message?
Meanwhile, the comms with the engine room and the lookouts tell a different story;

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/11/ana ... onal-court

Of course here in the UK there’s precious little on the MSM news except the not very funny “Hancock’s Half-Hour” on Covid-19, which usually has me reaching for the mute/off button.

But in the midst of revolting Spaniards, Italians thinking of Italexit and those nasty Brits not rolling on their backs and submitting to the endearments of Michel Barnier, the Germans, of all nations, are falling out big time with UVDL and Mutti Merkel, both of whom are, erm, Germans!

But the Oirish are understandably concerned with what’s happening as they are already having to step up to the plate and become net contributors to this multi-national Ponzi scheme which is already falling apart;

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/germ ... -1.4254549

One would hope that reason would prevail with the Brussels Brigade and that they would stop allowing themselves to be distracted by Brexit by endlessly arguing over fisheries’ policy and trying to tie the UK into some everlasting subservience to their diktats. This might release some intellectual energy and capacity to solve the dangerous structural problems with the weakening union of the remaining 27, but that does not seem to be a priority with the EUrocrats.
Whilst all this is happening we in the UK have a bunch of treacherous MPs who are writing direct to Brussels to campaign for a 2-year delay to Brexit and we all know what that will entail. Where’s that guillotine when you need one fast?!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#83 Post by Boac » Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 am

All good clean fun! Even more entertaining than 'Hancock's Half hour'
and become net contributors to this multi-national Ponzi scheme
Shock-Horror - you don't mean Ireland is going to have to pay into the EU, shirley!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#84 Post by barkingmad » Tue May 19, 2020 9:51 am

I believe I’d previously highlighted somewhere in O-N that the Oirish were going to have to shell out €2,000,000,000 per annum for the ‘privilege’ of staying in the 27.
And that was before Brexit was looking more like a no-deal WTO departure and before Covid-19 and before the latest squillions of euros being promised by Brussels to help the ‘union’ in the post Covid recovery.
Watch this space or Chaos Oireland for further breathlessly exciting reports...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#85 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Meanwhile in a La-La land, far away from Covid-19 and Dominic Cummings, a small problem is arising with our nearest neighbours which might put 250-mile drives into perspective?
Anyone fancy buying an old battered Ford Consol, still a runner but nearing the scrapyard?

This is posted despite the risk of triggering apoplexy in some of our number... :-o

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#86 Post by Boac » Sun May 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Not too sure how high I rate Mr Soros! I think few 'apoplexies', BM, since this will not affect the UK. Whether any of our 'European' posters will suffer.............

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#87 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 24, 2020 3:00 pm

I gather Mr Soros is not much liked but there is a possibility that now he has uttered, all the hedge-funders and bankers will panic and do something irrational?
Once the lines on the screens start to fall towards the lower right-hand corner, them mass panic plus the computer algorithms will do the rest.
The remoaners have always assured us that a damaged EU will be bad for naughtyboy Britain so I now will start losing sleep over what I might have to face in the morning.
Even worse, I have a piggybank full of lotsa €s and was ‘banking’ on parity with the valueless £, at which point I would exchange, but that pleasure may be denied! ~X(

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#88 Post by OFSO » Sun May 24, 2020 5:16 pm

The Merkel and Macron plan to grant (i.e. give) €500,000,000,000 of EU money (from somewhere) to the poorer EU countries to help their Covid-blighted economies was shot down yesterday by the Frugal Four - Austria, Denmark, Holland and Sweden - who blocked it and said if any dosh was handed out, it had to be in the form of a fixed-term loan. Cue shock, horror, and dismay from Italy and the other usual suspects who would have been beneficiaries of the Brussels no-strings-attached handout, and all of whom already have massive national debts.
Source, today's "Sunday Times".

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#89 Post by barkingmad » Mon May 25, 2020 8:54 am

If Mutti Merkel, Macron, UVDL and their lackeys turn up at my door asking for a ‘sub’ from my € stash, what do the panel advise my reply should be?
Printable pre-watershed answers only, please! :-?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#90 Post by Boac » Mon May 25, 2020 9:03 am

I assume you would simply direct them to your work area and show them the progress on your project?

