Chaos in USA

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in USA

#1201 Post by barkingmad » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Here is a very sobering look at their southern neighbour by a Canajun writer who seems to have summed up the current mess in the USA, especially in the Covid era.

I don't deny that similar words may be written about European ex-'empire' countries, principally but not solely the UK.

It will take some time to peruse and digest and I await the reaction and comment from our contributors either side of the 30W line. :-w

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... s-1038206/

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1202 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:30 pm

prospector wrote:known to someone with more authority than her grand daughter.l
Do we know for sure she didn't? It is certainly an unseemly panic rush before the lady is even buried.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#1203 Post by prospector » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:09 am

I would have thought that the reply by boing would have covered that eventuality

"I doubt very much that she can have any influence on her successor, this is a selection process for Washington not something that can be gifted in her estate".

(With one minor spelling mistake corrected correctly, I hope)

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#1204 Post by Dushan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:43 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:02 pm
Here is a very sobering look at their southern neighbour by a Canajun writer who seems to have summed up the current mess in the USA, especially in the Covid era.

I don't deny that similar words may be written about European ex-'empire' countries, principally but not solely the UK.

It will take some time to peruse and digest and I await the reaction and comment from our contributors either side of the 30W line. :-w

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... s-1038206/
A typical Canadian, morally superior to Americans, left coast leftie. They are a dime a dozen. Nothing to see here, move along. We’ve seen this kind of talk a thousand times.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1205 Post by barkingmad » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:24 am

A country which will become a "Urine-stenched Graffiti'd Wasteland in which the Zombies Lay Around Until They Die".

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch ... 1288200007 -is a book published in 2016 and I am surprised the author has not been indicted for documented incitement to violence.

Here is a short discussion on the topic of legal looting in the current febrile post-BLM riots atmosphere. When this is considered with the images of the various armed groups patrolling their streets heavily armed with assault weapons, then I won't be applying for an ESTA anytime soon;

Try not to laugh too much, it's a deadly serious topic! [-X

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1206 Post by EA01 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:59 pm

Code: Select all

A typical Canadian, morally superior to Americans, left coast leftie. They are a dime a dozen. Nothing to see here, move along. We’ve seen this kind of talk a thousand times.
Yeah, you are correct..& only your point of view could ever be correct....facts need not ever come into the discussion..... :-bd

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1207 Post by barkingmad » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Dushan, I have to presume from your contemptuous dismissal of the Canajun article that you consider this to be ‘fake noose’ and not proven history?

“As America policed the world, the violence came home. On D-Day, June 6th, 1944, the Allied death toll was 4,414; in 2019, domestic gun violence had killed that many American men and women by the end of April. By June of that year, guns in the hands of ordinary Americans had caused more casualties than the Allies suffered in Normandy in the first month of a campaign that consumed the military strength of five nations.”

It’s appropriate that this may be posted in this thread, bearing in mind the OP?

But your POTUS is fecking clever, only $750 in tax payment?!

There are many rednecks out there, with or without AR15s in their wardrobes, who’d just lurve to get away with an IRS bill like that.

Especially when they watch the rapid reconstruction of the long-dead steelworks and car factories promised by he of the $70,000 hairstyling... ~X(

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1208 Post by Boac » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:50 am

OK - anyone watch the comedy show?

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1209 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:50 am
OK - anyone watch the comedy show?
More like a Sh!t Show. ~X(
Was out when it aired here but watched a middle of the night replay. X( :-o :(( :ymsick:
Now watching MSM rip Trump's Clown Show.

PP

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#1210 Post by Dushan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm

I think Trump did very well against his two debating opponents.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1211 Post by Boac » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:43 pm

Didn't watch it, Dushan, who were they?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1212 Post by OFSO » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Himself and Ol' Joe...

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#1213 Post by Dushan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:43 pm
Didn't watch it, Dushan, who were they?
Mostly Chris Wallace, and another muttering ol' fool Joe Biden.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1214 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:50 am

Good news! The tech giant, the good ole USA, is thinking of fitting a mute or off switch to the audio circuits of the next circus performers!

Why didn’t they think of that before?

It’s certainly a device which should be used in the current affairs shows in the UK, preferably with a 2-minute bracket in which to frame one’s ‘answer’ with a traffic light system to warn the arrogant windbags they are running out of time.

But I suppose it will be regarded as infringing somebody’s human rights and the pre-implementation risk assessment process will last beyond 2024... i-)

Dush, have you formulated a response to my post #1207 which was direct questions addressed to you for our clarification? :-w

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#1215 Post by Dushan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:51 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:50 am

Dush, have you formulated a response to my post #1207 which was direct questions addressed to you for our clarification? :-w
Is this a the question you refer to?
"Dushan, I have to presume from your contemptuous dismissal of the Canajun article that you consider this to be ‘fake noose’ and not proven history?"

Not fake news, from the factual POV, but the arrogant, self appointed Canadian morally superior, writer is just another face in the mass of leftie professors who opine on things not having anything to do with him. He should be a lot more worried about guns and gangs coming from the East, into Vancouver, and BC in general, that what is happening south of the border.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1216 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:34 pm

“ Not fake news, from the factual POV”

Hah! At last some sort of response.

Is this the type of “ self appointed Canadian morally superior” attitude which grates with you?

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-that-ma ... nd-the-U-S

Just some food for thought which I hope does not affect your digestion?

The fact that the Canajuns are crapping themselves at the idea of the Murricanes invading them to acquire, by force if necessary, all those wonderful natural resources when the US has finally exhausted their own stocks may have something to do with their attitude?

So carry on raising your Winchester rifle and slotting the despatch rider because of the message he’s carrying in the saddlebags, as per normal Wild West practice!

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1217 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:02 pm

Excellent Debate Analysis :ymdevil:

PP

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1218 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 pm

“Debate”? ?

I thought we’d be treated to something like this;

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/debate

Instead I saw a bad-tempered ill-disciplined and badly refereed quarrel ‘twixt a couple of geriatrics straight out of their Year 9 classroom which was embarrassing to watch, briefly, before I lost the will to live...

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1219 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:17 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 pm
“Debate”? ?

I thought we’d be treated to something like this;

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/debate

Instead I saw a bad-tempered ill-disciplined and badly refereed quarrel ‘twixt a couple of geriatrics straight out of their Year 9 classroom which was embarrassing to watch, briefly, before I lost the will to live...
+1

If these candidates are the best that the "United" States of America can produce then all I can say is God Help America!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1220 Post by barkingmad » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 pm

“ If these candidates are the best that America can produce then all I can say is God Help America!”

The pick of the bunch from, in theory, 331,000,000 candidates!

Here are some views from down under, very often an interesting source of different opinions to those of the Norn Hemisphere;

https://amp.smh.com.au/national/nsw/cir ... 560o4.html