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#91 Post by bob2s » Mon May 25, 2020 10:45 pm

I would say the old English idiom of --Fook orf -- would possibly suffice.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#92 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon May 25, 2020 10:52 pm

Bob's why do you care mate?
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#93 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon May 25, 2020 11:00 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm
Meanwhile in a La-La land, far away from Covid-19 and Dominic Cummings, a small problem is arising with our nearest neighbours which might put 250-mile drives into perspective?

This is posted despite the risk of triggering apoplexy in some of our number... :-o
The taxi driver.... =))

You Kleine Englanders...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#94 Post by OFSO » Tue May 26, 2020 5:36 am

In order to save Lufthansa from bankruptcy, the German government is taking a twenty percent share of the airline. It is illegal under EU regulations to subsidise the airline, so they are injecting 5.7 billion euros into Lufthansa by 'Silent Paticipation'. What's in a name, eh ?

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#95 Post by bob2s » Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 am

Sorry Gob ,I must of missed the rule that I had to care to participate in a thread!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#96 Post by Boac » Tue May 26, 2020 7:36 am

In post #93 TGG wrote: barkingmad wrote: ↑
Sun May 24, 2020 2:31 pm

The taxi driver.... =))
I do really appreciate the efforts you and PN make to keep our failing minds active during lockdown by making all these cryptic posts - great fun to try and crack :)) - I eventually found BM's "Buy a Lester Mug' post buried deep in another thread - keep 'em coming!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#97 Post by OFSO » Wed May 27, 2020 5:21 am

And now France proposes a subsidy, sorry a 'grant', of eight billion euros, to the French car manufacturers to keep them from bankruptcy.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#98 Post by barkingmad » Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 am

OFSO wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:36 am
In order to save Lufthansa from bankruptcy, the German government is taking a twenty percent share of the airline. It is illegal under EU regulations to subsidise the airline, so they are injecting 5.7 billion euros into Lufthansa by 'Silent Paticipation'. What's in a name, eh ?
Here’s even more on this story and isn’t it strange that the Frogs & Krauts are very keen on illegally subsidising their own industries but heaven help any other country who tries the same trick?

https://www.politico.eu/article/merkel- ... ommission/

P S. Why is it I always get an awful sense of depression when I contemplate the visage of the lovely Mutti Merkel?
Does she always look so miserable because she realised some time ago that the great EUSSR project is just a decaying crock of sh1te and is looking forwards to retiring to her East German dacha?

Looking elsewhere in the wonderful alliance of peace-loving former nations of Europe, it appears that our waffle and frites chomping friends are getting restive with the way the world is turning.
I hope that any political unrest in that fractured artificial country will not jeopardise supplies of the Leffe and other excellent beers for which they are justifiably famous;

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronav ... nder-fire/

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#99 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 31, 2020 9:08 am

Meanwhile in a La-La land, far away etc etc;

And as if you hadn’t had enough of the well-informed blackcab driver, here’s some more about that strange island moored off the Kent coast;

And no, I don’t have one of his mugs, yet... And I appreciate that the breathless exhilaration on viewing the latest “Get Rid of Cummings” poll far exceeds the minute satisfaction the Brexiteers will experience at watching these vids.
But, heyho, there’s a big world out there which is going to affect us long after Cummingsgate is consigned to 6” squares hanging from the nail in the ‘netty’!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#100 Post by Boac » Sun May 31, 2020 9:18 am

Are you an investor in https://teespring.com/en-GB/stores/jeff-taylor? I see a wide range of 'desirable' Lester products on sale, including a rather lovely and comforting pillow (only £23.98...) with his distinctive face on it to lull you to sleep =)) Whether it has a sound chip which says 'Hello There!' and 'Buy my mug' at annoying intervals is not clear from the website.

How is your MP responding? Has he signed the petition? https://www.change.org/p/dominic-cummin ... -be-sacked Nearly 1 mill 100 thousand now. Never mind, though, we can all trust Boris, can't we?